Speculation and Vacancy Tax declaration.

Speculation and Vacancy Tax declaration.

Postby Leifer » Feb 9th, 2019, 4:40 pm

Just finished my declaration online.

Fairly quick and painless....although a little invasive.
Noticed in big bold letter that 99% of respondents will be exempt from this new tax.

Wonder how much our glorious minority/coalition government is spending to administer this new tax?
Will it collect enough revenue to cover the costs of its admin?

Or is this just a typical NDP "make work" program to swell the ranks of their public service union types?
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)

3 people like this post.
Leifer
Board Meister

Liked in: 966 posts

Re: Speculation and Vacancy Tax declaration.

Postby NotNorthAnymore » Feb 9th, 2019, 4:58 pm

FYI:
Already a discussion on this at - viewtopic.php?f=84&t=80911
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
NotNorthAnymore
Board Meister

Liked in: 302 posts

Postby polelady » Feb 10th, 2019, 9:23 am

THE other forum is way off topic... ...
And yes this is a Make WORK program for the new government.. and for sure cost 50 cents on the dollar collected...
I have not done my forms yet.. but note a few things... interesting... BOTH myself and my wife have to respond... like *bleep*, come on lets get something in order.... why BOTH...?
Also interesting is my friends live on First Nations land and as far as I can tell that is all exempt... again *bleep*
OH well it is provincial.... and for sure the NEW JOBS will be blown OUT OF PROPORTION with this new staff,,,
( FYI - I had called in to that hot line was on hold for over an hour..when I asked if this was normal.. he advised MORE staff was being hired for the inrush that they expect... ) ???? ho hum... I finally got my forms in the mail this last week..
polelady

Liked in: 21 posts

Postby dontrump » Feb 10th, 2019, 3:38 pm

polelady wrote:THE other forum is way off topic... ...
And yes this is a Make WORK program for the new government.. and for sure cost 50 cents on the dollar collected...
I have not done my forms yet.. but note a few things... interesting... BOTH myself and my wife have to respond... like *bleep*, come on lets get something in order.... why BOTH...?
Also interesting is my friends live on First Nations land and as far as I can tell that is all exempt... again *bleep*
OH well it is provincial.... and for sure the NEW JOBS will be blown OUT OF PROPORTION with this new staff,,,
( FYI - I had called in to that hot line was on hold for over an hour..when I asked if this was normal.. he advised MORE staff was being hired for the inrush that they expect... ) ???? ho hum... I finally got my forms in the mail this last week..

typical ill thought bu·reau·crat mess and totally uncalled for and will solve nothing ; its extremely unfair system

but then so is the MSP premiums being reduced or free to individuals all to be made up by small and medium business
1.95% payroll tax
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 671 posts

Return to B.C.