BC Inquiry into gasoline pricing

BC Inquiry into gasoline pricing

Postby casey60 » Jul 5th, 2019, 2:49 pm

Interesting to read that big oil refuses to show their profit margins on gasoline. Wonder why...….?
casey60
Board Meister

Liked in: 281 posts

Re: BC Inquiry into gasoline pricing

Postby Mike Br. » Jul 5th, 2019, 2:57 pm

casey60 wrote:Interesting to read that big oil refuses to show their profit margins on gasoline. Wonder why...….?

Would you be willing to share your personal bank account records with us? You probably wouldn't. Then, why are you asking private businesses to do the same?
I mince no words. Spare me political correctness and platitudes!

6 people like this post.
Mike Br.
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 678 posts

Postby southy » Jul 5th, 2019, 3:11 pm

This inquiry is nothing more than a political deflection by the idiots in the NDP. Love how Horgan now places blame on oil companies and says he can't understand it! What a frigging joke!!

10 people like this post.
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 990 posts

Postby liisgo » Jul 6th, 2019, 8:07 am

southy wrote:This inquiry is nothing more than a political deflection by the idiots in the NDP. Love how Horgan now places blame on oil companies and says he can't understand it! What a frigging joke!!

Exactly, what a joke ALL our politicians are, each party, they have all shared in enjoying the high prices of fuel prices in BC and THEIR taxes they receive from it. 60 cents a litre of tax,(last I heard) on every ltr. So $1.30 a ltr minus that .60, makes it .70 ltr.
I'm well ok with that.Yes some tax is acceptable, but when its almost half of the price it stinks of government.
Horgan is an embarrassment and will be kicked from office soon, not even a contender. But really, have there ever been an outstanding contender or are they all the same?
What is worse is that its not a party thing and the next leader, which ever party, is going to stink just as bad.
liisgo
Fledgling

Liked in: 244 posts

Postby burnedatstake » Jul 8th, 2019, 8:52 pm

people blaming horgan for this is absurd. those same high taxes were there under the liberals too. and there was none of this lock em up *bleep* then. the companies dodging and deflecting the ndp government over competition is rich. especially considering that the gas stations buy gas bulk from a wholesaler. and when was the last time you noticed significant price differences between gas stations? even on gasbuddy. not very often.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.

Merry likes this post.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 492 posts

Postby OhMyDarlin » Jul 9th, 2019, 7:41 am

Mike Br. wrote:Would you be willing to share your personal bank account records with us? You probably wouldn't. Then, why are you asking private businesses to do the same?

Apple, meet orange. No, I would not share my personal account records here, but if the Government asks for my business bank account records, I am required to share them.
OhMyDarlin
Fledgling

Liked in: 140 posts

Postby Mike Br. » Jul 9th, 2019, 8:06 am

OhMyDarlin wrote:... but if the Government asks for my business bank account records, I am required to share them.

No, you are not. Governments have no such power. Courts do, but the justification for subpoena needs to be far bigger than someone's curiosity. It's not that easy.
I mince no words. Spare me political correctness and platitudes!

common_sense_guy likes this post.
Mike Br.
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 678 posts

Postby southy » Jul 9th, 2019, 8:33 am

burnedatstake wrote:people blaming horgan for this is absurd. those same high taxes were there under the liberals too. and there was none of this lock em up *bleep* then. the companies dodging and deflecting the ndp government over competition is rich. especially considering that the gas stations buy gas bulk from a wholesaler. and when was the last time you noticed significant price differences between gas stations? even on gasbuddy. not very often.

Companies dodging and deflecting??? Burned are you on the NDP or some environmental group payroll??? My God man/woman .. give your head a shake. If you can't see the elementary deflecting your NDP/G government and more specifically .. your fearless leader Horgan is doing then you really need to stop drinking that koolaid. Of course the NDP/G are doing nothing more than deflecting, it's the way they operate, however, like everything else they do ….they screw it up royally.

2 people like this post.
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby GordonH » Jul 9th, 2019, 9:02 am

Here is what goes into a price of per/litre of gasoline/diesel
Rack price + BC (civic) & Federal taxes + Owner/Operator = pump price
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9006 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby burnedatstake » Jul 9th, 2019, 4:16 pm

southy wrote:Of course the NDP/G are doing nothing more than deflecting, it's the way they operate, however, like everything else they do ….they screw it up royally.

you must not be paying attention when removed makes rebuttals in the eloquent fashion of a pundit on a hostile news outlet. bc is the best of the best in canada right now and under a greendp government and fed liberals no less. meanwhile ford has turned ontario into a shambles and kenny is just showboating for the conservatives in alberta. i thought conservatives were the elixir for success? if that was the case bc should be eating dust because kenny and ford were in power.
Last edited by Catsumi on Jul 9th, 2019, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't drag other posters into your discourse. Thanks
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 492 posts

Postby Veovis » Jul 9th, 2019, 5:35 pm

I'm waiting for the Beaverton article where Horgan creates a committee to find out why his foot hurts after shooting it.

4 people like this post.
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 4710 posts

Postby southy » Jul 9th, 2019, 8:28 pm

Veovis wrote:I'm waiting for the Beaverton article where Horgan creates a committee to find out why his foot hurts after shooting it.

Yup, and I'm waiting for those photos of Horgan's sidekick Hayman standing under a shower washing all the brown stuff off his head!!

Urban Cowboy likes this post.
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby LordEd » Jul 10th, 2019, 7:58 am

Veovis wrote:I'm waiting for the Beaverton article where Horgan creates a committee to find out why his foot hurts after shooting it.
But the terms of reference say you may not consider the use of guns or bullets when determining the cause.
I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend your right to be punished for it. (User profile -> Search user’s posts)
https://xkcd.com/1357/

2 people like this post.
LordEd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2507 posts

Postby Hurtlander » Jul 10th, 2019, 8:52 am

I’d like to know how oil companies determine the price at the pump they charge. I live north of Kamloops, the gas in my town today is $135.9, the oil companies claim the gas is more expensive because of “transportation” costs. The gas in my town comes from the tank farm in Kamloops... 200 km further up the road from my town is Valemount, Valmount also gets its gas from the tank farm in Kamloops, I paid $132.9 for gas in Valemount yesterday.. The day before that I bought gas in Fort Nelson for $130.9.. the gas in Fort Nelson comes from Edmonton which is 1400km away. Personally I believe “transportation” costs is a pile of *bleep* when determining gas prices, I think the oil companies simply charge what they think they can get away with. Perhaps an inquiry into gas pricing isn’t such a bad idea. And yes, I’m full aware that a huge portion of the price of our gas in BC is road tax, carbon tax, GST, and what very few are aware of, BC is the only jurisdiction in Canada that has mandated low carbon gas which costs an extra 4-8 cents per litre to produce.... An inquiry would give us a complete breakdown of gas pricing including gouging from the government.

2 people like this post.
Hurtlander
Guru

Liked in: 5883 posts

Postby Urban Cowboy » Jul 10th, 2019, 11:46 am

LordEd wrote:
But the terms of reference say you may not consider the use of guns or bullets when determining the cause.

Which is fine given that in Horgan's case it's his mouth that's the problem. [icon_lol2.gif]
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.” -Bob Dylan
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Liked in: 7729 posts

Next

Return to B.C.