All things Horgan

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: All things Horgan

Post by Catsumi »

CBC radio news this morning said that the 60 huge containers of trash that have been fermenting in the Manila heat now will sail to Vancouver in later June.

Authority in garbage disposal said it would take two days to sort through trash prior to incineration. That is fast and efficient, imo. Also said total bill estimated to be $375,000 which Horgan may have to extract from the Feds.

Only fly in the ointment now is a strike looming at Vancouver port.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

Catsumi wrote:CBC radio news this morning said that the 60 huge containers of trash that have been fermenting in the Manila heat now will sail to Vancouver in later June.

Authority in garbage disposal said it would take two days to sort through trash prior to incineration. That is fast and efficient, imo. Also said total bill estimated to be $375,000 which Horgan may have to extract from the Feds.

Only fly in the ointment now is a strike looming at Vancouver port.

this is an illustration that highlights the fact that north america and canada cant ship our garbage and forget. the countries we used to treat like garbage that we sent our waste to - dont want half of it anymore. so now we have a million exceptions for what used to be recyclable.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

southy wrote:Huh? :200: Has the NDP/G come out with a stronger Goofy juice? My God, I can't even begin to respond to this.

thats the problem with truth. it stymies amateurs who drink the flavor of the supposed "majority" kool aid who live the fort mac starter pack of lift trucks and oakley glasses. and who only ever vote conservative because their family lamented any government other than a conservative one around a forest fire starting campfire.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

burnedatstake wrote:
thats the problem with truth. it stymies amateurs who drink the flavor of the supposed "majority" kool aid who live the fort mac starter pack of lift trucks and oakley glasses. and who only ever vote conservative because their family lamented any government other than a conservative one around a forest fire starting campfire.

Absolute gibberish, and can't figure out what you are talking about either
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I like Rachel Notley's comment about John Horgan's toolbox. She says that it turned about to be Fisher Price and not DeWalt. Very true! And yet he blusters on . . .
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

southy wrote:
burnedatstake wrote:Deleted of BS.

Huh? :200: Has the NDP/G come out with a stronger Goofy juice? My God, I can't even begin to respond to this.

That is the point. Those CTs can't dazzle them with brilliance, so they spam these boards with BS.

When in doubt, just look in the Conspiracy Theories forum for evidence.
Bring back the LIKE button.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

Urbane wrote:I like Rachel Notley's comment about John Horgan's toolbox. She says that it turned about to be Fisher Price and not DeWalt. Very true! And yet he blusters on . . .

it has as much validity as the carbon tax lawsuits in the courts at the moment. at least horgans will bring transparency to what the role of the oil companies, the federal government, the provincial governments, the native territories will have in the event of a spill. those clarifications will be worth their weight in gold. and will all go a long way in clarifying what will happen in the event of a spill in our pristine waterways. whereas the carbon tax challenges are nothing but hot air and sour grapes.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

burnedatstake wrote:
it has as much validity as the carbon tax lawsuits in the courts at the moment. at least horgans will bring transparency to what the role of the oil companies, the federal government, the provincial governments, the native territories will have in the event of a spill. those clarifications will be worth their weight in gold. and will all go a long way in clarifying what will happen in the event of a spill in our pristine waterways. whereas the carbon tax challenges are nothing but hot air and sour grapes.

You are right. The carbon tax challenges will fail. And they will fail for the same reason that Horgan failed to control what material flows through a interprovincial pipeline. Sucks for you eh?
The pipeline will be built and I suspect the Federal carbon tax will be gone in a year as well once the drama school teacher gets punted out of office. Big win win for Canada..........the contributors of 1.6% of total world output of carbon!!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

burnedatstake wrote:

You mean our pristine waterways that railcars and trucks full of oil keep ending up in ? Try to get your head around the fact that oil will move no matter what, we need to move it as safely as possible, that means pipelines. it's a no brainer ! Perhaps that's why you don't get it.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

burnedatstake wrote:thats the problem with truth. it stymies amateurs who drink the flavor of the supposed "majority" kool aid who live the fort mac starter pack of lift trucks and oakley glasses. and who only ever vote conservative because their family lamented any government other than a conservative one around a forest fire starting campfire.

We got our Oakley's and you got your drum circles. Sounds fair to me :up:
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

twobits wrote:You are right. The carbon tax challenges will fail. And they will fail for the same reason that Horgan failed to control what material flows through a interprovincial pipeline. Sucks for you eh?

that doesnt suck at all for any of us. there will be crystal clarity of the roles and obligations of all the parties involved with higher volumes of garbage infused dirty oil in pipelines and vessels. so win - win. and the carbon taxes are a revenue stream that the premiers of provinces have been asking ottawa for - for 40 years. so that is good for the provinces. more monies to pay for the inflation we have had all this time and crumbling infrastructure.

