32 Idiots and their accomplices..

32 Idiots and their accomplices..

Postby 60-YEARS-in-Ktown » Aug 8th, 2019, 9:19 am

Jeez ..32 campfires abandoned on one long weekend.. that just shows how dumb a lot of our population is.. amazing..
I am going to offer up, if you don't have what it takes, to make sure the fire is out when leaving, perhaps you are not smart enough to manage a fire..

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/263061 ... -campfires
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2522 posts

Re: 32 Idiots and their accomplices..

Postby Bsuds » Aug 8th, 2019, 9:55 am

And that folks is why there should be a full time campfire ban!

Too many idiots out there. I think there should be free birth control to help control that problem.
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!

3 people like this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 12984 posts

Postby stuphoto » Aug 8th, 2019, 3:57 pm

Bsuds wrote:I think there should be free birth control to help control that problem.

We both know they couldn't figure out how to use free birth control.

Bsuds likes this post.
stuphoto
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 496 posts

Postby twobits » Aug 8th, 2019, 5:13 pm

Bsuds wrote:And that folks is why there should be a full time campfire ban!

And a full time ban on driving too since there is a small percentage of the population that drinks and drives too. Let's just take away the entire population's rights because of a few brain deads.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

4 people like this post.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3853 posts

Postby polelady » Aug 8th, 2019, 6:13 pm

OK I appreciate a nice campground fire ... as much as anyone... but in reality.... hate these campfire bans when they are imposed... grrrrrrr HOWEVER ... for 32 known campfires left unattended... etc etc... something has to be done..

I suggest that EVERYONE has to purchase a camp fire permit... say for a day or a weekend etc.... for figure say 10.00 for a day and 25.00 for a weekend.... to pay for the government to administer the situation.. So YOU GET a Permit.. and it has to be posted near the fire... and has a BIG NUMBER on it.... say BC2019-08-123 we can offer a coroplast frame for this permit number to be near the fire... ....so when a ranger drives up he can check the details and see who and for how long etc..
NOW as the public... is out and about... and most have cell phones.. with cameras... as you drive past say Joes picnic in the bush area... snap a picture... etc.. it shows he has or does not have a permit ON DISPLAY...
If Joe heads home with the fire in place... things are put together .. time.. location etc... and wammo... Joe is the bad guy... he gets a knock on the door from the ranger and a big ticket to go with it.....

Not sure if this would work.. in reality but some thing has to be done.. and soon... any suggestions... to my idea.. !!
Even if say 3 of the idiots got big tickets and fines ... it would be a start.... 10% start ?
polelady

Liked in: 48 posts

Postby Sparki55 » Aug 8th, 2019, 7:30 pm

Ban it, permit it, regulate it. Lol. What happened to all the fire wardens who drove around in the bush ensuring all fires were out, etc. It costs millions and peoples homes if fires start. Why not spend 50 million a year and hire 800 wardens to patrol the forests in BC? 500 of them can patrol all the hot spots and 300 can patrol the less accessed areas.

I just finished a post where the government earmarked 100s of millions for gender, employment, low income and inequality studies. Why not buy something useful?

Soon I'll need a permit for my dog, oh wait. Maybe next is a permit to consume booze lol.

featfan likes this post.
Sparki55
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 844 posts

Postby Bsuds » Aug 8th, 2019, 9:03 pm

Bsuds wrote:And that folks is why there should be a full time campfire ban!

twobits wrote:
And a full time ban on driving too since there is a small percentage of the population that drinks and drives too. Let's just take away the entire population's rights because of a few brain deads.

Nah, just the stupid ones.
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 12984 posts

Postby TylerM4 » Aug 9th, 2019, 8:41 am

I'm more with the "let's actually punish people" crowd.

I'm frequently in the back country. ATVing, camping, etc. In 25 years of doing so, I've only once ever came across a warden checking for campfires.

When the rules aren't working, there's 2 approaches. The lazy and easy "Ban it all" approach, and the more effort involving approach of enforcing the rules. Unfortunately, we're turning into a lazy society it seems. Pretty soon everything will be banned :-X
TylerM4
Übergod

Liked in: 1416 posts

Postby stuphoto » Aug 9th, 2019, 2:26 pm

And another
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... doned-fire
Apparently fines aren't enough deteriorate, so how about dragging anyone caught the second time into the middle of the next fire with just a bucket of water.
Not too many people would try it the third time.
stuphoto
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby liisgo » Aug 9th, 2019, 5:23 pm

This is only the beginning of seeing so much stupidity and arrogance on the behalf of society.
We got here by a complete lack of education, from all sources, parents, media, programs, governments, and enforcement.
No one is held accountable, no one is expected to be responsible.
Let people get away with following rules and laws, no punishment for those that offend, add in the softness of society thinking and, BOOM, a few decades and society is full of idiots.
With the campfire thing, a $10000 fine, for anyone. Done, let that get out that people actually get fined, then the only losers left in society doing anything careless and damaging are the ones we can take behind the barn.
liisgo
Fledgling

Liked in: 244 posts

Postby GordonH » Aug 9th, 2019, 7:00 pm

Maybe it's time to bring back something I grew up with.... Junior Forest Wardens, along with Smokey the Bear.
Teach them young
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence

oldtrucker likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8985 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby vinnied » Aug 9th, 2019, 7:18 pm

Last year I was really under the impression that some people visiting the province were heading home after there vacation in beautiful british columbia and intentionally tossing there smokes as they were leaving. Only thing that made any sense to me.
Seems this year they're intentionally leaving there fires burning. It has to be intentional. I just find it hard to believe folks are actually that stupid.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1167 posts

Postby 60-YEARS-in-Ktown » Aug 9th, 2019, 7:24 pm

I say bring back the Smokey the Bear signs, and the big cigarette they had at the big burn just west of Manning Park
I think the sign under the big cigarette said... Cigarettes caused this and it was in the middle of the big burnt section.
We called it Toothpick Mountain in the 60,s, it's finally all grown in now.. took 4 decades.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2522 posts

Postby stuphoto » Aug 9th, 2019, 9:53 pm

There is still a sign at Falkland saying This Fire was caused by a Cigarette.

The Rock Creek fire a few years ago was caused by a smoker too.
Someone local did witness the driver throwing the but out his truck window, and even recognized the truck and driver.
However the police said he would have needed an actual photo as proof.
stuphoto
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Poindexter » Aug 9th, 2019, 10:21 pm

Would be beneficial to know more details about the 32 abandoned fires. Knowing for example whether they were at a provincial vs private campground, back country camp vs urban homeless camp. Rather than banning all campfires unfairly, having a better breakdown would show what types of fires actually pose the risk and need to be banned.

Brushy Bill likes this post.
Poindexter
Guru

Liked in: 4750 posts

Next

Return to B.C.