Dress code double standards?

Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: Dress code double standards?

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Keep telling yourself that. At the end of the day I don't really care what you think. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
BCPickles
Fledgling

Post by BCPickles »

The reason I raised this debate was never about PC orr about taking offence.
My concern is how this debate is always framed when I encounter it, as if the dress codes are discrimination despite having much more freedom than men in that category. I support re-examining elements of standard dress codes the approach had always just baffled me.

Dress codes are neither PC or against PC they are a tool that can be used either way.

Personally I am pro dress code because it enforces a proper professionalism in attire which bleeds into behaviour by creating a professional environment.
My experience is that proper business conduct has been on the decline for some time, pre-dating me, and I personally like business attire and reliable business conduct rather than the behavioural whims of the randoms. When people dress and behave in a business appropriate fashion it helps encourage a culture of discipline, if that is what you are going for. Given the topic was about government workers i assumed that would be the goal.

But thats just me and my preferences, I like the gears to operate smoothly and not be gummed up by peoples whims.
Last edited by BCPickles on Apr 3rd, 2019, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Urban Cowboy wrote:Keep telling yourself that. At the end of the day I don't really care what you think. :biggrin:

Burn. But I’m sure all the other special snowflakes like you will find some way to deal with seeing women’s bare arms.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

JLives wrote:Why do people always go with the slippery slope argument? Women in the legislature can now show shoulders. Big deal? Women can still look very professional while showing off the tops of their arms. They're not likely to start showing up in bathing suits anytime soon, simmer down people.

OK. I'll accept bare shoulders on the gals but if Horgan, Weaver, or Dix show up in a tank top with a tie, I'll be lobbying for full burka for everyone.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “B.C.”