Safe Drugs for All

vinnied
Lord of the Board

Safe Drugs for All

Post by vinnied »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#264846
I know its sad that people are losing there loved ones to this catastrophy, but really, is making sure there drug supply is clean really going to help out the current homeless drug addict situation or just make it 100 times worse? People were ODing on drugs long before fentanyl, and carfentanil came into the picture, be it not as many but they were definitely ODing.
I'm a firm believer in not enabling an addiction, but society seems set on making the situation much worse than it is already.
Stop handing out needles, stop the safe injection sites, stop housing drug addicts. STOP ENABLING.
As long as they know that they are being looked out for, and no laws apply to them, there is zero incentive to get off the drugs, and get off the streets, in fact they are just creating a whole new lifestyle. And some of the younger generation seems to find it cool for some reason. and actually prefer the street lifestyle to living at home
Crazy
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Safe Drugs for All

Post by jimmy4321 »

I don't know the answer i'm guessing most OD's are from users not really knowing the potency and purity they are consuming.
If that's true , clean doses at a known potency would save lives.
Really though, this is a problem people enjoy :cuss: about but even if we all could agree on a solution , many wouldn't want our tax money fixing it.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Absolutely in no way would I want my tax dollar buying " clean " crack for the junkies. As stated above, keep giving handouts and the problem wont go away.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

My drug of choice is beer and chicken wings. Where do I sign up for safe supply of them?
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

jimmy4321 wrote:I don't know the answer i'm guessing most OD's are from users not really knowing the potency and purity they are consuming.
Really though, this is a problem people enjoy :cuss: about but even if we all could agree on a solution , many wouldn't want our tax money fixing it.

Our tax money is going to it whether people like it or not. No questions about that. Just a matter of how and where it should be spent
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

jimmy4321 wrote:I don't know the answer i'm guessing most OD's are from users not really knowing the potency and purity they are consuming.

You mention clean doses. If they're made by illegal sources then there's no such thing as clean doses. These people are putting all kinds of impurities (crap) into the drugs. They don't give a damn about quality or the safety of the end user.
When it's groups such as triads, cartel, Hells Angeles, they have one goal, money and they don't care about repeat customers because there is always another fool waiting.
And I also do not want anymore of my tax dollars going for safe injection sites, clean needles, naloxone, etc. Our first responders are getting burned out saving the same people over and over again.
The only solution I see is more rehab centres.

And of course, no one gets into temporary housing unless they are clean and the facility is dry.

What still surprises me are the ocassional drug users that are ODing from drugs laced with fentanyl. Don't they know better?

I have two family members who are fed up with our inept courts and our social system that want to save everyone with our tax dollars.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Risky choices automatically come with no guarantee, playing with fire sooner or later one will get burnt.
Taxpayers shouldn't be on the hook for individuals bad life choices.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Here's another thing about clean doses. Are they going to be free? Because if that's the whole idea behind it you can forget about most of the general public hopping on board. Bad enough we supply free needles, meanwhile if your a diabetic you have to figure out how to stay alive on your own buck.
So then let's say that the drug addicts still have to pay for there next (clean) fix. Will they?, or will the Govt screw that up too like they did with marijuana. Recent study showed that British Columbians aren't buying so much pot these days. Oh, they're buying it, just not from the gov't cause there prices are to expensive.
same thing will happen with the hard drugs, except the black market will undercut the govt everytime, and you can guarantee those undercut prices mean the drugs are going to be even more tainted.
Bottom line it's a lose lose idea.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I didn't say I agreed with it, i just don't know of a solution people are willing to pay for. I don't think the constant drain on resources is a solution when you figure the cost of crime/policing/medical and the rest of it.
What i know is in the last 30 yrs in BC that I've been here this problem has steadily grown, and it's always the same arguement.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

GordonH wrote:Risky choices automatically come with no guarantee, playing with fire sooner or later one will get burnt.
Taxpayers shouldn't be on the hook for individuals bad life choices.

Precisely, but the bleeding hearts think otherwise.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

heroin seems to be the drug of choice. Last time I checked, heroin was illegal. So how do they plan on getting it into the country? Or are we going to start our own poppy plantations and create our own manufacturing industry? Perhaps that's the real reason behind this idea of a clean supply. Follow the money trail
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I'm not familiar with any of it but isn't morphine provided by our medical system from the same thing? , it's not synthetic.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

question,if are govt gave all these useless junkies free drugs, would that cost more or less than all the crime, court time, cop time ,ete etc time that they cost are system as a whole--- how much would crime drop if they were given free drugs, or would crime increase because they would be f up and high all the time.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

the truth wrote:question,if are govt gave all these useless junkies free drugs, would that cost more or less than all the crime, court time, cop time ,ete etc time that they cost are system as a whole--- how much would crime drop if they were given free drugs, or would crime increase because they would be f up and high all the time.

That's the big question, how does anything positively impact those who don't break the laws.

I personally don't care if someone wants to dance a jig 24/7 at the 7/11 so long as they don't want to rob me, or assault someone for valuables, or spread disease.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

actually one would be surprised how many heroin addicts actually prefer Fentanyl...a friend of ours od-ed and died this yr and we had no idea that he was a hardcore drug addict...just thought he was a social drinker and pot smoker...his GF told us he was actually a heroin addict for a long time and the heroin started getting boring to him and he started using Fentanyl..which is what killed him..

I get the reasoning behind this idea, but I wonder if we make buying clean heroin easy as buying some alcohol we won't be creating more addicts looking for a stronger high ?? because that is exactly what hardcore addicts do...always looking for a stronger, better high..

and great question Truth...would crime actually decrease if clean heroin was available or would it increase because it then would be very easy to get (and maybe create more addicts ??) and addicts still need the money to purchase it and we know how they will get that money...cause I really can't see the Government giving out free heroin without a huge uproar..

Return to “B.C.”