Mandatory Training for Truckers

Noisy Boater
Übergod

Re: Mandatory Training for Truckers

Post by Noisy Boater »

dirtybiker wrote: Jan 11th, 2022, 11:39 am What a total embarrassment.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... le-crashes

Can't blame 4 wheelers for anything going on up there now !

I also remember the days that tire chains for highway use was only to get one
off the road.
Not as a requirement to travel on the road.

Regardless. the ounce proud and revered career as 'trucker' has
completely gone to :cuss: !
Am I ever glad I hung up the keys and opted for retirement geezerville only minutes before you said that!! We need an 18 wheeler smilie!!
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Here is quite the read. Not news to anyone long standing in the Industry.
Likely, quite the shocker to those not ingrained in it though.

Corruption to the 10th level.

https://bcbusinessbroker.ca/2019/10/16/ ... 4sgaKdVYSk

Feel safe out there yet ?
Last edited by dirtybiker on Jan 17th, 2022, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Well, that sure keeps the lawyers busy. Payday!!!
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Catsumi wrote: Jan 17th, 2022, 5:29 pm Well, that sure keeps the lawyers busy. Payday!!!

Thing is though, this is a decades old issue, I heard about this stuff
in the early '80's when I was starting out.
But one mention of it and racial accusations sure get flung like
the contents of a full diaper, spattering everything within range.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

What else did you expect?

Bringing into the fray, drivers from other countries with no experience driving big trucks, poorly equipped in English let alone the mysteries of chaining up wheels (don’t mention the footwear….flipflops), and add in the stress of payback to bug overlords that oversee repayment as the ultimate goal, it’s a wonder to me that more trucks aren’t doing the big skid and crash scenario. Truly.

We live in interesting times where those who are able to read road signs, can understand instruction in English, do not choose to work in these industries, but choose instead, to be couch spuds. (They’ve put down roots into home flooring by now). Simply, they choose not to work at all. [icon_lol2.gif]

You were aware of these problems since 1980 DB, but the rest of us weren’t, not until hideous crashes, multiple lawsuits were undertaken, but now we are.

I remember when…..it was a wise choice in clouded circumstance, to get behind a transport truck’s tail and follow him until your turnoff appeared. I thank the driver of 15 years ago that I hung onto, very tired, and wanted only to get home safe, that guided me unwittingly, to my last lap. Nowadays, a truckdriver might send me over a cliff after himself.

Next: How to make this stop?
Last edited by Catsumi on Jan 18th, 2022, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

dirtybiker wrote: Jan 17th, 2022, 1:20 pm Here is quite the read. Not news to anyone long standing in the Industry.

An interesting and somewhat terrifying read.

I live in Kamloops, so I'm on the TCH almost daily. There's hundreds of trucks every day going through town, and Gulzar Trucking is a common one.
I would suggest staying away from their trucks, but really, stay away from all of them.

I watch Highway Thru Hell and often see these young inexperienced drivers from India causing a cluster *bleep* on the Smasher.
Yeah, some don't know how chain up, some aren't allowed to, some seem to want to learn but being stuck on the Smasher isn't the place to learn.

The attached article should be forwarded to every MLA and MP.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
mullyman
Board Meister

Post by mullyman »

dirtybiker wrote: Jan 17th, 2022, 1:20 pm Here is quite the read. Not news to anyone long standing in the Industry.

