Province taken to task

Province taken to task

Postby mnprochnau » Jan 22nd, 2019, 2:10 pm

how did ryan donn get this job. An absolute fear monger. Peoples lives are at stake because we don't have these systems in place. How ridiculous. If this were true why is it being brought up now and not decades ago. As an intelligent and conscientious society I am quite sure we would have noticed a number of people succumbing to death 'cause they couldn't get e ride home by now. Or has ryan discovered a here-to-fore unknown statistical analysis proving these are the circumstances. Peoples lives are at risk but ride sharing will save them. I really don't think so. Ryan Donn has a very pubic position and people will listen to him no matter how wrong he is, no matter what thoughtless jargon he spews.
I am not against ride sharing just the proposed arguements
mnprochnau

Liked in: 8 posts

Re: Province taken to task

Postby Fancy » Jan 22nd, 2019, 2:11 pm

Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 7164 posts

Postby LTD » Jan 22nd, 2019, 2:59 pm

mnprochnau wrote:how did ryan donn get this job. An absolute fear monger. Peoples lives are at stake because we don't have these systems in place. How ridiculous. If this were true why is it being brought up now and not decades ago. As an intelligent and conscientious society I am quite sure we would have noticed a number of people succumbing to death 'cause they couldn't get e ride home by now. Or has ryan discovered a here-to-fore unknown statistical analysis proving these are the circumstances. Peoples lives are at risk but ride sharing will save them. I really don't think so. Ryan Donn has a very pubic position and people will listen to him no matter how wrong he is, no matter what thoughtless jargon he spews.

I was at an xmas party in December at an establishment in town and saw someone from a different group than ours elect to drive due to the two and a half hour wait for a cab at about 11:30 so yes peoples lives are being put endanger.

4 people like this post.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3404 posts

Postby dreamon » Jan 22nd, 2019, 3:40 pm

mnprochnau wrote:how did ryan donn get this job. An absolute fear monger. Peoples lives are at stake because we don't have these systems in place. How ridiculous. If this were true why is it being brought up now and not decades ago. As an intelligent and conscientious society I am quite sure we would have noticed a number of people succumbing to death 'cause they couldn't get e ride home by now. Or has ryan discovered a here-to-fore unknown statistical analysis proving these are the circumstances. Peoples lives are at risk but ride sharing will save them. I really don't think so. Ryan Donn has a very pubic position and people will listen to him no matter how wrong he is, no matter what thoughtless jargon he spews.

His pubic position should not become public

normaM likes this post.
dreamon
Fledgling

Liked in: 117 posts

Postby dontrump » Jan 22nd, 2019, 4:07 pm

Interesting because I always assumed UBER and Lyft were used every where in every city in North america ?
never kbnew BC did not allow Uber or lyft etc
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 718 posts

Postby spooker » Jan 22nd, 2019, 4:34 pm

Of course there's also the issue that getting more cars/taxis on the roads to carry people will have a negative impact on congestion and collisions ...

No, I don't see Uber & Lyft as the solution for what ails us ... it's the same thing I tell my kid, be grateful for what you have, don't keep whinging for what you think you need ...
--
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. -- Plato

Smurf likes this post.
spooker
Übergod

Liked in: 823 posts

Postby jimmy4321 » Jan 22nd, 2019, 4:39 pm

Never used Lyft but used Uber for a month in Ontario, it was fast nice vehicles and seemed there was 2 or 3 nearby so little waiting. Was the best, drivers seemed always friendly
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2116 posts

Postby LTD » Jan 22nd, 2019, 4:50 pm

spooker wrote:Of course there's also the issue that getting more cars/taxis on the roads to carry people will have a negative impact on congestion and collisions ...

No, I don't see Uber & Lyft as the solution for what ails us ... it's the same thing I tell my kid, be grateful for what you have, don't keep whinging for what you think you need ...

it actually does the opposite if an uber driver picks you up downtown and im at orchard park and both are going to black mountain they pick me up along the way so instead of two cars going the same area you have one
LTD
Lord of the Board

Postby Urban Cowboy » Jan 22nd, 2019, 4:50 pm

LTD wrote:

I was at an xmas party in December at an establishment in town and saw someone from a different group than ours elect to drive due to the two and a half hour wait for a cab at about 11:30 so yes peoples lives are being put endanger.

There are also those who simply don't go out, due to the uncertainty of getting back home safely in the wee hours.
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand. Most people listen with the intent to reply.” -Stephen R. Covey

2 people like this post.
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 6874 posts

Postby LTD » Jan 22nd, 2019, 4:54 pm

that and the cost of a taxi is ridiculous here compared to other places ive been around the world

Urban Cowboy likes this post.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Postby Bsuds » Jan 22nd, 2019, 5:29 pm

It might help if you actually read the article. He is protesting the fact that the NDP are asking "again" for the City Counsel's view on these ride sharing services.

This is not the first time they (NDP) have asked for this!

A more to the point complaint would be for the NDP to get off their collective derrieres and make a decision.

ps: He got voted into office.
My Wife gives me very sound advice...99% sound and 1% advice!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 12120 posts

Postby Anonymous123 » Jan 22nd, 2019, 6:39 pm

He’s just grandstanding.
We See
We Judge
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1502 posts

Return to B.C.