ICBC rates. I thought they were going down?

lcpp64
Board Meister

Re: ICBC rates. I thought they were going down?

Post by lcpp64 »

The Title of the Thread Makes me Laugh :130:

I think they talked about them going down, but then there was an election with a NDP majority win,,,,,
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

polelady wrote:HELP HELP re ICBC ... I have a 2007 SUV the wife has the 75% discount.. and they rate me at 25% moved from Alberta and had a drivers abstract commercial class 3 with ZERO tickets or infractions for 15 yrs... ( max the abstract would allow) ho hum... SO from the outrageous Basic Insurance of 1370 PLPD her cost is 637.00 hmmmmm For the last 6 months it was 595.00 SO UP 42.00 Third Party Liability went from 206.00 to 299.00 Comprehensive went from 65.00 to 104.00 SO UP 39.00[/u Yes a cool total increase of 174.00

I am out of words on how this happens ,, and if we every get the discount as promised in MAY... I will eat my shirt if it is more than the increase I just had to pay...
I do not have collision because of the year of the vehicle... hence think not able to buy the other options from any one else..
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Merrry Xmas from ICBC

Not real clear what you are trying to say, except you and your wife are paying more in BC. Of course, not for the same coverage, since Alberta already had No Fault auto insurance.

Driver's abstract.... doesn't affect your cost of insurance in BC. The number of tickets you've received, in BC results in driver penalty points, not an increase in auto insurance costs. You are billed separately for driver penalty points. Private insurance uses tickets as a factor to increase insurance rates, not ICBC. ICBC rates are based on the vehicle, the use of the vehicle, the location of the use, and the claims history of the drivers.

It's very difficult to compare insurance coverage between BC and Alberta. For example virtually nobody in Alberta has glass coverage, in BC it's standard with comprehensive coverage.

Even though AB has implemented a No Fault scheme for liability claims insurance cost in AB still rose. Then the AB government legislated a cap on the increases in auto insurance premiums, such that many auto insurance companies are leaving AB or they are getting very strict on who they will insure and how they will accept payment. ie, full payment in advance. Very limited coverage etc.

In May ICBC is telling us there will be a "rebate" not a discount.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by polelady »

FUDDLE DUDDLE is all I have to say... and yes the abstract does count on the rate...in all provinces...
Just making a point... check your insurance and see if things are UP before we get a rebate and back to almost normal..loll

Return to “B.C.”