New name for BC Place

Re: New name for BC Place

Postby flamingfingers » Feb 5th, 2019, 8:03 pm

Gosh!!! Guess it is too difficult question for BC Liberals to answer.

And that's why the BC Liberals get elected. Supporters can't separate fact from fiction, lies from truth, or expend any intellectual thought on their ideology, much less inspect their party's (nonexistent) moral and ethical standards.
Overpopulation threatens all life on earth.

Cactusflower likes this post.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 21297
Likes: 6888 posts
Liked in: 6907 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 8:56 am

Re: New name for BC Place

Postby OKkayak » Feb 5th, 2019, 11:04 pm

flamingfingers wrote:dontrump:

Easy question for you to answer:

Who cancelled the $40 million Telus naming deal and stuck us taxpayers with a $15.2 million dollar bill?

Christy Clark

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas

Who stuck Canada with a $4.5B bill for a pipeline?

If Clark was the Grinch then I guess Horgan is the Apocalypse.
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk

6 people like this post.
User avatar
OKkayak
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3806
Likes: 3956 posts
Liked in: 5059 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: New name for BC Place

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 6th, 2019, 1:24 am

flamingfingers wrote:Gosh!!! Guess it is too difficult question for BC Liberals to answer.

And that's why the BC Liberals get elected. Supporters can't separate fact from fiction, lies from truth, or expend any intellectual thought on their ideology, much less inspect their party's (nonexistent) moral and ethical standards.


Whatever you may think yourself to be, a person with any right to comment on moral and ethical standards, sure as heck ain't it. Not even remotely close. Don't forget you've left a digital trail, to verify your hypocrisy and double standards.
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.” -Bob Dylan

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Guru
 
Posts: 5461
Likes: 5726 posts
Liked in: 7818 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: New name for BC Place

Postby flamingfingers » Feb 6th, 2019, 7:04 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 6th, 2019, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Overpopulation threatens all life on earth.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 21297
Likes: 6888 posts
Liked in: 6907 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 8:56 am

Re: New name for BC Place

Postby normaM » Feb 6th, 2019, 7:20 am

If a corporation name prolly Pattison Place ( nice ring to it)
If they are renaming just to rename I'd vote for Terry Fox Place.
Button button.. where are those cheap buttons?

bernie428 likes this post.
User avatar
normaM
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19242
Likes: 9334 posts
Liked in: 6511 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2007, 7:28 am

Re: New name for BC Place

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 6th, 2019, 8:14 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 6th, 2019, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4849
Likes: 2394 posts
Liked in: 1006 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 11:33 pm

Re: New name for BC Place

Postby Urbane » Feb 6th, 2019, 10:39 am

^^ Old, discredited, inaccurate, distorted, and most definitely off topic! Any response to the above post would be off topic . . . so . . .
:topic:
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 22039
Likes: 10424 posts
Liked in: 13139 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: New name for BC Place

Postby Jx3 » Feb 6th, 2019, 11:41 am

flamingfingers wrote:And that's why the BC Liberals get elected. Supporters can't separate fact from fiction, lies from truth, or expend any intellectual thought on their ideology, much less inspect their party's (nonexistent) moral and ethical standards.


Incorrect, as usual. The BC Liberals tend to get get elected over and over and over again simply because they aren't the NDP! I am not a "BC Liberal supporter", I would support any center-right party that has the best chance of keeping the dumpster-fire that is the NDP from gaining power.

77-2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_British_Columbia_general_election

4 people like this post.
Jx3
Übergod
 
Posts: 1119
Likes: 2737 posts
Liked in: 1242 posts
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2011, 7:46 pm

Re: New name for BC Place

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 6th, 2019, 12:50 pm

Urbane wrote:^^ Old, discredited, inaccurate, distorted, and most definitely off topic! Any response to the above post would be off topic . . . so . . .
:topic:


I disagree. There's nothing inaccurate, distorted, or off-topic about the reporting of why Telus backed out of the sponsorship of BC Place. Someone suggested that Telus should have its name on the stadium, and I simply pointed out the fact that they had originally offered to do just that, and why it didn't happen. I just hope enough readers were able to click on that Tyee link before my comment was deleted.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4849
Likes: 2394 posts
Liked in: 1006 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 11:33 pm

Re: New name for BC Place

Postby burnedatstake » Feb 6th, 2019, 12:53 pm

bc liberals "moneypit"
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2107
Likes: 972 posts
Liked in: 493 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Re: New name for BC Place

Postby gordon_as » Feb 11th, 2019, 11:32 pm

dontrump wrote:
your so wrong on every level here this is an example of the dumest SOB to ever run BC the telus deal was a win win situation
Horgan and his socialist cronies have their heads up their :swear:

this was a good win win deal



That's hilarious , considering it was Christy Clark's Liberal government that cancelled the Telus deal. Interestingly the whitecaps play there , and call it Bell Pitch , because their big sponsor is Bell. Christy Clark was a big whitecaps fan. The owner of the whitecaps owned a nice house in shaughnassey which he rented to his friend Christy. Details of the Whitecaps contract to use BC Place stadium were requested through a FOI request , about 75% of the document was blacked out (redacted). I wonder how much they are paying Pavco to play there , and I wonder how much rent Christy was paying for that house.
New for 2018 : Now posting at the maturity level of the average Lieberal cheerleader. Any intelligent remarks or verifiable facts are probably accidental.

Cactusflower likes this post.
gordon_as
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2965
Likes: 34 posts
Liked in: 1062 posts
Joined: Feb 16th, 2008, 9:12 am

Re: New name for BC Place

Postby gordon_as » Feb 11th, 2019, 11:38 pm

flamingfingers wrote:
And that's why the BC Liberals get elected. Supporters can't separate fact from fiction, lies from truth, or expend any intellectual thought on their ideology, much less inspect their party's (nonexistent) moral and ethical standards.


FF : can I use this as my forums signature ?
New for 2018 : Now posting at the maturity level of the average Lieberal cheerleader. Any intelligent remarks or verifiable facts are probably accidental.
gordon_as
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2965
Likes: 34 posts
Liked in: 1062 posts
Joined: Feb 16th, 2008, 9:12 am

Re: New name for BC Place

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 12th, 2019, 11:36 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 12th, 2019, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.” -Bob Dylan

OKkayak likes this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Guru
 
Posts: 5461
Likes: 5726 posts
Liked in: 7818 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: New name for BC Place

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 12th, 2019, 5:35 pm

flamingfingers wrote:
And that's why the BC Liberals get elected. Supporters can't separate fact from fiction, lies from truth, or expend any intellectual thought on their ideology, much less inspect their party's (nonexistent) moral and ethical standards.


so what does that say about the intellectualism, the lies, and the moral and ethical standards of the party (the NDP) who has lost 5 elections in a row to these BC Liberals? It sure says a lot about how truly crappy the NDP are, and how truly crappy our options in BC are.

If the NDP could be disbanded, perhaps we'd have a hope of forming an all new party. But the malfeasant sleaze-bag NDP will never do that, because their supporters can't separate fact from fiction, lies from truth, or expend any intellectual thought on their ideology, much less inspect their party's (nonexistent) moral and ethical standards
Justin Trudeau or Kathleen Wynne - who was the bigger troglodyte?

3 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 34328
Likes: 16586 posts
Liked in: 24230 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am
Location: Far away from any Leftists

Re: New name for BC Place

Postby burnedatstake » Feb 12th, 2019, 7:14 pm

TRUDEAU place!
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2107
Likes: 972 posts
Liked in: 493 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2011, 2:38 pm

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1791, Catsumi, CommonCrawl [Bot], kplange, parks101 and 1 guest