Arrests at tent camp

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Arrests at tent camp

Post by Fancy »

And not one word against those that defile all that is important to people. Don't forget about all the people that steal and defecate on those that pay their taxes.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

John Newton, 28, is seen behind police tape in Maple Ridge, B.C., on Saturday, March 2, 2019. Newton says he was the last resident to leave the “Anita Place” homeless camp in Maple Ridge, B.C., when police and firefighters enforced an evacuation order Saturday and cordoned off the area.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#250580

How long will it be before the park is usable again.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Because_They_Lie wrote:

There will always be a certain number of human beings who choose the nomadic lifestyle - that is and should be their prerogative.

I can't believe this statement. Do you actually believe someone should be able to live like this. Are you saying they must support themselves, no drain on society, no welfare, no food bank, no stealing, no living on someone else property, private or public without paying proper rent. Or are you saying they just decide to live off everyone else in any way they can. If that is what you are saying then please explain what would happen if the majority of people choose that life style. Who would do the work, feed us and pay the bills. Life is not a free ride, there are responsibilities that include looking after ones self. There are many people that deserve help, but many of these homeless who decide to live that way need a good kick in the :cuss:
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

When I end up homeless, the last place I would be found would
be in a congregation of others.
I will be set up where I'm outa sight, outa mind, with a none too
easy to access location.
I'm also well versed in how to run a clean, tidy and safe site.

I'm confident I have the tools in the box to self sustain without
resorting to theft.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Write the book … you'll never be homeless! :D
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pieinthei »

I'm sorry, but why are these people being given the dignity of being called "residents"?.. tell it how it is.. They are free-loading SQUATTERS! :swear:
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Smurf wrote:
Because_They_Lie wrote:

There will always be a certain number of human beings who choose the nomadic lifestyle - that is and should be their prerogative.

I can't believe this statement. Do you actually believe someone should be able to live like this. Are you saying they must support themselves, no drain on society, no welfare, no food bank, no stealing, no living on someone else property, private or public without paying proper rent. Or are you saying they just decide to live off everyone else in any way they can. If that is what you are saying then please explain what would happen if the majority of people choose that life style. Who would do the work, feed us and pay the bills. Life is not a free ride, there are responsibilities that include looking after ones self. There are many people that deserve help, but many of these homeless who decide to live that way need a good kick in the :cuss:

Yes, I do actually believe that someone - anyone should be able to live like this if they so choose. What does Freedom mean to you?

Countless tribes have been nomadic throughout history, were they some how wrong for doing so in your mind?

There are individuals + families all over the world who have chosen to live on their own terms, often they are referred to as living "off-grid" - all the more power to them! I suppose these individuals and families are criminals in your mind too?

Living by our own devices is by far much more time consuming, labor intensive, and filled with constant challenges and risks in comparison to living within the system that has been built up around us -it is a fallacy to think otherwise.

No, I do not suggest others live off of one another, as we actually do now.

Where does the so-called "Government" spend your taxes: food and sundries - utilities - property - cable - cellular - gasoline

How about your income tax, where does your so-called "Government" spend that money?
The money that you pay your so-called "Government" from labored life-blood, sweat and tears to survive.

What about your Carbon Tax, where does your so-called "Government" spend that money?

tax
Dictionary result for tax:

past tense: taxed; past participle: taxed

1. impose a tax on (someone or something).
"hardware and software is taxed at 7.5 percent"

synonyms: levy a tax on, impose a toll on, charge duty on, exact a tax on, demand a tax on; More
assess, charge, tithe;
"the president pledged to tax foreign companies more harshly"

2. make heavy demands on (someone's powers or resources).
"she knew that the ordeal to come would tax all her strength"

synonyms: strain, stretch, put a strain on, make demands on, weigh heavily on, weigh down

There is something to be said for people who complain about a small group of down and out individuals who have become addicted, brain injured, mentally ill or developed depression, unexpected physical illness such as cancer, lose their job and/or their home and cannot afford to rent or buy another one - but I will not say it.

With jobs dwindling, increased population through emigration, the cost of everything increasing rapidly, carbon tax (a tax on a tax) etc.

