Castanet article" No need for campires"

Re: Castanet article" No need for campires"

Postby Brushy Bill » Jun 26th, 2019, 8:40 am

oldtrucker wrote:It doesn't matter what time period a person was born and lived....they will be instinctively drawn to it. Fire is part of the human condition. It is part of our DNA. I call it " Cable 1 million BC". Ever noticed how everyone near or around a fire is mesmerized by it- everyone. We have been doing it for well over a million years.... well before we were even human. It's a part of what and who we are.
The most meaningful conversations happen around a fire...especially when out of cell coverage.
Yupp, we call it Caveman TV.
But I am older also, times have changed , and yoots are in the wilderness for different reasons than peace and quiet.
And then at the end of the party are in a rush to get back to cell service for a fb update
Brushy Bill
Fledgling

Liked in: 93 posts

Postby LTD » Jun 26th, 2019, 8:43 pm

mexi cali wrote:
so it started by the side of the road so it must have been a careless idiot with a cigarette, couldn't have been from a chain dragging on a truck or a spark from the exhaust or brakes or a piece of glass or a lightening strike and so on. you see someone throwing out a cigarette has absolutely nothing to do with a campfire unfortunately the only thing lost nowadays is peoples ability to think rationally

Of course it could have been caused by any of the things you mention, except for lightning because there wasn't any that day. As for the rest? Sure but the likelihood that it was caused by a tossed butt is much higher than the rest.

actually you would be incorrect do some research
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3816 posts

Postby 69cutlass » Jun 26th, 2019, 9:52 pm

Is it any wonder that most of the people calling for a campfire ban dont use the outdoors. Just like those calling for for less gas powered cars and they only ride the bus????

Country plough boy likes this post.
69cutlass
Fledgling

Liked in: 315 posts

Postby Country plough boy » Jul 1st, 2019, 10:11 am

69cutlass wrote:Is it any wonder that most of the people calling for a campfire ban dont use the outdoors. Just like those calling for for less gas powered cars and they only ride the bus????

Same people cant load a shotgun. Fear gun violence
Country plough boy
Übergod

Liked in: 891 posts

Postby Symbonite » Jul 2nd, 2019, 8:11 am

Im in the No campfires...sorry should be none from June 21 to September 21.

I saw one poster saying that forest fires is what keeps the actual forest in check. your right...Lightning is a Natural starter....Human made campfires are not.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 978 posts

Postby Palliser » Jul 2nd, 2019, 2:37 pm

oldtrucker wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/259368/No-need-for-campfires

City people.
Only a city person that has never spent any time in the bush other than 'glamping' would write a article such as this.
Or, am I wrong-has our society become so disconnected to nature and the outdoors that people have lost the simple ability to control fire?

Sorry...when so much is at risk and a propane fire is so easy as an alternative, i dont see this as an unreasonable idea.
Palliser
Fledgling

Liked in: 40 posts

Postby LTD » Jul 2nd, 2019, 2:45 pm

Symbonite wrote:Im in the No campfires...sorry should be none from June 21 to September 21.

I saw one poster saying that forest fires is what keeps the actual forest in check. your right...Lightning is a Natural starter....Human made campfires are not.

how do you think people cooked a thousand years ago? just because some of you are to incompetent to have a camp fire doesn't mean the rest of us aren't I have a camp fire burning as we speak in my yard, and will have one pretty much every night all summer long
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3816 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Jul 15th, 2019, 10:34 pm

No worry this year so far about idiots lighting the forest on fire. It's so wet out there you couldn't light it up with a nuclear weapon.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1393 posts

Previous

Return to B.C.