Daylight saving time. Rant away.

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Daylight saving time whining about to begin again

Post by alanjh595 »

I think that the Newfoundlander's are the smartest of all this bunch.

When we all get the warning on the West coast that the missiles are coming, and "The world will end today at 3 PM" (5:30 in Newfoundland).
Bring back the LIKE button.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

daylightsavings.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Personally, I’ve never understood why we have to change the clocks ahead one hour in the spring. Why can’t we just do it at 2:00 am, like we do in the fall?
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

^^I'm skeered to click the "yes" button, Glacier. What's it do?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

rustled wrote:^^I'm skeered to click the "yes" button, Glacier. What's it do?

Same as Glacier...not much. :D
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

rustled wrote:^^I'm skeered to click the "yes" button, Glacier. What's it do?

Oops, I didn't notice that the caption was missing. It's supposed to read: "Areas of the world where Daylight Savings is a good idea."
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

And if I click it, what'll happen?

ETA: Oh, I get it. That's not a button. DUH!
:dash: :138:
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

GordonH wrote:So the State of Florida will for last time be moving clocks ahead this weekend & will be leaving them there year around.
Good for them, impo best choice :up: :up:

rest of NA should follow suit

You do realize that Florida is much further south, right? If we left the clocks on PDT all year here in the Okanagan the sun would rise at about 8:55 a.m. on December 21st. Spring ahead to make the sunlight last longer in summer, fall back so it's not dark til mid morning in winter. I don't know what all the whining is about, I have never been adversely affected by the time change, nor do I know anyone who ever has been affected. Those that say they have would complain about anything. "Well I drove into the oncoming vehicle cuz I thought it was earlier than it was". Riiight. Just my opinion though, I could be wrong.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

#ItsTime
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Snman wrote:You do realize that Florida is much further south, right? If we left the clocks on PDT all year here in the Okanagan the sun would rise at about 8:55 a.m. on December 21st. Spring ahead to make the sunlight last longer in summer, fall back so it's not dark til mid morning in winter. I don't know what all the whining is about, I have never been adversely affected by the time change, nor do I know anyone who ever has been affected. Those that say they have would complain about anything. "Well I drove into the oncoming vehicle cuz I thought it was earlier than it was". Riiight. Just my opinion though, I could be wrong.

Explain why it is still needed to be done.

It all started during WW1 by Germany
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

GordonH wrote:
Snman wrote:You do realize that Florida is much further south, right? If we left the clocks on PDT all year here in the Okanagan the sun would rise at about 8:55 a.m. on December 21st. Spring ahead to make the sunlight last longer in summer, fall back so it's not dark til mid morning in winter. I don't know what all the whining is about, I have never been adversely affected by the time change, nor do I know anyone who ever has been affected. Those that say they have would complain about anything. "Well I drove into the oncoming vehicle cuz I thought it was earlier than it was". Riiight. Just my opinion though, I could be wrong.

Explain why it is still needed to be done.

It all started during WW1 by Germany

Yes, we all saw the funny video. I did explain. One, so we get more daylight in summer. After all, who cares if it's light at four in the morning? Give me one more hour in the evening. Two, so the sunrise is not at almost nine in the morning in the dregs of winter. That's why. imho
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I am so grateful that my four days off in a row starts tomorrow. No explaining to people why I'm not late or early. No angry outbursts. No me changing dozens of clocks for different people all over the houses. All I get to do is sleep in til my usual 4 am and hope I can get back to sleep, as per usual and manage to have a day without 10 cups of coffee. And tomorrow is a jumble sale at the Okanagan Falls Senior Center and Sunday is Seedy Saturday, so much fun! :130:
Last edited by Queen K on Mar 9th, 2018, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Countries near the equator have 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark. What would be the point of them using DST?

The world needs to use and adhere to a common time according to zones and quit fiddling back and forth.
Chill

Return to “B.C.”