Massive Rockslide Blocks the Might Fraser River

Re: Massive Rockslide Blocks the Might Fraser River

Postby twobits » Jul 20th, 2019, 5:01 pm

Glacier wrote:No they won't. Do you know what Kokanee are? They are salmon who no longer visit the ocean because the river has been blocked.

Glace.....you know perfectly well that Kokanee "sub species" of Sockeye Salmon that are present in many non connected water courses in the world did not come into being by the landslide of a river blocking exit to the ocean.
How ironic is it that Glaciation evolved the species?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3853 posts

Postby twobits » Jul 20th, 2019, 5:10 pm

Mike Br. wrote:They could just swim elsewhere, where there is more food. Oceans are vast. What's wrong with that concept?

If you do not understand removed of suggesting the Southern Resident Killer Whales just move on somewhere else in the vast ocean to feed, removed do some serious self education. It is as brilliant as pondering why threatened Caribou herds don't just mosey down to Chilliwack where there is tons of green stuff to eat.
Last edited by Catsumi on Jul 22nd, 2019, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

2 people like this post.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3853 posts

Postby Mike Br. » Jul 22nd, 2019, 7:14 pm

twobits wrote:
Mike Br. wrote:They could just swim elsewhere, where there is more food. Oceans are vast. What's wrong with that concept?

If you do not understand removed suggesting the Southern Resident Killer Whales just move on somewhere else in the vast ocean to feed, you need to do some serious self education. It is as brilliant as pondering why threatened Caribou herds don't just mosey down to Chilliwack where there is tons of green stuff to eat.

They are good swimmers, aren’t they? Btw, who is threatening Caribou herds? There are so many, like pests. You can’t even play golf any longer from them, just laying down on greens.
Last edited by Catsumi on Jul 22nd, 2019, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated quote
I mince no words. Spare me political correctness and platitudes!
Mike Br.
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 678 posts

Postby seewood » Jul 22nd, 2019, 8:19 pm

Mike Br. wrote:Btw, who is threatening Caribou herds? There are so many, like pests. You can’t even play golf any longer from them, just laying down on greens.

Perhaps you might be thinking of Elk. In towns and golf courses in the Kootenay's they do just that.
Caribou, different story. I was lucky enough once to see a couple of caribou work they're way down a clear cut munching as they went. Blue River area.

Sounds like they are going to trap and heli the salmon upstream...
https://globalnews.ca/news/5664463/fras ... elicopter/
I am not wealthy but I am rich

Queen K likes this post.
seewood
Übergod

Liked in: 1615 posts

Postby Glacier » Sep 4th, 2019, 3:02 pm

I've watched the native men fish several times here. The river is normally red with fish this time of year. Not now.

As of this week, just over 200 sockeye and only 26 chinook have been spotted near the spawning ground along the Chilko River, said Randy Billyboy, fisheries manager for the Tsilhqot'in National Government.

Normally, they would see more than 500,000, he said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... KXeTeP_hXM
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 12464 posts

Previous

Return to B.C.