Another truck loses load....

jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Another truck loses load....

Post by jimmy4321 »

When I regularly drove from Calgary into the valley I found they'd drive like maniacs from Banff through Sicamous regardless of conditions, aggressive not only onto 4wheelers but other truckers.
Amazed there's not more crashes.

I don't think this is about skills as clearly they are capable of pushing the limits "most" of the time in any condition, it's more about a *bleep* attitude.
We see this same attitude from regular passenger vehicle drivers, between the two it can be dangerous for sure.
Last edited by jimmy4321 on May 8th, 2019, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Did just read someone's post on Facebook that they could smell and see smoke coming from the semi and suggested mechanical failure.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Title of the thread is misleading it should be "Transport truck loses a load of lumber". Logging truck hauls raw logs.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Is this not under the "BC" heading? Does that not mean anywhere in BC not necessarily near Kelowna or even the Okanagan?

It also seems to me we have a lot of semi accidents and need much better training. I believe the biggest problem is probably attitude and that goes for all types of drivers. All the training in the world cannot change a person's attitude.

We will have to wait and see if they can determine a cause in this case. Trying to make a judgement on the information we have is impossible.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Smurf wrote:Is this not under the "BC" heading? Does that not mean anywhere in BC not necessarily near Kelowna or even the Okanagan?

It also seems to me we have a lot of semi accidents and need much better training. I believe the biggest problem is probably attitude and that goes for all types of drivers. All the training in the world cannot change a person's attitude.

We will have to wait and see if they can determine a cause in this case. Trying to make a judgement on the information we have is impossible.

It was under "Kelowna" heading and has been moved and renamed.

There is no information except there was smoke coming from it according to witnesses and other vehicles were involved.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Fancy wrote:How do you figure the semi was at fault? It was a multi-vehicle accident.

...I was last poster so if you are asking me, I didn't mean to infer I thought the semi was at fault.

I'm guessing my comment that I am for more training etc could be inferred as me saying the truck was to blame, but it was just a blanket statement in general referring to the accidents that have been happening involving semis and why I posted it on the Central Okanagan forum.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Fancy wrote:

It was under "Kelowna" heading and has been moved and renamed.

There is no information except there was smoke coming from it according to witnesses and other vehicles were involved.

Sorry I didn't realize it had been moved. Came late to the party.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Vast majority of crashes & collisions are usually human error, tricky part is figuring out who's action or lack of... cause it.
This is were measurements & physics come into play.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

alanjh595 wrote:What difference does it make as to where it happened?

The ONLY thing that matters is THAT it happened.

The accident Investigation team will determine why and how. They are the experts, we are not.

Bite your tongue, the Castamensas train the experts.
Black Dogs Matter
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

dogspoiler wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:What difference does it make as to where it happened?

The ONLY thing that matters is THAT it happened.

The accident Investigation team will determine why and how. They are the experts, we are not.

Bite your tongue, the Castamensas train the experts.

UUUhhhmmmm------ [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] YES, all the while sitting in their armchair and no practical intelligence in the field. :up: :130: :biggrin:
Bring back the LIKE button.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I was thinking to myself and started laughing about the days when I drove a 5 ton milk truck, delivery, country route. Sometimes a highway semi. It didn't take me long to learn you drove properly, no fast stops, corners or anything because it was a terrible job washing out all that milk. Maybe a lot of drivers need that experience. A container of something really, really nasty in their vehicle.

Return to “B.C.”