West Kelowna's Ben Stewart is Out of the BC Liberal caucus

West Kelowna's Ben Stewart is Out of the BC Liberal caucus

Postby DarbyD » Aug 1st, 2019, 9:39 pm

Interesting, didn't see this coming!
https://thebreaker.news/news/ben-stewart-out/
August 1, 2019
Bob Mackin
EXCLUSIVE: Kelowna West’s Ben Stewart is out of the BC Liberal caucus.
theBreaker.news understands there was an emergency conference call for caucus members in which they were informed that the MLA in the BC Liberal stronghold has departed because of a matter related to an Elections BC investigation that involves a donation from his constituency assistant.

Stewart’s departure means the BC Liberals are down to 41 seats, the same as the governing NDP, which has the support of the three Green MLAs in a confidence and supply agreement that helped topple the BC Liberals in June 2017.
They comes,
They goes.
DarbyD
 
Posts: 79
Likes: 87 posts
Liked in: 113 posts
Joined: Apr 29th, 2019, 12:47 pm

Re: West Kelowna's Ben Stewart is Out of the BC Liberal cauc

Postby stuphoto » Aug 1st, 2019, 10:01 pm

That is too bad,
Although I don't agree with his party, I do think that he is one of the better politicians in the province, and does what he thinks is right.
I hope he runs as an independent.
stuphoto
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 705
Likes: 709 posts
Liked in: 496 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2014, 7:41 am

Re: West Kelowna's Ben Stewart is Out of the BC Liberal cauc

Postby Urbane » Aug 1st, 2019, 10:50 pm

Good for Ben Stewart. He's an honest and honourable man so I'm not at all surprised that he did the right thing to voluntarily step away from the Liberal caucus while Elections BC investigates the issue.

rustled likes this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 21997
Likes: 10382 posts
Liked in: 13057 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: West Kelowna's Ben Stewart is Out of the BC Liberal cauc

Postby voice of reason » Aug 1st, 2019, 10:54 pm

is he stepping aside so christy clark can have his seat again
voice of reason
Übergod
 
Posts: 1344
Likes: 4480 posts
Liked in: 1585 posts
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:40 pm

Re: West Kelowna's Ben Stewart is Out of the BC Liberal cauc

Postby stuphoto » Aug 2nd, 2019, 12:52 am

voice of reason wrote:is he stepping aside so christy clark can have his seat again

Although I disagree with his decision there, I still think he was doing what he thought was the best thing for the province.

rustled likes this post.
stuphoto
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 705
Likes: 709 posts
Liked in: 496 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2014, 7:41 am

What has Ben Stewart done???

Postby westbankkid » Aug 2nd, 2019, 9:59 am

What has Ben Stewart done that he has to resign the Liberal Party till it is settled. Sounds quite serious. Hs constituents need to know..

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... ves-caucus
User avatar
westbankkid
Übergod
 
Posts: 1340
Likes: 704 posts
Liked in: 491 posts
Joined: Jul 3rd, 2005, 2:10 pm
Location: WESTBANK

Re: What has Ben Stewart done???

Postby voice of reason » Aug 2nd, 2019, 10:12 am

he is probably stepping aside so christy can have his seat again
voice of reason
Übergod
 
Posts: 1344
Likes: 4480 posts
Liked in: 1585 posts
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:40 pm

Re: What has Ben Stewart done???

Postby westbankkid » Aug 2nd, 2019, 10:17 am

voice of reason wrote:he is probably stepping aside so christy can have his seat again

I sure as hell hope not. lol
User avatar
westbankkid
Übergod
 
Posts: 1340
Likes: 704 posts
Liked in: 491 posts
Joined: Jul 3rd, 2005, 2:10 pm
Location: WESTBANK

Re: What has Ben Stewart done???

