Shocking scene at pig farm

lum12

Shocking scene at pig farm

Post by lum12 »

Pork unbelievably cheap these days and here is why - inhumane farms raising animals in filthy, disgusting and cruel conditions. Hard to imagine anyone would want to consume such distressed and sick animals. I am grateful to the folks who exposed this place so we can all see how our food is produced and then make choices about what we eat.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#254603
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Shocking scene at pig farm

Post by Fancy »

Castanet has posted stories before about animal abuse on farms. Not all are like that and those that are need to be held accountable.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

lum12 wrote:Pork unbelievably cheap these days and here is why

No, thats not why. Pork prices have been falling steadily for the last couple of years due to various tariffs and the resulting higher than normal volume of animals.
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

I can’t read the article or look at the pictures I get too upset. I can no longer take hearing animal or child abuse stories—I have to limit exposure to those news stories these days. It is deplorable how we treat animals as a society. It sickens me literally. I am gutted every time I learn about another case. We need tougher sanctions. People need to be exposed publicly and I don’t care if they get harassed they deserve it. Too often they won’t even publish the abusers name. Yesterday I read a woman threw a bag of new born puppies in a dumpster. I didn’t want to read it but it came up on my news feed I am still upset about it. How sick is that. What a horrible human being to do that. I am glad CN at least has a warning ‘graphic’ so I can avoid these tragic and gut-wrenching abuse stories. :cry:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I was born & raised on a farm (dairy farm), we treated our animals very well. The more relaxed & less stressed the cows are milk production stayed at higher levels.

This impo is totally disgusting & gives whole industry a black eye
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

A pair of surveillance cameras were recently found surreptitiously installed at an Abbotsford pig farm, police say. The cameras were discovered in late March recording inside and outside of a barn at the family owned farm, in the 33100-block of Harris Road, said Judy Bird, an Abbotsford police spokeswoman.

“The concern for the family was that they would be recording children, but I don’t believe that that was the purpose of these cameras,” Bird said.

The footage began March 15, according to a time stamp, and the cameras primarily captured pigs, Bird said.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... en-cameras
So the time stamp says March yet the Castanet article mentions February. So do the people that planted the cameras get charged or have they fessed up they broke into the place?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

I dont know..I enjoyed my Bacon and Eggs today...

To me..somehting is off on this story...a set up?

well im out...going for seconds.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Symbonite wrote:I dont know..I enjoyed my Bacon and Eggs today...

:200: :200: :200: :200:

I'm calling PETA.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

People Eating Tasty Animals ? I'm in

This whole ' humane and humanization thing is getting carried away imo. I doubt the pigs are complaining.
Be it chickens or pigs or salmon, they are all raised for slaughter and the kitchen table for us Humans to enjoy.
The Creator set things up right when he put Humans at the top of the chain
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

Brushy Bill wrote:People Eating Tasty Animals ? I'm in

This whole ' humane and humanization thing is getting carried away imo. I doubt the pigs are complaining.
Be it chickens or pigs or salmon, they are all raised for slaughter and the kitchen table for us Humans to enjoy.
The Creator set things up right when he put Humans at the top of the chain

You're an idiot.
OllyV
Board Meister

Post by OllyV »

Temet Nosce wrote:I can’t read the article or look at the pictures I get too upset. I can no longer take hearing animal or child abuse stories—I have to limit exposure to those news stories these days. It is deplorable how we treat animals as a society. It sickens me literally. I am gutted every time I learn about another case. We need tougher sanctions. People need to be exposed publicly and I don’t care if they get harassed they deserve it. Too often they won’t even publish the abusers name. Yesterday I read a woman threw a bag of new born puppies in a dumpster. I didn’t want to read it but it came up on my news feed I am still upset about it. How sick is that. What a horrible human being to do that. I am glad CN at least has a warning ‘graphic’ so I can avoid these tragic and gut-wrenching abuse stories. :cry:

Do you consume animal products?

If yes then the least you can do is watch how they are treated on the way to your table. The animals deserve that much respect at the very least.

If no, good for you. :up:

This isn't an anomaly. People need to watch the documentaries Lucent (about hog faming) or even better yet Dominion (about all animal agriculture).

