All things Wilkinson

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: All things Wilkinson

Post by Urbane »

^^ Wilkinson was elected as an MLA in 2013, long after the BC Rail sale. I realize that the purpose of this thread was for posting negative things, real or imagined, about Andrew Wilkinson. I'm only participating to get a little information out there on the subject of this thread. You didn't even know when he became an MLA and now you do! So BACK ON TOPIC!
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

so wilkinson was sitting in government during which a teen threw himself from a hotel window. with how cooly wilkinson has responded to things more recently i wonder if he felt that credit counseling was also important for alex gervais. maybe if alex had a government that took his well being seriously - he wouldnt have felt compelled to leap to his death. wilkinson and his party have blood on their hands. and by their lack of taking this teens pleas seriously - it is evident they really didnt care.
https://globalnews.ca/news/3234699/form ... ens-death/

wilkinson was also apart of a party with blood on their hands again. in the eventual suicide of Roderick MacIsaac. the liberals initially dealt with this scandal so cooly and irresponsibly - that a person died. i wonder if Roderick MacIsaac had credit counseling he may not have died?
https://www.vancourier.com/news/researc ... 1.14497328
Last edited by burnedatstake on Mar 11th, 2019, 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Urbane wrote:^^ Wilkinson was elected as an MLA in 2013, long after the BC Rail sale. I realize that the purpose of this thread was for posting negative things, real or imagined, about Andrew Wilkinson. I'm only participating to get a little information out there on the subject of this thread. You didn't even know when he became an MLA and now you do! So BACK ON TOPIC!

On topic, what year did the BC liberals drop the BC Rail sale from their election campaign? Who was the BC liberal party president at that time? What year did the BC liberals set out to sell BC Rail? If you're suggesting the BC liberal party president, of the day, had clean hands - I don't know, maybe? Perhaps, an investigation into the whole affair would have cleared the air, but I don't really see the point now.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Drip_Torch wrote:On topic, what year did the BC liberals drop the BC Rail sale from their election campaign? Who was the president of the BC liberal party president at that time? What year did the BC liberals set out to sell BC Rail? If you're suggesting the BC liberal party president of the day had clean hands - I don't know, maybe? Perhaps, an investigation into the whole affair would have cleared the air, but I don't really see the point now.
I know that Andrew Wilkinson was president of the BC Liberal Party from 1998 to 2001 and I've read that it was a volunteer position. BC Rail wasn't sold until November of 2003. I doubt very much that the Liberal Party president, whomever it might have been in 2003, would have been involved in the sale of BC Rail. Party presidents are all about the party and politics. Not about helping to run the government.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

Urbane wrote:I know that Andrew Wilkinson was president of the BC Liberal Party from 1998 to 2001 and I've read that it was a volunteer position. BC Rail wasn't sold until November of 2003. I doubt very much that the Liberal Party president, whomever it might have been in 2003, would have been involved in the sale of BC Rail. Party presidents are all about the party and politics. Not about helping to run the government.

so when it is suitable it is ok to overstate someones role and knowledge in other threads (I.E plecas) - or understate ones role (I.E wilkinson) for the liberal party in the past. how convenient.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Damn ..you had to bring up that name again didn't you. Have I told you how much I don't trust Plecas and his sidekick Mullen?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

As we suspected:
Attachments
out of touch.JPG
Chill
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^
Keith Baldrey

Verified account

@keithbaldrey
Follow Follow @keithbaldrey
More
The pushback I’m getting from some BCLib caucus members for raising eyebrows at their leader speaking at the West Van Yacht Club is telling. They don’t “get” the situation they are in. That party really needs a re-set.
#bcpoli
Chill
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

flamingfingers wrote:As we suspected:

I don't get it. The speculation tax is stupid. How is panning it showing you are out of touch?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

GB wrote:

I don't get it.

We already know that......
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I don't get it. The speculation tax is stupid. How is panning it showing you are out of touch?
Indeed. The people who are out of touch are those who think that the speculation tax is a good idea.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Urbane wrote:
    The Green Barbarian wrote:I don't get it. The speculation tax is stupid. How is panning it showing you are out of touch?
Indeed. The people who are out of touch are those who think that the speculation tax is a good idea.

I may be mistaken, but I think the point being made is that Wilkinson isn’t down at the legion hall, or at Timmy’s or a curling arena in any of the areas where people are being screwed by the speculation tax, talking to the common folk. Instead he’s staying within his comfort zone socializing with the gang down at the yacht club...
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Hurtlander wrote:I may be mistaken, but I think the point being made is that Wilkinson isn’t down at the legion hall, or at Timmy’s or a curling arena in any of the areas where people are being screwed by the speculation tax, talking to the common folk. Instead he’s staying within his comfort zone socializing with the gang down at the yacht club...
You're not mistaken. That's certainly the point that Keith Baldrey and others are making. Wilkinson has a couple of years to work on his image before the next election to make sure that he's talking to the right people.

Of course Christy Clark was going to lose an election because of issues like going through a stop sign, after stopping in the early morning hours with no traffic, and so I personally think that the next election will be decided on pocketbook issues. We'll see.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Urbane wrote:

You're not mistaken. That's certainly the point that Keith Baldrey and others are making. Wilkinson has a couple of years to work on his image before the next election to make sure that he's talking to the right people.

And who are the 'right people" Urbane?
Chill
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

“It’s a good way to generate stories about people who are deemed to be well off and how they are going to be kicked around a bit,” he told the chamber crowd. “That’s good politics for the NDP.”

Kicking Wilkinson around is even better politics for the New Democrats. Once more this week, he played right into their hands.

[email protected]

1% Wilkinson is truly clueless!
Chill

Return to “B.C.”