Condo Charging Conundrum

Re: Condo Charging Conundrum

Postby Hassel99 » Jul 16th, 2019, 1:12 pm

tabanner wrote:

I'm not sure which other threads you are referring to, but I'm pretty sure car manufacturers can not lie about fuel/energy consumption. [icon_lol2.gif] You think if Tesla was making "gross exaggerations", they'd be selling as many cars as they are??

They do it all the time...

No one buys a telsa for the 6000km range...
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3401 posts

Postby tabanner » Jul 17th, 2019, 9:12 am

Actually, many people do buy due to the range (also why many of the first EVs didn't sell well due to low range). People also buy for the technology, not having to buy gas anymore, etc.

Perhaps some automakers do try to lie about MPG which is why there is also the EPA which tends to be more accurate from what I've read. However, when it comes right down to it, most days of the year, driving between -10 and 20 degrees..I'd say you're going to get close to the EPA for most vehicles (gas and electric).
tabanner

Liked in: 27 posts

Postby OKkayak » Jul 17th, 2019, 9:34 am

tabanner wrote:Perhaps some automakers do try to lie about MPG which is why there is also the EPA which tends to be more accurate from what I've read. However, when it comes right down to it, most days of the year, driving between -10 and 20 degrees..I'd say you're going to get close to the EPA for most vehicles (gas and electric).

You're confusing "lying" with testing under controlled conditions. It's more than just temperature, it's how you drive the vehicle, speed, acceleration, braking, the topography of the roads, etc.

Now, if you want to talk about lying. Lets point out that Tesla is advertising a car for $38000 where the actual selling price is $54000 [icon_lol2.gif]
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4341 posts

Postby floppi » Jul 17th, 2019, 10:59 am

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Jul 17th, 2019, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
floppi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1151 posts

Postby tabanner » Jul 17th, 2019, 7:17 pm

OKkayak wrote:
tabanner wrote:Perhaps some automakers do try to lie about MPG which is why there is also the EPA which tends to be more accurate from what I've read. However, when it comes right down to it, most days of the year, driving between -10 and 20 degrees..I'd say you're going to get close to the EPA for most vehicles (gas and electric).

You're confusing "lying" with testing under controlled conditions. It's more than just temperature, it's how you drive the vehicle, speed, acceleration, braking, the topography of the roads, etc.

Now, if you want to talk about lying. Lets point out that Tesla is advertising a car for $38000 where the actual selling price is $54000 [icon_lol2.gif]

The cheapest Model 3 was never $38,000 in Canada.
tabanner

Postby OKkayak » Jul 18th, 2019, 5:36 am

tabanner wrote:

Thats my point, but doesn't stop Tesla from advertising that price. $38,290 is the price on their website IIRC, unless, you click the tiny "potential savings" switch off. Sneaky [icon_lol2.gif]
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4341 posts

Postby tabanner » Jul 18th, 2019, 6:41 am

OKkayak wrote:
tabanner wrote:

Thats my point, but doesn't stop Tesla from advertising that price. $38,290 is the price on their website IIRC, unless, you click the tiny "potential savings" switch off. Sneaky [icon_lol2.gif]

Not really. The purchase price is listed. Other manufacturers list prices after rebates etc., all the time. And the Model 3 is the only model that qualifies for a rebate so why wouldn’t they advertise “potential” savings?
tabanner

Postby twobits » Jul 20th, 2019, 6:31 pm

The whole thread has been derailed. It is about a minority of strata owners being able to force a majority to pay for their charging infrastructure needs in already existing buildings. And I say bull *bleep* to that.
Change the building code for future buildings so the wiring and mains supply are engineered for such a load...fine. But to expect everyone to pony up for a handful of owners without a 75% strata vote in existing buildings is bull chit. These people are trying to end run the Strata act to circumvent majority vote with legislation.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

4 people like this post.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3853 posts

Postby Smurf » Jul 21st, 2019, 6:38 am

Bull xxxx like this makes one wonder if owning a condo is a smart investment. You have the potential to pay some unexpected expenses. I say they should never be forced into this unless there is a majority that need it.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Smurf
Guru

Liked in: 6618 posts

Previous

Return to B.C.