Safe Drugs for All

W105
Guru

Re: Safe Drugs for All

Post by W105 »

wonder if anybody else agrees with this Minister ?? are we actually making it easier for addicts to push the limits ??

Minister criticizes naloxone

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/26 ... s-naloxone

An Alberta government minister says families affected by opioid abuse have told him that naloxone was encouraging their loved ones to take greater risks because they knew the life-saving drug could save them if they went too far.

"I met with many families adversely affected by addiction to hear their heart-wrenching stories and views. Some families expressed concern that the presence of naloxone was encouraging their loved ones to take greater risks, knowing that the life-saving drug was nearby," Luan wrote.

"I was asked by media what I heard from families, and recited many examples, including this one. This concern was expressed by families and are their words and experience. This is not my opinion or the position of the government of Alberta."

In his remarks to reporters on Friday, Luan said there was "a fine line" between wanting to help, and becoming "an enabler."
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

He is 100% correct. Good for him for coming out and stating an opposing view from the left wing apologists.
He needs to be knighted!
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

well it certainly seems very logical doesn't it ?? and he is only repeating what has been told to him by Families who actually have been affected by addiction...

for some reason we completely forget that addiction doesn't just hurt the addict, it hurts all the people who love them and their opinions should matter and be heard too..
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

W105 wrote:wonder if anybody else agrees with this Minister ?? are we actually making it easier for addicts to push the limits ??

Minister criticizes naloxone

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/26 ... s-naloxone

An Alberta government minister says families affected by opioid abuse have told him that naloxone was encouraging their loved ones to take greater risks because they knew the life-saving drug could save them if they went too far.

"I met with many families adversely affected by addiction to hear their heart-wrenching stories and views. Some families expressed concern that the presence of naloxone was encouraging their loved ones to take greater risks, knowing that the life-saving drug was nearby," Luan wrote.

No consequences = party harder.
These are already people who do not fear consequences, that's how they ended up where they are.
Or recogniize them but ignore them. The reasons can become unimportant.
I think it should be looked at for sure.
If it removes the one consequence they might still fear (death), is that in their best interests?
Take the shot, sure, but them it's off to rehab camp?

"I was asked by media what I heard from families, and recited many examples, including this one. This concern was expressed by families and are their words and experience. This is not my opinion or the position of the government of Alberta."

In his remarks to reporters on Friday, Luan said there was "a fine line" between wanting to help, and becoming "an enabler."
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I don't know what the policy is when it comes to policing but when someones flip flopping on the ground or their breathing is near nothing and out, people should not delay calling help without being interrogated or searched other than to simply know what's been injested etc. - so in a sense decriminalize for that only situation.
I think that alone would save many lives.
It's not like there's anything to learn, where the drug dealers are is always the worst kept secret.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

totally agree Bernie..like Luan said...there's a fine line with wanting to help and becoming an enabler..

nobody wants anybody to die but nobody wants to keep watching a loved one die a slow death everyday either..

back to the topic of Safe Drugs for All...won't this type of thinking be exactly the same thing ?? letting an addict push their limits because it would be so easy to get as much as you want ??
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

From the CBC
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5270983

"I've been through 153 overdoses in 12 months. That's directly related to not having an inhalation site [downtown]," said Anamacha, who added that he's been seeking help from Our Place Society, a non-profit organization dedicated to the homeless, for almost three years.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

featfan wrote:From the CBC

"I've been through 153 overdoses in 12 months. That's directly related to not having an inhalation site [downtown]," said Anamacha, who added that he's been seeking help from Our Place Society, a non-profit organization dedicated to the homeless, for almost three years.

153 od's in 12 months way to make mommy proud, everyone else's fault but his hey budz-how
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jsane922
Fledgling

Post by Jsane922 »

featfan wrote:From the CBC

So he's saying that he needs more resources to enable him rather than those resources allocated to help him dry out? If he is truly seeking help with recovery why has he od'd 153 times? Clearly something isn't working.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

what next https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#265621 big pharma looking to make more drugs available on the streets for kids :swear:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pieinthei »

Jsane922 wrote:So he's saying that he needs more resources to enable him rather than those resources allocated to help him dry out? If he is truly seeking help with recovery why has he od'd 153 times? Clearly something isn't working.

obviously he doesn't know the term "know yer limit".. :cuss:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

pieinthei wrote:
Jsane922 wrote:So he's saying that he needs more resources to enable him rather than those resources allocated to help him dry out? If he is truly seeking help with recovery why has he od'd 153 times? Clearly something isn't working.

obviously he doesn't know the term "know yer limit".. :cuss:

shoot up within it.............. :200:
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

What's the definition of OD according to someone with a Naloxone kit?
I would bet that bar is far lower than when a buddy junky decided it was time to call for help.
Seems to me that many OD's your kidneys and everything else just wouldn't function. Are these numbers getting jacked up?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Sep 13th, 2019, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong forum

Return to “B.C.”