The pipeline will be built and I suspect the Federal carbon tax will be gone in a year as well once the drama school teacher gets punted out of office. Big win win for Canada..........the contributors of 1.6% of total world output of carbon!

i wouldnt be so sure about the carbon tax going anywhere. and i wouldnt be so sure trudeau is going anywhere. scheer is shady and people are not sure about him. you right wingers gobble him up. but the fence sitters are not so easily convinced. they have a healthy amount of cynicism and will recognize that trudeau is the lesser of 2 evils. things have been comfortable under trudeau and have seen the austerity mantra that ford is implementing in ontario. if people go back to austerity then they are crazy.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Eby should have kept his day job.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

burnedatstake wrote: but the fence sitters are not so easily convinced. they have a healthy amount of cynicism and will recognize that trudeau is the lesser of 2 evils.

The drama teacher is the lesser of two evils?? Heck, if I put my dog into the race he would be second......and ahead of Trudeau. He might not be quite as smart as Trudeau but he is far better looking so he automatically steals 30% of Trudeau's support base of informed voters.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

burnedatstake wrote:

mikest2 wrote:Absolute gibberish, and can't figure out what you are talking about either

It's called a "temper tantrum".
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

burnedatstake wrote:what i find most sickening is the myopic stupidity of one track minded lemmings who rail against the best interests of this province and the people who live here. and whats even more absurd is the claims of being a "majority" in regards to these complex issues. simply because its all about money. and phantom jobs. every single british columbian should have concerns about a catastrophic event like an oil spill. if they dont - then they should pack up and move to alberta or saskachewan. as such the "majority" do have a stake in the environmental implications of this issue and care about it. i could care less about big oil moving product or kenny and his government crying like a 2 year old about it.

horgan was very honest in saying he grew up in a coastal area - and as such is concerned for the beauty and health of our waterways in regards to toxic bitumen's. what is the crime in that? nothing. meanwhile albertans say they are standing up for their interests - and we have people here in BC applauding that like turncoats. why then are many of these same british columbians villainizing citizens and governments and indigenous bands who are doing the very same thing for where they live here in bc? are those people (from BC) that cheer albertan rights (while spitting on their own province) that obtuse? or is it just stupidity?

horgan made it clear that these legal wranglings between the provinces are nothing new. he also made it clear that legal resolutions and wranglings between ottawa and the provinces is nothing new. there was a ruling that was just made in bc supreme court. and there is another level or step in this process going to ottawa. in the next step there will be additions and subtractions and arguments presented that will go to the supreme court of canada. in the end this makes all of us winners. because the whole process will create dialogue and a ton of fine print in regards to these issues. horgan explained that the feds lost in court about pipelines - and the neb had to go back to the drawing board and properly consult and listen to the concerns or many of the lower mainland bands. this is a good thing.

in all of these legal processes and procedures - there will be many obligations and fine print that alberta and the federal government will have to finally acquiesce to - which is all that horgan and the government of BC has wanted from the start. even when the liberals were in power we had conditions. this is absolutely no different than certain provinces challenging the federal carbon tax in court. at the end of the day the provinces are challenging jurisdiction and what powers and obligations should fall. and because of this process that is a good thing for every citizen of canada. its a good thing that yahoos cant just steamroll what they think overnight without a fight. that is what our democracy is all about.

i look forward to the stipulations and legal ramifications being less vague in regards to albertas and the feds obligations to BC in the possible catastrophic event. i also look forward to it being less vague how much obligation shipping companies will have in case of an event in bc waterways. just because a pipeline company and alberta want to move product through bc - doesnt mean that we in bc should have to stand back and accept the big steaming pile of *bleep* that we end up with in the event of a spill. that isnt logical at all. and it isnt good for any of us proud enough to live in bc. our slogan is "beautiful british columbia". and i for one want to cherish that and keep that. not let people *bleep* all over this beautiful place. and if you dont agree with that then move away. because the turncoats obviously have no idea what it is they are willing to squander for an almighty buck.

Good grief Chicken Little. The TMX and tanker regime as organized by the federal Liberals is safe. You had best not step out your front door - you might get hit with lightning on a clear sunny day.

We are ALL Canadians. IF you choose to be a myopic parochial nimby like the 5 watt bulb Horgan and the village idiot Heyman (who consorts with anarchists and was paid by Tides for years), then go right ahead, but we Canadians recognize the value of the TMX, the value of LNG, the value of site C - all the things the twisted little islander mentality can not grasp.

We are Canadians first. Get that through you head. IF you don't like being Canadian, it is a short trip to Omak - but they probably woldn't let you in.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “B.C.”