Carson - 14 year old overdosing - teens film it.

Carson - 14 year old overdosing - teens film it.

Postby Triple 6 » Aug 11th, 2019, 7:42 am

https://globalnews.ca/video/5750882/fat ... paign=2019

I haven't seen a thread on this yet. I could have missed it. This is disgusting. That poor boy.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings

3 people like this post.
Triple 6

Liked in: 3710 posts

Re: Carson - 14 year old overdosing - teens film it.

Postby Bsuds » Aug 11th, 2019, 7:48 am

It's very sad that these kids that watched him die and did nothing!

I sure hope they are found and punished in some way.

I told my Wife they should have to do a ride along with Paramedics for a week and see what it's really like on the streets with addicts.
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!

kgcayenne likes this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 12984 posts

Postby Triple 6 » Aug 11th, 2019, 8:00 am

Bsuds wrote:I told my Wife they should have to do a ride along with Paramedics for a week and see what it's really like on the streets with addicts.

I couldn't agree more Sudsy.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings

blueliner likes this post.
Triple 6

Postby Queen K » Aug 11th, 2019, 8:34 am

I am alarmed at how causally cruel young teens are but is it "these days" or has it been like this forever?

God Forbid that anyone suggest that anything is influencing them. Don't go there! Don't suggest the multitude of horror movies their parents let them see, or the thousands of murders and grusome stuff they see on tv, the news shows more in their stories than ever before? Nope, don't suggest anything desensitizes them. Don't dare, DARE, bring up the 25 billion dollar violent gaming industry is desensitizing Jane and Johnny to killing. "You can't prove it" and "NO ONE can prove it", there are no studies or there are flawed studies, or the best one yet, "they with book learnin' don't know what they're talking about."

Pesonally, I'd like to line up every kid there and audit what their media diet truly is. By media diet, I mean social and gaming and tv and movies. Does anyone ever do that? Or is that invasion of privacy?

That teens so young, so indoctrinated to call 911 for emergencies, could just convince themselves that this is okay entertainment for them, to be pointing and laughing and not calling 911? is incomprehensible.

Unfortunately there are many incidences that have been recorded, and livestreamed where real people are in inhumane condtions, getting beaten by a gang of teens, getting humiliated, getting killed or dying, and being even tormented after their death! Bullying seems like such a weak word for it too. But like I said, do not suggest any types of influences.

I hope the dad gets every one of them and gets them charged with something and makes them accountable for something, anything!
Last edited by Queen K on Aug 11th, 2019, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Using cash is one of your few forms of privacy: use it or lose it. 1984 isn't the only Orwell novel that needs to to made fiction again.

3 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 15385 posts

Postby Triple 6 » Aug 11th, 2019, 8:43 am

Queen K wrote:I am alarmed at how causally cruel young teens are but is it "these days" or has it been like this forever?

I ask myself and friends that I grew up with a lot. I don't think it was. But then we didn't have cell phones or social media. Or I just lived a super sheltered life. Hung out with the right people. I just don't know.
Triple 6

Postby GordonH » Aug 11th, 2019, 9:01 am

Teens have always had a cruel side, thing is rarely if ever did it result in death (I'm looking back at my teen years).
Today between drug issues & online &/or face to face bullying, death is a real possibility.

For parents it's there worse nightmare coming true.

My deepest condolences to this Family.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence

2 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8985 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby common_sense_guy » Aug 11th, 2019, 9:34 am

Triple 6 wrote:
Bsuds wrote:I told my Wife they should have to do a ride along with Paramedics for a week and see what it's really like on the streets with addicts.

I couldn't agree more Sudsy.

Just curious that if you have or had kids of your own would you seriously put your kids through that kind of trauma at such a young age to teach them a lesson that they may or may not need or would that only be okay for somebody else's kids and not yours.
If you can't handle the truth, plug your ears. Don't ask me to stop speaking. This is a no snowflake Zone
common_sense_guy
Board Meister

Liked in: 339 posts

Postby Triple 6 » Aug 11th, 2019, 9:39 am

common_sense_guy wrote:Just curious that if you have or had kids of your own would you seriously put your kids through that kind of trauma at such a young age to teach them a lesson that they may or may not need or would that only be okay for somebody else's kids and not yours.

