No Uniforms at Pride

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

No Uniforms at Pride

Post by Treblehook »

I don't know why any police officer would want to march in one of Pride's parades these days, IF they are conducted the way it was in Toronto recently. There were more than a handful of male participants, photographed while marching with their genitals completely exposed. First, I don't understand the reason folks marching in Gay Pride parades feel the compulsion to appear nearly naked. Second, under any other circumstance in this country, exposing one's private parts in public is a criminal offense. Why is this behavior tolerated during the Pride parades?
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: No Uniforms at Pride

Post by LANDM »

Really?
Photographed with their genitals fully exposed? Sure they were.....

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 29th, 2019, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
You and 71 others Like this post
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Don't know about this year, but it's pretty common at Toronto's pride parade. Here's a Maclean's piece from 2014:
https://www.macleans.ca/society/the-nak ... out-pride/
It’s well-known that Toronto authorities turn a blind eye to bare bums and breasts in the public arena during Pride. (Naked people do turn up at the event frequently, though their presence isn’t as pervasive as some might think; one sees a penis at the parade as much as one sees a tourist with a full head of braids at an all-inclusive resort or a crowd-surfer at a rock concert. Every community has its truly committed.)

It's sad to see the organizers of pride parades excluding people. Seems to me there should be more value in inclusiveness.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

LANDM wrote:Really?

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Drop your willie in a Pride Parade, all is good. Take a wizz out in public and be put on the sex offenders list. Makes sense to me [icon_lol2.gif]
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

It’s well-known that Toronto authorities turn a blind eye to bare bums and breasts in the public arena during Pride.

Women have legally been allowed to expose their breasts in Ontario since July 1991. As for bare bums - nothing more than what you'd see on beaches with bikini-clad women.
bikini.jpg
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
LANDM wrote:Really?

Seriously? You think breasts are genitals?

I get you don’t like Trudeau.....neither do I.

However, your pic, with my quote above, is meaningless in this context.

This is about a claim that many genitals were fully exposed. That’s a standard claim that is probably completely untrue, but it gives the HP's a reason to search their gay imagery collection and/or expand it. Go for it.

Nevertheless, in case others need clarification, "bare bums and breasts" are not the same as "fully exposed genitals".

We really are moving backwards in a lot of things......chiefly intelligence, it seems.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

LANDM wrote:
We really are moving backwards in a lot of things......chiefly intelligence, it seems.

On this we can agree! And our current BC government is definitely proof of that.

I wasn't equating genitals with our idiot PM posing with a topless person (don't want to assume their gender but let's just go with "young female"). It was more a statement about our PM posing with a topless person, as it appears there is nudity at these things. I wouldn't know. I personally don't have a problem with women taking their tops off, though wondering why Trudeau would take this picture, and how was wondering how the left would freak out if Trump posed with a topless young woman. Seems the standards are a bit doubled.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

LANDM wrote:...This is about a claim that many genitals were fully exposed. That’s a standard claim that is probably completely untrue, ...

Did Macleans make claims that are completely untrue? Perhaps things have changed since they wrote this, perhaps not:

It’s well-known that Toronto authorities turn a blind eye to bare bums and breasts in the public arena during Pride. (Naked people do turn up at the event frequently, though their presence isn’t as pervasive as some might think; one sees a penis at the parade as much as one sees a tourist with a full head of braids at an all-inclusive resort or a crowd-surfer at a rock concert. Every community has its truly committed.)
Link in previous post.

It's a shame the pride parades put so little value on promoting inclusiveness. They are excluding some of the people who have been fully supportive of them and promoting stereotypes instead of better relationships and greater understanding.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

The photo that I saw, taken at the Toronto parade, had several male participants [front and center] with their genitals fully exposed. As I said, it is a huge question why these folks feel so compelled to expose themselves at these events Why? And that picture that shows Trudeau with the bare breasted woman is embarrassing for many Canadians. He looks like the village idiot, grinning like a horse eating thistles. Ridiculous.
Robert7461
Fledgling

Post by Robert7461 »

Treblehook wrote:The photo that I saw, taken at the Toronto parade, had several male participants [front and center] with their genitals fully exposed.

Proof? Post the photo with some blur. Some penis-shaped pasta was served at Toronto Pride, are you sure you're not mistaking pasta penises for real ones?
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

rustled wrote:
LANDM wrote:...This is about a claim that many genitals were fully exposed. That’s a standard claim that is probably completely untrue, ...

Did Macleans make claims that are completely untrue? Perhaps things have changed since they wrote this, perhaps not:

Link in previous post.

It's a shame the pride parades put so little value on promoting inclusiveness. They are excluding some of the people who have been fully supportive of them and promoting stereotypes instead of better relationships and greater understanding.

I didn’t realize that the OP was talking about "bare bums and breasts" in a 2014 pride parade when he/she was stating there were fully exposed genitals at the Toronto pride parade.
For some reason I assumed genitals means genitals and recently means 2019. :135:
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Which is why I said "don't know about this year".

Do you know whether or not the group mentioned, TNT, marched in Toronto's pride parade? It was on their calendar of events for 2019. Did something stop them this year?

Should we assume if it hasn't been brought to our attention by someone other than a poster on Castanet, it couldn't have happened? That's rhetorical. I was simply curious about why some folk feel they need to argue full nudity didn't happen this year.

And again, it seems to me the bigger issue is how here in BC, a parade that was intended to promote inclusivity and acceptance has become about excluding certain people, people who traditionally supported acceptance of the once-marginalized group even when it was far less "popular" to do so.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

Here's a solution, don't look at pictures with genital, problem solved. [icon_lol2.gif]

Its a parade with millions of people, someone will do something to get peoples knickers in a knot.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

AlienSoldier wrote:Its a parade with millions of people, someone will do something to get peoples knickers in a knot.

Can’t get your knickers in a knot if you ain’t wearin’ none [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “B.C.”