Postby goalie » Aug 2nd, 2019, 10:27 am

Well he's an honorable man according to the article....lol
goalie
Übergod
 
Posts: 1763
Likes: 10 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Mar 5th, 2005, 7:29 am

Re: What has Ben Stewart done???

Postby voice of reason » Aug 2nd, 2019, 10:50 am

goalie wrote:Well he's an honorable man according to the article....lol

quails gate probably paid for an article on okanagan edge for ben stewart to get that glowing article about their owner
voice of reason
Übergod
 
Posts: 1344
Likes: 4480 posts
Liked in: 1585 posts
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:40 pm

Re: What has Ben Stewart done???

Postby csm » Aug 2nd, 2019, 10:54 am

goalie wrote:Well he's an honorable man according to the article....lol


[icon_lol2.gif] He is a politician - there is no such thing as being "Honorable" in that arena - it's a term they themselves "coined" to fool the public into thinking that's what they are - "Honest".
Amazing how Liberal Fanatics are great at blaming others for Canada's problems, but when asked about their accomplishments - have nothing to say!

Fidel Trudeau is an Autocrat and Dictator - "Ship Him Back To Cuba"!!
User avatar
csm
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 737
Likes: 932 posts
Liked in: 661 posts
Joined: Apr 26th, 2005, 1:14 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: What has Ben Stewart done???

Postby spooker » Aug 2nd, 2019, 11:34 am

voice of reason wrote:he is probably stepping aside so christy can have his seat again


He's just leaving the Liberals ... not his seat in the assembly ... he'll be an independant like Plecas is for now ...

The investigation seems to be about campaign financing (surprise?)
--
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. -- Plato
User avatar
spooker
Übergod
 
Posts: 1661
Likes: 1265 posts
Liked in: 976 posts
Joined: May 12th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Kelowna, BC, CA

Re: What has Ben Stewart done???

Postby oneh2obabe » Aug 2nd, 2019, 12:02 pm

Being discussed here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82737
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
User avatar
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd
 
Posts: 62908
Likes: 1032 posts
Liked in: 7663 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 9:19 am

Re: West Kelowna's Ben Stewart is Out of the BC Liberal cauc

Postby Symbonite » Aug 2nd, 2019, 4:07 pm

sounds like a whole lot of nothing anyways...or you would have the NDP all over it for sure...and its a smart move...go as independent and the NDP wont have anything to say like "calls for resignation" "how dare the Liberals let him continue" etc etc.

probably some audit...thats about it...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.

twobits likes this post.
User avatar
Symbonite
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3628
Likes: 20 posts
Liked in: 978 posts
Joined: Feb 16th, 2005, 10:30 am
Location: From Within

Re: West Kelowna's Ben Stewart is Out of the BC Liberal cauc

Postby flamingfingers » Aug 10th, 2019, 8:03 pm

And as for this 'individual (that) is pursuing it', what, exactly, is that all about?

Mr. Shaw has more:

...Stewart stepped away from caucus last week after a constituency assistant complained to Elections B.C., alleging being forced to donate approximately $1,225 on Stewart’s behalf to the B.C. Liberal Party. That amount is near the personal maximum under B.C.’s new donation law, also described as the top-tier “Founders’ Club” level for B.C. Liberal Party members...


Hmmmmm...

So, a staffer to Stewart complains to Elections BC about being forced to make a donation to the BC Liberals on Stewart's behalf and then, suddenly, Mr. Stewart acts 'voluntarily'.

Sure thing.


But here's the real question...

Who 'forced' the staffer to make the donation in the first place given the following:

...The B.C. Liberal Party confirmed Thursday it had refunded the donation in March after the constituency assistant contacted the party and asked for the money back...


Gosh.

Kinda seems like maybe there was very little at all that was truly voluntary in this entire process.



http://pacificgazette.blogspot.com/
Overpopulation threatens all life on earth.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 21198
Likes: 6722 posts
Liked in: 6855 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 8:56 am


Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], George Orwell 1984 and 2 guests