wow..how do i share this to Facebook?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

mullyman wrote: Jan 18th, 2022, 8:39 am

wow..how do i share this to Facebook?
Well, that is where I copy and pasted it from. [icon_lol2.gif]
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

oldtrucker wrote: Jan 17th, 2022, 9:44 am Over border vax issues now....
We risk our lives for you, our legal futures with liability, our long term health...( did you know we will die 12 years sooner than other non truck driving men?), and our personal/family lives. Why? Why should truck drivers be made to slave in a industry with no employee protections? mickeyD's pays 45$ less per day for the same hours(13-14) with zero chance of any of the bad stuff I listed above. Boyz...DO NOT SERVE THEM ANYMORE....It's not your problem the shelves will be empty. Never was but for some reason you are less than ANY other employee in Canada- your lives mean squat.
Now it's time to turn in the keys boyz...
DEMAND 40/hr plus overtime after 8 hours and double time after 12 hours( hmm... overtime, just like everyone else in Canada?) from your employer.....OR YOU WALK. If they even open their mouths to say "We dont have to pay by the hour or pay overtime according to the law..." Don't even let them finish the sentence. Take the keys out of your pocket, put them on the desk and walk out.

^^ just saw this ad on FB Old Trucker, is it a good offer ??

Good morning! Sysco Kelowna is hiring for:
Class 1 Delivery Drivers
Early morning hours
4x10 schedule
Airbrake certification required
Full time permanent position with benefits after 3 months
$60,000-100,000/year total compensation
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

oldtrucker wrote: Jan 28th, 2022, 2:56 pm
W105 wrote: Jan 28th, 2022, 2:46 pm $60,000-100,000/year total compensation
If it REALLY is 40 hours week and it is 100k then that's 50/hr....awesome deal.
^^ it was just posted and it seems 100% legit :up:
django
Board Meister

Post by django »

If it's anything like it used to be when it was HRI or SYSCO/HRI and I doubt anything has changed other than the name you don't want to work there. They will run you into the ground, putting your own orders together for your customers, load your own trailer, deliver and unload. It's all hand bombing product up and down a ramp or pallet jack. Dealing with customers that complain endlessly that the bananas are too green or too ripe, or they've been shorted on their order or whatever. In and out of back alleys and loading docks dealing with in town traffic and you don't just sign off and go home after eight or ten hours, you keep going until the route is done. The only way you'll do a hundred grand working locally for Sysco is going seven days a week.
I guess if you're looking to get your foot in the door and can't get a break anywhere else go for it, great learning experience. But with the alleged driver shortage I'd tell them you want benefits on day one, lots of companies are forgoing the 90 day wait and have been for years.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

django wrote: Jan 29th, 2022, 5:26 pm [snip[ putting your own orders together for your customers, load your own trailer, deliver and unload. It's all hand bombing product up and down a ramp or pallet jack. Dealing with customers that complain endlessly that the bananas are too green or too ripe, or they've been shorted on their order or whatever. In and out of back alleys and loading docks dealing with in town traffic and you don't just sign off and go home after eight or ten hours, you keep going until the route is done. [snip]
I guess if you're looking to get your foot in the door and can't get a break anywhere else go for it, great learning experience.
Certainly a physical job for sure, being youthful is a benefit as well.

The listing must be for the Regional restaurant part of the gig.
I know the Coastal rounders to get out chicken wings here for Wednesdays( :D )
don't fit the 10 hour schedule.

Many jobs listed as Trucking jobs really have a false narrative.

Many listings are looking for a labourer with a license,
Being a licensed driver is nearly secondary as to actual job expectations.

Rare for there to be injuries associated with the actual driving.
One of the highest work injury related professions there is.

Hmmmm ?
dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dreamon »

django wrote: Jan 29th, 2022, 5:26 pm If it's anything like it used to be when it was HRI or SYSCO/HRI and I doubt anything has changed other than the name you don't want to work there.
I've always considered myself a pretty good driver/operator of pretty much anything.
Those Sysco HRI drivers always impress as to where they manage to back those rigs.

The SBUX on Lakeshore is a great example.
They back into the side alley around the patio having backed down the parking lot dodging Mission Mums who's driving acuity is directly disproportionate to the value of their ride, and amount of fakeness injected into their lips and *bleep*.
dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dreamon »

I so wish the PC woke crowd would take a short walk of a long dock so that we can bring back demographic profiling, as it portrays trends very accurately.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

sad but true
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “B.C.”