Carson - 14 year old overdosing - teens film it.

Re: Carson - 14 year old overdosing - teens film it.

Postby W105 » Aug 11th, 2019, 11:44 am

hoping so too Jimmy...they have to live with themselves knowing they watched a young kid die...hope it will become a life changing horrific experience for those who stood by and did nothing..

2 people like this post.
W105
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4574 posts

Postby mexi cali » Aug 11th, 2019, 12:21 pm

OKkayak wrote:
Smurf wrote:I worked with a fellow in Manitoba who would be about 60 now. He was a car nut and had a car the day he turned 16 the same as me. His were fixed up to the "nines" , motor, paint, interior etc. In his first year of driving he had a number of speeding and racing tickets and got hauled in for a licence check. Part of keeping his licence was watching movies of serious accidents showing dead people etc (unidentifiable). He said he almost threw up and it definitely helped him change his habits. Can you imagine them doing that today. I actually wish they would. So many points and you get a review along with real life movies. Actually a ride along with medics and police to some accident scenes could be included. Might wake a few people up.

These kids could use something similar as a wake up call. A little bit of trauma never hurt anyone.

People are more desensitized these days. They place countless graphic ads on TV to hopefully help keep people from texting and driving, putting on graphic images on a pack of smokes, etc.

I agree; they (we) are desensitized to a large degree however, a dose of reality would work wonders for some. Nothing like the sight of real blood, the smell of real excrement, the sight of a real severed limb to get ones attention. Much different from 1080P.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Smurf likes this post.
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 4352 posts

Postby mexi cali » Aug 11th, 2019, 12:26 pm

The thing about kids that age; they are all pretty much stupid. I'll bet you none of them truly believed he was dying. They all thought he was just totally effed up, as most of them have been before and that it was funny.

There's a big barrier that needs to be broken through for kids when it comes to serious stuff. They all think they're invincible and few of them would ever think that someone was actually dying right in front of them.

The stupid genes are in fast forward at these ages. That's why it's really tough to try them as adults. There is seldom comprehension of consequences.

No excuse here but I think I'm pretty close.

3 people like this post.
mexi cali
Guru

Postby W105 » Aug 11th, 2019, 12:35 pm

totally get what you're saying mexi...but one would think that someone would have at least asked if he was alright while he was stumbling around, but I bet the kid didn't even know himself if he was od-ing..people think od's happen instantly...and of course most kids don't want to say anything because then they are known as a rat...
W105
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4574 posts

Postby normaM » Aug 11th, 2019, 12:37 pm

Not defending them but - they were prolly stoned too and didn't think his behaviour was that of someone about to die. From the article sounds he wandered off alone and was found near death.
I hope the teens come forward but bet they don't - besides their parents would faut everyone else but them.
Poor Carson just trying to fit in :(
If onion rings are wrong I don't wanna be right

3 people like this post.
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6076 posts

Postby vinnied » Aug 11th, 2019, 4:49 pm

Not taking away from the seriousness of the story, but is it possible that maybe he didn't actually die from the drugs?
The autopsy will tell of course, but if he was found unresponsive in a ditch, could he have maybe drowned, or fell and hit his head or something? The video only shows him tweaking. there's hundreds of youtube videos showing the exact same thing,
I know kids can be cruel, but if they actually seen him unresponsive, im sure someone would have called it in. And that's exactly what happened in the end, just from another group of teens.
But id like to wait for the autopsy report before I cast blame.

2 people like this post.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1167 posts

Postby mexi cali » Aug 12th, 2019, 8:21 am

Look back to River Phoenix. Downtown NY.
mexi cali
Guru

Postby jimmy4321 » Aug 12th, 2019, 8:51 am

I have zero experience in that stuff other than tragic news stories but it doesn't look like that could continue to go on long before severe dehydration.
jimmy4321
Guru

Liked in: 2415 posts

Postby casey60 » Aug 12th, 2019, 10:47 am

Sad sad story. I feel for the family
Social media kills people.
Need to go back to basics, that is learning how to interact without social media.
What a dreamer I am.

2 people like this post.
casey60
Board Meister

Liked in: 279 posts

Postby Gixxer » Aug 17th, 2019, 4:27 am

The clips says 12 year old tweaking on molly.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1716 posts

Previous

Return to B.C.