Shocking scene at pig farm

twobits
Guru

Re: Shocking scene at pig farm

Post by twobits »

IMO, there is nothing wrong with eating ethically raised and slaughtered meat protein. This PETA media stunt was lame. I respect all peoples choices in what they consume including vegans. I do not however appreciate or accept someone telling me what I can or cannot eat. When vegan friends visit my home, I am happy to accomodate. When I visit their homes, they reciprocate in providing for my diet. Mutual respect without the need to preach.
Truth be told.....I eat a lot less meat protein now than I did in the past, but if the good lord ever did speak to me and say that if I quit eating bacon, I would live an extra three months.......I think I would take the three month penalty. Step away from my bacon!!!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
OllyV
Board Meister

Post by OllyV »

twobits wrote:IMO, there is nothing wrong with eating ethically raised and slaughtered meat protein. ,

Where would you find that?

Examples and links please.
I'd like to thank God for making me an atheist.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

twobits wrote:IMO, there is nothing wrong with eating ethically raised and slaughtered meat protein.
i have had the opportunity of eating same.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

OllyV wrote:
Where would you find that?

There are programs specifically designed to identify such farms and the meat products, such as AWA.
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

OllyV wrote:
Fancy wrote:A pair of surveillance cameras were recently found surreptitiously installed at an Abbotsford pig farm, police say. The cameras were discovered in late March recording inside and outside of a barn at the family owned farm, in the 33100-block of Harris Road, said Judy Bird, an Abbotsford police spokeswoman.

“The concern for the family was that they would be recording children, but I don’t believe that that was the purpose of these cameras,” Bird said.

The footage began March 15, according to a time stamp, and the cameras primarily captured pigs, Bird said.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... en-cameras
So the time stamp says March yet the Castanet article mentions February. So do the people that planted the cameras get charged or have they fessed up they broke into the place?

Did they break in? It's only suspected at this point. As the article mentions, many of these activists take jobs in the facilities in order to expose their practices.

Even if they did break in does exposing atrocities to the public override breaking and entering? Isn't it more important that we know these animals are being tortured for our pleasure?

Should the people who liberate victims of kidnap or abuse be charged with trespassing if they go on private property to do it?

It's funny how the farmers are deflecting attention away from the abhorrent cruelty they were caught committing by crying about how they were caught. It's a "biosecurity" risk but leaving animals to rot in the pens isn't? Leaving animals with open wounds and massive abscesses isn't? Then we are fed those sick animals.

We should be thanking these people for bringing this to our attention. Knowledge is power.

Vile, cruel people.

Umm you do realize people get off of murder charges for numerous reasons including violating the alleged perpetrators rights, unlawful collection of evidence, or simply as not reading them their miranda rights during the arrest. If the COPS cant go collecting evidence all willy nilly then these people shouldnt be allowed to either.

I dont support the mistreatment of any animal and with growing up on a cattle/pork farm myself in the middle of countless other farms up north, I can honestly say this is not the norm. Unfortunately if the evidence was collected via a criminal act then the case should be thrown out and a stern warning sent to both parties.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Fancy wrote:Tattoo?
That doesn’t make sense either. I wonder if the pigs are tattooed.

yes, they would be.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Well, wouldn't it be a better idea if those wanting to record such atrocities (and I'm not saying there were) that they get photos of tattoos for identification purposes? Surely they can figure out how to flip an ear and get a photo without getting mauled. Wouldn't try catching one (tried that myself) and they do squeal like a pig so have to be careful of the noise factor. Meh - just mulling a point or two.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

^^^^^^^^^^^ Catching a pig is far easier than holding on to one. This too, I know from first hand experience. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
Bring back the LIKE button.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

OllyV wrote:Where would you find that?

That is pointless as you have made it clear that you believe their is no need to eat animal protein and by corollary, there is no possible ethical way to raise and slaughter an animal for human consumption. The discussion would be as fruitful as a Catholic trying to convert a Buddhist or Muslim.....or vise versa.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
OllyV
Board Meister

Post by OllyV »

twobits wrote:
OllyV wrote:Where would you find that?

That is pointless as you have made it clear that you believe their is no need to eat animal protein and by corollary, there is no possible ethical way to raise and slaughter an animal for human consumption. The discussion would be as fruitful as a Catholic trying to convert a Buddhist or Muslim.....or vise versa.

So.... is that a no then?
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

OllyV wrote:So.... is that a no then?

Your answer was given 6 posts above.
OllyV
Board Meister

Post by OllyV »

OKkayak wrote:
OllyV wrote:So.... is that a no then?

Your answer was given 6 posts above.

Sorry. At the end of your AWA approved production cycle all animals are still fed into the corporate slaughter machine.

If you know anything about what happens then, you'll know why "free range" means very little to eliminating cruelty.

Their other certifications mean very little as well.
For example "Certified Grass Fed" only means that the animal, while marginally healthier to consume, produce 4x the GHG emissions of their grain fed counterparts without 4x the nutritional benefit to the consumer. Then the animal still heads off to the slaughtering process.

The AWA, while attempting to improve the animals lives up to the slaughter house, really amounts to little more than green washing so consumers can pat themselves on the back while still upholding and endorsing intense animal cruelty.

They do not improve the impact animal agriculture has on the environment, they do not significantly mitigate the negative health impact on the consumers and they do not significantly mitigate the cruelty inherent the process of producing 60 billion land animals a year for slaughter.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

OllyV wrote:Sorry. At the end of your AWA approved production cycle all animals are still fed into the corporate slaughter machine.

If you know anything about what happens then, you'll know why "free range" means very little to eliminating cruelty.

Yup. Twobits was right. Like a Catholic trying to convert a Buddhist. Praise the Lord!
OllyV
Board Meister

Post by OllyV »

OKkayak wrote:
OllyV wrote:Sorry. At the end of your AWA approved production cycle all animals are still fed into the corporate slaughter machine.

Yup. Twobits was right. Like a Catholic trying to convert a Buddhist. Praise the Lord!

That's an interesting choice there.

One is religion/belief system that is filled with corruption, greed, cruelty and has covered up systemic child abuse and rape for decades. The other encourages people to treat other beings as they would like to be treated and do no harm as they live out their lives.

Seems like a fair analogy. :up:
Last edited by OllyV on May 2nd, 2019, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

OllyV wrote:
That's an interesting choice there.

One is religion/belief system that is filled with corruption, greed, cruelty and has covered up child systemic child abuse and rape for decades. The other encourages people to treat other beings as they would like to be treated and do no harm as they live out their lives.

Seems like a fair analogy. :up:

Your high horse is gettin’ taller with each post [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “B.C.”