If my child filmed another person over-dosing, then posted it on Social media... A ride along with paramedics would be the least of her concerns.

9 people like this post.
Triple 6

Postby Bsuds » Aug 11th, 2019, 9:49 am

I have 3 grown kids and would definitely have done this if needed.
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!

4 people like this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 12984 posts

Postby OKkayak » Aug 11th, 2019, 9:52 am

Social media has becoming a cancer on human society. I watched the movie "Searching" when it was at the drive-in and it demonstrates quite accurately how our strange addiction to social media takes over and rubs out basic human nature and common sense.
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk

Triple 6 likes this post.
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4217 posts

Postby jimmy4321 » Aug 11th, 2019, 10:03 am

Disturbing sad story
When teens get together they can be like a pack of wolves, I think it wouldn't matter if social media existed or not. Only difference is if not this death would be more of a mystery and just less evidence.

Triple 6 likes this post.
jimmy4321
Guru

Liked in: 2415 posts

Postby Smurf » Aug 11th, 2019, 10:50 am

I worked with a fellow in Manitoba who would be about 60 now. He was a car nut and had a car the day he turned 16 the same as me. His were fixed up to the "nines" , motor, paint, interior etc. In his first year of driving he had a number of speeding and racing tickets and got hauled in for a licence check. Part of keeping his licence was watching movies of serious accidents showing dead people etc (unidentifiable). He said he almost threw up and it definitely helped him change his habits. Can you imagine them doing that today. I actually wish they would. So many points and you get a review along with real life movies. Actually a ride along with medics and police to some accident scenes could be included. Might wake a few people up.

These kids could use something similar as a wake up call. A little bit of trauma never hurt anyone.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

3 people like this post.
Smurf
Guru

Liked in: 6618 posts

Postby OKkayak » Aug 11th, 2019, 10:55 am

Smurf wrote:I worked with a fellow in Manitoba who would be about 60 now. He was a car nut and had a car the day he turned 16 the same as me. His were fixed up to the "nines" , motor, paint, interior etc. In his first year of driving he had a number of speeding and racing tickets and got hauled in for a licence check. Part of keeping his licence was watching movies of serious accidents showing dead people etc (unidentifiable). He said he almost threw up and it definitely helped him change his habits. Can you imagine them doing that today. I actually wish they would. So many points and you get a review along with real life movies. Actually a ride along with medics and police to some accident scenes could be included. Might wake a few people up.

These kids could use something similar as a wake up call. A little bit of trauma never hurt anyone.

People are more desensitized these days. They place countless graphic ads on TV to hopefully help keep people from texting and driving, putting on graphic images on a pack of smokes, etc.
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4217 posts

Postby W105 » Aug 11th, 2019, 11:24 am

heartbreaking and just sickening..I hope every kid that stood by and watched him die and those who filmed it all get charged...also hope someone steps up and tells the police who gave him the drugs

I really wish when his father was told by the school that he was hanging out with older kids that he would have asked to meet them..I can completely understand him giving his son the benefit of the doubt when he talked with him about it and he told him that he didn't hang out them with them too much that he still asked to meet them...YOU have to know who your kids hang out with because there are kids out there that change your kid's mindset very quickly..

it really is hard being a parent these days..
W105
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4574 posts

Postby jimmy4321 » Aug 11th, 2019, 11:39 am

W105 wrote:heartbreaking and just sickening..I hope every kid that stood by and watched him die and those who filmed it all get charged...also hope someone steps up and tells the police who gave him the drugs.

Additionally hopefully those kids guilty consciences kick in and they lose a lot of sleep over it all.
Can't all be psychopaths
Last edited by jimmy4321 on Aug 11th, 2019, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimmy4321
Guru

Liked in: 2415 posts

Next

Return to B.C.