All things Horgan

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

All things Horgan

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Who is John Horgan, anyway? Let's start this thread off with a bang!

John Horgan walked into a bank to cash a cheque.

When he’s called over to the teller, he says, "Good morning, could you please cash this cheque for me?"

The teller replied, "It would be my pleasure sir. Could you please show me your ID?"

John Horgan said, "Truthfully, I didn’t bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I’m the leader of the Provincial NDP and Premier of the province!

The teller said, "Yes sir, I know who you are... but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors, forgers, and requirements of the legislation etc., I must insist on seeing ID."

Horgan said, “Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they’ll tell you. Everybody knows who I am."

The teller said, "I’m sorry, Mr Horgan, but these are the bank rules and I must follow them"

Getting a bit agitated, Horgan snapped, “C'mon woman, I’m urging you, please, to cash this cheque.."

The teller said, "Look Mr Horgan, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods, he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque.

"Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot we cashed his cheque. So, Mr Horgan, what can you do to prove that it is you, and only you?"

John Horgan stands there thinking, and thinking, and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank... there’s nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do... and I don't have a clue."

With a big smile, the teller said, "Will that be large or small notes, Premier Horgan?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
smoky500
Fledgling

Re: All things Horgan

Post by smoky500 »

Not to highjack this thread, but that story could be about JT too, especially when he starts to bully the teller [icon_lol2.gif]

On Global news this morning Horgan was on saying the gas price increases were not due to taxes. But he would not say that an oil pipeline would help reduce gas prices by increasing supply!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Three boys walk through the woods and suddenly hear cries for help.
They follow the sound to the lake and see John Horgan drowning.
The boys jump into the water and drag him to shore.
Horgan asks the boys how he can repay them.
The first boy says, "I want a boat."
The second boy says, "I want a truck."
The third boy says, "I want a nice tombstone."
Horgan asks, "Why is that?"
The boy says, "Because when my dad finds out I helped save you, he's going to kill me."
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Apr 17th, 2019, 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

VaughnPalmer

Verified account

@VaughnPalmer
9h9 hours ago
More
#bcpoli Horgan government scores another favourable report from rating agency. S&P expectation for BC: "Sound economic growth for next 2 years. Modest operating surpluses, modest increase in debt." Outlook: stable. Rating: AAA reaffirmed for province and BC Hydro.
Chill
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

John Horgan

Verified account

@jjhorgan
5h5 hours ago
More
When a young person turns 19, they still need support and to know that they are valued, which is why one of the first things we did in government was expand the tuition waiver program and supports for youth in care.
Chill
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

flamingfingers wrote:
John Horgan

Verified account

@jjhorgan
5h5 hours ago
More
When a young person turns 19, they still need support and to know that they are valued, which is why one of the first things we did in government was expand the tuition waiver program and supports for youth in care.

^^^ Classic nanny state thinking. Poor babies, here's free *bleep*.

Get a haircut, and get a real job!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

I hope all the idiots in the lower mainland are ready to have their gas cutoff. Horgan has to go along with that weasel backing him.

Alberta is going to make you pay for blocking the pipeline *bleep*.
2.00 a liter is around the corner.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

There’s a reason why the NDP cabinet had so much trouble over the past two weeks defending the discriminatory pay gap it is creating in the social-services sphere based on union membership.

It’s because it is indefensible.

Full Les Leyne column: https://www.timescolonist.com/opinion/c ... 1.23792327
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

The biggest and most media-ignored battle in the B.C. legislature so far this spring has been over the sudden revelation in March that the NDP’s $40 million “low wage redress” fund for community social services agencies is going to only half of them.

That would be the half where the employees are unionized.
Asked if there is “some plan for parity,” perhaps after three years, Horgan replied: “Absolutely. There is a disparity, and it wasn’t created by us, and it won’t be solved in one year.”

No one is arguing that these employees shouldn’t be paid more, but this statement is simply false. The “disparity” was created by this government, in March, intentionally and for a purpose they don’t want to talk about.

https://www.pentictonwesternnews.com/op ... checklist/
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

Horgan, I knew you were a low life thief when you continued charging M.S.P. premiums while simultaneously charging the new health tax.

But, you have hit a new low, buddy.

Upon reviewing what constitutes "wages" for the purposes of calculating the tax, this nugget pops up as being added to the wages calculation:

Employer-paid M.S.P. premiums.

So, your employer pays your M.S.P. premium, your employer pays the new health tax, and that new health tax is levied upon the value of the M.S.P. premium too!

Triple taxation, courtesy of the N.D.P.

Never thought I'd see it this bad.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rustled wrote:
The biggest and most media-ignored battle in the B.C. legislature so far this spring has been over the sudden revelation in March that the NDP’s $40 million “low wage redress” fund for community social services agencies is going to only half of them.

That would be the half where the employees are unionized.
Asked if there is “some plan for parity,” perhaps after three years, Horgan replied: “Absolutely. There is a disparity, and it wasn’t created by us, and it won’t be solved in one year.”

No one is arguing that these employees shouldn’t be paid more, but this statement is simply false. The “disparity” was created by this government, in March, intentionally and for a purpose they don’t want to talk about.

https://www.pentictonwesternnews.com/op ... checklist/

Just when you think the NDP can't suck any harder, they suck even harder. Dr. Weaver, do the right thing and bring down this disgusting and evil coalition once and for all.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

The NDP engaging in underhanded tactics to support/promote unionization, what a shocker. Not! :swear:

Just another example, of why these scumbags, should never be allowed anywhere near the government treasury.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Just more of the same from this government. Makes me so mad my fingers are just a burning … almost flaming :200: wait a sec … flaming fingers .. hummm interesting.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

[quote]B.C.'s John Horgan among Canada's most popular premiers, according to poll
With the backing of 52 per cent of B.C. residents, Horgan is the third most popular premier behind Quebec's François Legault and Saskatchewan's Scott Moe

SCOTT BROWN Updated: March 26, 2019

He is well into the second year of his NDP government’s mandate but John Horgan’s popularity among British Columbians doesn’t seem to be waning, according to a recent Angus Reid poll than ranks Canada’s most popular first ministers.

Horgan has earned the backing of 52 per cent of B.C. residents, making him the third most popular premier behind Quebec’s François Legault (60 per cent) and Saskatchewan’s Scott Moe (59 per cent).

According to Angus Reid, Horgan’s popularity has surged nine per cent since December ]buote]

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... ng-to-poll
Chill

Return to “B.C.”