This is common practice. It needs to be in order to meet the demand. Once you are fully informed, you can make an educated decision as to whether or not we should continue these practices or at least if you want to continue being a part it.

But burying our heads in the sand doesn't make it go away. It just makes us uninformed. I know it's hard to see but it is important that we know how the animals we process and consume are treated. Their lives are filled with fear, torture and abuse from birth to death. It's just a fact. The science isn't out on this one. The information is there you/we just need the courage to face it.

This plant owner in this case is on the board of directors for the hog association. Do you really think he didn't know better? This is common practice and everyone needs to know it.
Last edited by OllyV on Apr 25th, 2019, 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd like to thank God for making me an atheist.
OllyV
Board Meister

Post by OllyV »

Fancy wrote:
A pair of surveillance cameras were recently found surreptitiously installed at an Abbotsford pig farm, police say. The cameras were discovered in late March recording inside and outside of a barn at the family owned farm, in the 33100-block of Harris Road, said Judy Bird, an Abbotsford police spokeswoman.

“The concern for the family was that they would be recording children, but I don’t believe that that was the purpose of these cameras,” Bird said.

The footage began March 15, according to a time stamp, and the cameras primarily captured pigs, Bird said.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... en-cameras
So the time stamp says March yet the Castanet article mentions February. So do the people that planted the cameras get charged or have they fessed up they broke into the place?

Did they break in? It's only suspected at this point. As the article mentions, many of these activists take jobs in the facilities in order to expose their practices.

Even if they did break in does exposing atrocities to the public override breaking and entering? Isn't it more important that we know these animals are being tortured for our pleasure?

Should the people who liberate victims of kidnap or abuse be charged with trespassing if they go on private property to do it?

It's funny how the farmers are deflecting attention away from the abhorrent cruelty they were caught committing by crying about how they were caught. It's a "biosecurity" risk but leaving animals to rot in the pens isn't? Leaving animals with open wounds and massive abscesses isn't? Then we are fed those sick animals.

We should be thanking these people for bringing this to our attention. Knowledge is power.

Vile, cruel people.
Last edited by OllyV on Apr 25th, 2019, 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
OllyV
Board Meister

Post by OllyV »

Symbonite wrote:I dont know..I enjoyed my Bacon and Eggs today...

Watch Lucent on YouTube.

This isn't a set up. It's common practice and that's only the tip of the cruelty iceberg in the hog industry.
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

OllyV wrote:
Do you consume animal products?

If yes then the least you can do is watch how they are treated on the way to your table. The animals deserve that much respect at the very least.

If no, good for you. :up:

This isn't an anomaly. People need to watch the documentaries Lucent (about hog faming) or even better yet Dominion (about all animal agriculture).

This is common practice. It needs to be in order to meet the demand. Once you are fully informed, you can make an educated decision as to whether or not we should continue these practices or at least if you want to continue being a part it.

But burying our heads in the sand doesn't make it go away. It just makes us uninformed. I know it's hard to see but it is important that we know how the animals we process and consume are treated. Their lives are filled with fear, torture and abuse from birth to death. It's just a fact. The science isn't out on this one. The information is there you/we just need the courage to face it.

This plant owner in this case is on the board of directors for the hog association. Do you really think he didn't know better? This is common practice and everyone needs to know it.

You make good points and I of course want these horrendous acts exposed, however, sometimes I need a break from it and other horrible news. As a consumer, I do research (as much as possible) and try to ensure my purchase decisions are with companies that are consistent with my values and the humane treatment of animals.
OllyV
Board Meister

Post by OllyV »

Temet Nosce wrote:You make good points and I of course want these horrendous acts exposed, however, sometimes I need a break from it and other horrible news. As a consumer, I do research (as much as possible) and try to ensure my purchase decisions are with companies that are consistent with my values and the humane treatment of animals.

I get that. I only watched Dominion once but it changed my life. And I used to be a hog, cattle and poultry farmer.

I don't think I could ever watch it again. I haven't met anyone yet who could watch it. It's unflinching.

Return to “B.C.”