Punches over parking spot

Punches over parking spot

Postby the truth » Jan 28th, 2019, 10:37 am

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7869 posts

Re: Punches over parking spot

Postby LTD » Jan 28th, 2019, 10:53 am

they fight like girls [icon_lol2.gif]
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3817 posts

Postby mexi cali » Jan 28th, 2019, 11:23 am

Prolly one of those one car was waiting for the spot and someone else zipped in and flipped them off when they honked.

Too funny.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

2 people like this post.
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 4503 posts

Postby dirtybiker » Jan 28th, 2019, 12:16 pm

Maybe if more people got a non-life threatening smack to the head.
Less people would make dick-head moves.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

LivinginKelowna likes this post.
dirtybiker
Guru

Liked in: 3850 posts

Postby pieinthei » Jan 28th, 2019, 12:22 pm

thats almost as good as WWE.. :popcorn: :clapping:
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 875 posts

Postby Green-light » Jan 28th, 2019, 12:29 pm

There is no doubt, I have certainly felt the same kind of frustration before. I've been in situations where I wanted to jump out and give somebody a slap upside the head. That said, I did not. That's not how we do things in Canada. Here in Canada, we have enough respect for our fellow human beings that even though we see them in the wrong at times, we are strong enough to overlook our emotional responses and choose to act like responsible adults. That's how it's done in Canada.
In my eyes, this is a clear example where deportation should be immediate. Clearly this is an immigrant that has not studied the handbook close enough. Either that, or they have such a disregard and lack of respect for our social standards that in my opinion they do not deserve to live in Canada.
Send the angry little man back from whence he came.
Simple problem.
Simple solution.
Any questions?
Green-light
Fledgling

Liked in: 119 posts

Postby Sige » Jan 28th, 2019, 12:30 pm

The woman is an absolute saint - I would have dropped both of them.
Non illegitimi carborundum est.

2 people like this post.
Sige
Übergod

Liked in: 767 posts

Postby OKkayak » Jan 28th, 2019, 12:34 pm

Green-light wrote:There is no doubt, I have certainly felt the same kind of frustration before. I've been in situations where I wanted to jump out and give somebody a slap upside the head. That said, I did not. That's not how we do things in Canada. Here in Canada, we have enough respect for our fellow human beings that even though we see them in the wrong at times, we are strong enough to overlook our emotional responses and choose to act like responsible adults. That's how it's done in Canada.
In my eyes, this is a clear example where deportation should be immediate. Clearly this is an immigrant that has not studied the handbook close enough. Either that, or they have such a disregard and lack of respect for our social standards that in my opinion they do not deserve to live in Canada.
Send the angry little man back from whence he came.
Simple problem.
Simple solution.
Any questions?

So where do you deport someone who was legally born here when they do this? Because this sure as heck ain't a race thing. Seen my share of all kinds of people doing the same thing including what you seem to deem as "Canadians".
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk

2 people like this post.
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 5108 posts

Postby soupy » Jan 28th, 2019, 12:55 pm

Unrelated / related story.

Last year I stopped and was signaling waiting for a car to leave a spot so I could enter.
Another car approached from a different direction and did the same. (the configuration of the lot made it difficult for him to see me, but I was clearly there first)

We locked eyes, he saw my intentions, and we were at a stand still.
I raised my hand / fist and made the universal jesture for a game of rock / paper / scissors.

We played a game both sitting in our cars deciding who got to pull in. First 2 rounds were tie, and I won the 3rd. We both laughed, gave eachother a thumbs up :up: and no fight needed.
A few others in the parking lot saw what we were doing as well and had a good chuckle along with us.

That is the best way to settle a parking dispute.

15 people like this post.
soupy
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 820 posts

Postby Bsuds » Jan 28th, 2019, 1:06 pm

Parking lots like Costco should have a pick-a-number as you drive in. lol
Being an Adult is the dumbest thing I have ever done!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 13321 posts

Postby RustyCrayon » Jan 28th, 2019, 1:06 pm

soupy wrote:Unrelated / related story.

Last year I stopped and was signaling waiting for a car to leave a spot so I could enter.
Another car approached from a different direction and did the same. (the configuration of the lot made it difficult for him to see me, but I was clearly there first)

We locked eyes, he saw my intentions, and we were at a stand still.
I raised my hand / fist and made the universal jesture for a game of rock / paper / scissors.

We played a game both sitting in our cars deciding who got to pull in. First 2 rounds were tie, and I won the 3rd. We both laughed, gave eachother a thumbs up :up: and no fight needed.
A few others in the parking lot saw what we were doing as well and had a good chuckle along with us.

That is the best way to settle a parking dispute.

That's the best thing I've read all day. Love it!
“Historically, the claim of consensus has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that the matter is already settled.”
– Michael Crichton

soupy likes this post.
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Liked in: 558 posts

Postby spooker » Jan 28th, 2019, 1:28 pm

Bsuds wrote:Parking lots like Costco should have a pick-a-number as you drive in. lol

I've found that the best solution to this is to aim for as far away from the door as possible (not saying the Visions parking lot, but usually near the corner of Ziprick and Baron) ... never have to vie with another for a spot, not wasting gas driving around, and I get some exercise ...
--
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. -- Plato

2 people like this post.
spooker
Übergod

Liked in: 1003 posts

Postby OKkayak » Jan 28th, 2019, 1:32 pm

spooker wrote:I've found that the best solution to this is to aim for as far away from the door as possible (not saying the Visions parking lot, but usually near the corner of Ziprick and Baron) ... never have to vie with another for a spot, not wasting gas driving around, and I get some exercise ...

Same here. I just don't get it why some people drive around in circles and circles just to get one spot closer to the door getting frustrated and more frustrated. Parking further away and walking a couple hundred feet really isn't that hard.
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk

2 people like this post.
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 5108 posts

Postby normaM » Jan 28th, 2019, 2:01 pm

That woman is with the aggressor. When he pushed her thought she'd flatten him.
Over a freakin parking spot, world gets goofier daily.

Would like to know what they are saying in their own language. Buddies not much of a help " stop it now" I would have curbed him
Button button.. where are those cheap buttons?
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6547 posts

Postby Bsuds » Jan 28th, 2019, 2:14 pm

Bsuds wrote:Parking lots like Costco should have a pick-a-number as you drive in. lol
spooker wrote:
I've found that the best solution to this is to aim for as far away from the door as possible (not saying the Visions parking lot, but usually near the corner of Ziprick and Baron) ... never have to vie with another for a spot, not wasting gas driving around, and I get some exercise ...

If it's too busy I will just keep on trucking and come back another time. One of the advantages of being retired.
Being an Adult is the dumbest thing I have ever done!

seewood likes this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 13321 posts

Next

Return to B.C.