It is these unfortunate souls you decide to place all of the blame and responsibility on -

What about the Thuggies that you call your government?

Highly organized criminals, bring the queen in for good measure, the very family who came to these lands and colonized it, stealing land (making treaties) with the first peoples of these lands, creating taxation for war time, then creating income tax - this is called "modern day slavery" in which you and countless others have cognitive dissonance out the ying yang!

Direct your judgments and holier than thou attitude in the proper direction - the organized criminals that created the system we live within that have a you picking on a group of unfortunate individuals who clearly had to have been struggling in the first place to wind up exactly where they are----on the streets.

People like you thinking somehow homeless individuals do you and society wrong - when all along it has been and is the Thuggies who stole it all to begin with - charging every single soul for every cent they spend and every cent they earn... and now every breath they take and every carbon footprint all corrupt, destructive and greedy corporations create!

WE pay for their gigantic filthy rich lives while a few handfuls of our down and out die on the streets with people like you yelling that they are ruining your community and we should remove their freedom (as though freedom is a sin) - take away their warming devices and their freedoms (what little remains as they are a constant target of the RCMP and city counsels and people like yourself) to make you sleep peacefully at night - Wow! Do you think any of them get any Peace at all?

I suggest you discover your own soul, its people with perceptions and attitudes like yours that keep us living in a world that is only growing in its numbers of suffering human beings

Bark up the appropriate tree - maybe then you will see actual manifestation of healthy communities with little to no homeless individuals.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Because_They_Lie wrote:There will always be a certain number of human beings who choose the nomadic lifestyle - that is and should be their prerogative.

Considering this is all about the tent city and no one else, I can understand why Smurf and so many others would feel the same way. No, it is not a right that squatters mooch, steal and take from others and put others at risk. They choose to live among society they should be giving back to society.
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pieinthei »

Fancy wrote:
Because_They_Lie wrote:There will always be a certain number of human beings who choose the nomadic lifestyle - that is and should be their prerogative.

Considering this is all about the tent city and no one else, I can understand why Smurf and so many others would feel the same way. No, it is not a right that squatters mooch, steal and take from others and put others at risk. They choose to live among society they should be giving back to society.

if they want to live that Nomadic lifestyle, i suggest they hop into the DeLorean and take a permanent ride back to the past! its called evolution.. btw, they would not last a minute in those times either..
cant believe what i am reading.. sickening!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

A nomadic lifestyle involves moving.
A nomad is someone who lives by traveling from place to place. Nomadic thus means anything that involves moving around a lot. Nomadic hunter-gatherer tribes follow the animals they hunt, carrying tents with them.

Those people are not moving, they have been so entrenched in living on this one spot, they have set down roots.
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/nomadic
en·trenchedDictionary result for entrenched

adjective
(of an attitude, habit, or belief) firmly established and difficult or unlikely to change; ingrained.

Now that they have been evicted, they are forced to pursue their nomadic lifestyle.

“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
—William Arthur Ward.
If you've ever been on a sailboat, you'll understand the importance of wind. Without wind the boat will not move, it will drift about with the current.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Good Day Because_They_Lie. Thank you for the rant. I read it a couple of times and got nothing informative, constructive or positive out of it. Hopefully it made you feel good because I am sorry but I doubt if it will did anything to change my mind or for that matter anyone else's. I do not believe there are any nomads there. I also do not believe there are any that want to live off the grid. There are lots who are in trouble of one sort or the other that need help, but from experience I also know they need to want it and be willing to do what is necessary. There are others who want to live that sort of life but as leeches on society not as you say putting in the work necessary to live off the grid. I have no idea what a solution might be. If I did I would probably be a very popular person.

I'll not say anymore at this time and as I said hopefully you got things off your mind.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

You have made some valid points Smurf as did alanjh595 and something that Because_They_Lie has totally ignored is there was a hierarchy within the tent city. They weren't nomads and I don't doubt there were the truly homeless that needed a "feel safe" kinda place but the criminals in there ruined it for all.

Return to “B.C.”