In the world of NDP

Mike Br.
Generalissimo Postalot

In the world of NDP

Post by Mike Br. »

Interesting read ...
https://vancouversun.com/opinion/column ... ces-in-b-c

VICTORIA — When the New Democrats directed the B.C. Utilities Commission to inquire into high gasoline prices, they put the exercise on a short leash to ensure there would be no blowback on themselves.

The commission may not inquire into the effects of provincial enactments or policy on gasoline and diesel prices in B.C.,” read the May 21 cabinet order restricting the inquiry.

It goes to tell, just how crooked a government could possibly be. Enjoy!
I mince no words. Spare me political correctness and platitudes!
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: In the world of NDP

Post by Urban Cowboy »

I don't know why they insist on continually giving us new examples of stupidity, when we're already convinced, and don't require them.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

Mike Br. wrote:Interesting read ...
https://vancouversun.com/opinion/column ... ces-in-b-c

VICTORIA — When the New Democrats directed the B.C. Utilities Commission to inquire into high gasoline prices, they put the exercise on a short leash to ensure there would be no blowback on themselves.

The commission may not inquire into the effects of provincial enactments or policy on gasoline and diesel prices in B.C.,” read the May 21 cabinet order restricting the inquiry.

It goes to tell, just how crooked a government could possibly be. Enjoy!

The best way to plan for the future is to look to the past. Find out what historic levels of price difference were and see what has happened since.

BTW, that is just an opinion piece. No different than what you read here
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

butcher99 wrote:
The best way to plan for the future is to look to the past. Find out what historic levels of price difference were and see what has happened since.

BTW, that is just an opinion piece. No different than what you read here

Yup blinders on, look to the past, NDP good, everyone else bad. Next murder trail let's make sure we don't allow admission of any evidence for the defendant.
I know I can be stupid sometimes, but it never mates up with blindness.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^ Oh, really?
Chill
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

butcher99 wrote:BTW, that is just an opinion piece. No different than what you read here

Need to bookmark that quote. That'll be really useful
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

mikest2 wrote:
Yup blinders on, look to the past, NDP good, everyone else bad. Next murder trail let's make sure we don't allow admission of any evidence for the defendant.

'Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.

What does a murder trial have to do with looking at past to find out what was happening. Since it actually happened in the past and you don't want to repeat it in the future, to me that would be the place to look first.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

mikest2 wrote:Yup blinders on, look to the past, NDP good, everyone else bad. Next murder trail let's make sure we don't allow admission of any evidence for the defendant.

butcher99 wrote: 'Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.

Just as the NDP are currently demonstrating. [icon_lol2.gif]

They've also done a smashing job of demonstrating insanity, by doing the same things over and over again, expecting a different outcome. :smt045
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

Urban Cowboy wrote:
mikest2 wrote:Yup blinders on, look to the past, NDP good, everyone else bad. Next murder trail let's make sure we don't allow admission of any evidence for the defendant.

butcher99 wrote: 'Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.

OK, I will bite? What have they done that is the same? Again, if you don't mind me repeating myself, GDP growth is the best in Canada. Unemployment is the lowest of all the provinces. Financial investment in BC is up, not down. If they are repeating past errors maybe it was the times, and not the policies that were the problem. We are in a period of economic slowdown yet BC appears to be weathering the storm just fine.

Just as the NDP are currently demonstrating. [icon_lol2.gif]

They've also done a smashing job of demonstrating insanity, by doing the same things over and over again, expecting a different outcome. :smt045

Which indicator do you have in mind that shows just how poorly the NDP are managing things?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Tax us to death and spend like there's no tomorrow, same as the NDP always do butcher99.

They did the same in the 90's and are back at it again. BTW don't forget their tenure isn't over, unfortunately, so I tend to feel your optimism may yet well prove to be misplaced. I feel BC is hanging in there despite the NDP, not thanks to anything they've done.

Face it Horgan is responsible for adding direct costs to gasoline, then turns around and wonders why gasoline costs so much in BC. :200: You simply can't make this stuff up.
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

Urban Cowboy wrote:Tax us to death and spend like there's no tomorrow, same as the NDP always do butcher99.

They did the same in the 90's and are back at it again. BTW don't forget their tenure isn't over, unfortunately, so I tend to feel your optimism may yet well prove to be misplaced. I feel BC is hanging in there despite the NDP, not thanks to anything they've done.

Face it Horgan is responsible for adding direct costs to gasoline, then turns around and wonders why gasoline costs so much in BC. :200: You simply can't make this stuff up.

Tax you to death? Your carbon taxes went up 1.1 cents per liter for gasoline. That is all your taxes went up. Unless of course you are making more than $150,000 a year. And even that was a measly 2.1% only on the money you make over $150,000. So if you are making $250,000 a year you now pay $16,800 on that money over $150,000 instead of $14,700. However I doubt very much you are making a quarter million a year. If you are, an extra $2000 in taxes certainly is not "taxing you to death"
For you the increased carbon taxes are more than offset by you not having to pay MSP premiums.
The majority of BC households actually saw a total tax reduction.
https://www.straight.com/news/1218851/t ... tre-policy

These are the new taxes in BC. Which ones actually affect you? There are new housing taxes, a new health-care tax on employers, a higher carbon tax, a higher tobacco tax, and new revenues from taxing the sale of cannabis. Two of those, if you are paying them you can stop by quitting smoking. Two don't affect you at all unless you are a medium to large employer. The only one left is the carbon tax.
May I point out yet again that under the NDP business investment in BC continues to grow. Not shrink. GDP growth is among the best in Canada. Unemployment is the lowest of all the provinces.

And again I have to ask just which doom and gloom indicators are you looking at,because from all the indicators I see BC is doing just fine.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Abundantly clear what color your lenses are. [icon_lol2.gif]

I take it you're one of those people who hasn't figured out that all the extra costs put upon business, get transferred back to us by means of higher costs, be it burgers, coffee, groceries, clothing, or what have you.

What I remember most about the NDP's last reign, was that at the end of the day we had less money left in our wallets compared to other parts of Canada.

Seems to me we are again headed toward that territory.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Urban Cowboy wrote:coffee

Don't mention coffee, be prepared for a very lengthy breakdown on the supposed cost of making a cup of coffee [icon_lol2.gif]
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

Urban Cowboy wrote:Abundantly clear what color your lenses are. [icon_lol2.gif]

I take it you're one of those people who hasn't figured out that all the extra costs put upon business, get transferred back to us by means of higher costs, be it burgers, coffee, groceries, clothing, or what have you.

What I remember most about the NDP's last reign, was that at the end of the day we had less money left in our wallets compared to other parts of Canada.

Seems to me we are again headed toward that territory.

I guess when you can't answer someone's question all one can do is make up crap.
We get it that your corporate welfare checks have been cut back. So suck it up.
When the Liberals got elected they transferred 2 billion in corporate taxes to the working people of BC.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...

Return to “B.C.”