Maple Ridge teacher

Maple Ridge teacher

Postby featfan » Jan 15th, 2019, 2:14 pm

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#246834

A Maple Ridge substitute teacher who described the gruesome details of the Pickton murders to his Grade 6/7 music class has been reprimanded by the B.C. Commissioner for Teacher Regulation.

Just wow. Reprimanded.
featfan
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 355 posts

Re: Maple Ridge teacher

Postby gman313 » Jan 15th, 2019, 2:17 pm

welcome to reality

it happened. We can learn the details of WWII, millions of Jewish People slaughtered. But this horrific crime can't be discussed

hitchhiking is dangerous

blueliner likes this post.
gman313
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1457 posts

Postby Triple 6 » Jan 15th, 2019, 6:31 pm

He also told students about watching a teenager die in an undertow in Hawaii and warned that a serial killer could “get them” if they ever hitchhike while later telling them about his hitchhiking tours through Europe.

“He told students about a bar he went to where a beautiful young woman asked him to buy her a drink,” the agreement says. “The drink turned out to be very expensive, so he said he was not paying… he described this as a scam or trick the bar played on drunk male customers.”

Fairley also videotaped a class of Grade 5 students without their parents permission, telling them he was going to send the video of the class playing marimbas to a music producer. He never had any intention of following through and was just making the video for his wife.

from the article. The Pickton thing, I can deal with, I agree with Gman on that. The other stories? What the what!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings

2 people like this post.
Triple 6

Liked in: 3347 posts

Postby Veovis » Jan 15th, 2019, 7:18 pm

None of it was remotely acceptable for MUSIC class. HE was a substitute teacher who abused such as a personal soap box for poor behavior. Absolutely should be reprimanded.

Having notes from the teacher to ask them to get the kids to play twinkle twinkle and you follow those instructions by explaining how to kill a hooker....ya, you need not be in a classroom.

3 people like this post.
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 4381 posts

Postby dontrump » Jan 15th, 2019, 8:49 pm

Veovis wrote:None of it was remotely acceptable for MUSIC class. HE was a substitute teacher who abused such as a personal soap box for poor behavior. Absolutely should be reprimanded.

Having notes from the teacher to ask them to get the kids to play twinkle twinkle and you follow those instructions by explaining how to kill a hooker....ya, you need not be in a classroom.

the guys a nut ball and obviously not a good teacher otherwise he would have had a long standing full time job

and a music class being told all the wee willie tails ? I mean really?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 671 posts

Postby normaM » Jan 16th, 2019, 6:17 am

thanks for posting, missed this gem. Looks like he been teaching since the mid 80s
I imagine class after class having to hear the " beautiful woman" story
If onion rings are wrong I don't wanna be right
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4203 posts

Postby Queen K » Jan 16th, 2019, 6:31 am

Veovis wrote:None of it was remotely acceptable for MUSIC class. HE was a substitute teacher who abused such as a personal soap box for poor behavior. Absolutely should be reprimanded.

My mind goes to a very dark place in regards to the video. Very dark.

This is a human being who is no longer acceptable in a classroom.
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13978 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 16th, 2019, 7:06 am

If the class was criminal science I could see it, not a music class.

This is not what those students signed up for in that classroom.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

Veovis likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8088 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Return to B.C.