All things Horgan

Veovis
Guru

Re: All things Horgan

Post by Veovis »

I find it funny that MLA's have a boss who is negotiating to solve a solution and their staff is behind them yelling **** you....go other team, eat **** boss.

And somehow are still just happily accepted employees. Good ole NDP. Talk out of both sides of the mouth.
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

What a stupid thing to do.

Last night, against the advice of security professionals, NDP Minister Scott Fraser brought radical agitators INTO the Legislature, who then refused to leave. What foolish and reckless judgement by Fraser. Illegal protests, blockades, propane tanks and open fires on the steps of B.C.’s Legislature for weeks now - it all needs to end, but it probably won’t anytime soon because while Premier John Horgan talks tough, his government continues to play footsie with radical agitators. It’s complete amateur hour in NDP land folks.

https://theprovince.com/news/local-news ... 6675b4c076
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

The Government has to start acting like a Government, by working to protect the interests of the Province as a whole, and stop pandering to radical minorities.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Almost spit my coffee out this morning when I saw Big Al pumping his chest about throwing some protesters out of the building. [icon_lol2.gif] He really thrives on this stuff. All he was missing was the other idiot (wait there are bunch of them) I mean Darryl Plecas. What a frigging gong show.
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

Not much truth coming from the mouths of N.D.P. politicians these days.

https://www.100milefreepress.net/news/p ... ory-letter
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Busy getting woke somewhere I suppose. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Well, that's settled. Cheque's in the mail.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/29 ... ee-to-deal
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Well, that's settled. Cheque's in the mail.

I’m thinking that both Horgan and Trudeau will be writing cheque’s. The article says the deal was reached between the FN’s, provincial and federal governments.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

That's generally been what appeases the First Nations groups, except that in this instance you have two groups who claim authority over the same land, and those two groups can't stand each other.

My guess is this pipeline episode is far from over.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Urban Cowboy wrote:

That's generally been what appeases the First Nations groups, except that in this instance you have two groups who claim authority over the same land, and those two groups can't stand each other.

My guess is this pipeline episode is far from over.

Evidently this isn’t over...

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... gJasJxu53t

“ Five elected councils of the Wet’suwet’en Nation who say they weren’t consulted about a land and title deal between hereditary chiefs and the federal government want the agreement withdrawn.

The leaders say they were only involved in one preliminary meeting with no proper consultation.

“They went over it really quick, none of us that attended the meeting we had chief and council up there, we had hereditary chiefs from our band and a few our elders,” said Robert Skin from the Tyee First Nation. “I think we were more confused after we left.”

The hereditary chiefs’ decision to sign the memorandum was announced Thursday in a joint statement they issued with the federal and provincial governments.

The five elected Wet’suwet’en councils have signed agreements with Coastal Gaslink, the company that is building the 670-kilometre natural gas pipeline through northern B.C. to Kitimat on the coast.

The Wet’suwet’en are governed by both a traditional hereditary chief system and elected band councils.”
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Norm Farrell, IN-SIGHTS.CA
@Norm_Farrell

"Thoughtful and careful approach" is Dr. Henry's description of British Columbia's response to #COVID19.

Remember when BC Liberals and media pals portrayed Premier Horgan as "Angry John"?

They're angry now that he's leaving them nothing to complain about.

#bcpoli
Chill
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

flamingfingers wrote:
Norm Farrell, IN-SIGHTS.CA
@Norm_Farrell

"Thoughtful and careful approach" is Dr. Henry's description of British Columbia's response to #COVID19.

Remember when BC Liberals and media pals portrayed Premier Horgan as "Angry John"?

They're angry now that he's leaving them nothing to complain about.

#bcpoli

removed This is a time to work together, I'll save my vote for the next election thanks
Last edited by Catsumi on May 6th, 2020, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Oh there's always something to complain about.

Most recent I would say is his plan to reopen BC which apparently, at least according to one sector, demonstrates another example of the NDP failing to plan properly.

I'm referring to the barbers and hair stylists who according to John should be back around mid month, yet no one in that industry has any clue as to what the requirements to reopen will be, and none has been contacted by government, which seems to make it another case of putting the cart before the horse.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Urban Cowboy wrote:Oh there's always something to complain about.

Most recent I would say is his plan to reopen BC which apparently, at least according to one sector, demonstrates another example of the NDP failing to plan properly.

I'm referring to the barbers and hair stylists who according to John should be back around mid month, yet no one in that industry has any clue as to what the requirements to reopen will be, and none has been contacted by government, which seems to make it another case of putting the cart before the horse.

I'm gonna disagree on this one and point the finger at the businesses themselves. I was reading an article yesterday about a hair salon thats complaining that they don't know what to expect and they're not ready and don't want to open, yet the day before, there was another article about a different salon who was ready, had various measures in place and is ready to go.

The thing is, you know your business will reopen, you know there will be measures in place, get ready, it's not that difficult. All you have to do is look at business that remained open and observe what they've been doing:

- Only so many customers in the store at once = only allow customers in when they're actually getting their hair cut.
- Physical distancing = close off every second chair.
- Wear masks/gloves.
- Pay and get out.

It's not rocket science, you don't need a Government blueprint for this. Chances are, measures like that are already above what they'll require. Plans for reopening with safety measures in place should have been worked on the very day the business closed.

Return to “B.C.”