More Money than Brains

Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

More Money than Brains

Post by Anonymous123 »

I didn’t quite know if this should be in the humour section or here, but here it is.
Here’s a guy that definitely has more money than brains.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Salmon-Ar ... to-trailer
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: More Money than Brains

Post by vegas1500 »

Anonymous123 wrote:I didn’t quite know if this should be in the humour section or here, but here it is.

Why do you say that? Obviously you don’t understand why this is done, and done quite often.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Whatever doesn’t sink his boat I guess... :laugh:

I’m guessing he isn’t concerned about fuel consumption, the drag on engine was be terrible.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Guys people do this to move their trailer most likely to an area that doesnt have road access. Or they don't have a boat lift and the shoreline is rough. They “lockdown” the trailer on shore and use it park their boat on. Seen it a hundred times....
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

If you have a cabin with no road access and dont want to leave your boat in the water this is what you do a winch to a tree and your boat is safely on your trailer on the beach it looks silly but it works
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Things I didn't know...
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Looks ridiculous but I can see the argument
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by polelady »

Well Well us old boaters learn something new everyday... if it works why not... is my guess.... would be hard on the bearings and rust factor... me thinks..lol
Also good advertising for his Larson bowrider boat... for resale...hehehe
Only in BC,, lol
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

polelady wrote:Well Well us old boaters learn something new everyday... if it works why not... is my guess.... would be hard on the bearings and rust factor... me thinks..lol
Also good advertising for his Larson bowrider boat... for resale...hehehe
Only in BC,, lol

The trailer goes in the water anyway - the boat and trailer is going to boat only access (my guess) - and why would it be any harder regarding bearings and rust factor? Kinda cool solves the problem of trailer storage.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by polelady »

OK I found out the real reason for this picture...
The guy was from Alberta ,, and the Shuswap /Salmon Arm ( CSRD) was putting the strong arm on him.. so his wife backed up the trailer... and heading back to the border,,, and he had to get to his cabin... !!!
She will be joining him in the darkness of the night if she can sneak into BC...lol
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Found another photo of a boat with trailer still attached back in 2016 - and people were making jokes of it.
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

This is actually getting a little concerning for man kind in this country. Not just lack of intelligence but how fast people are willing to get on the band wagon of trying to point out someone else's actions and doing. I hope the guys on the original video are not pilots, doctors or something else of merit. Lack of thinking is scary.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

zoo wrote: I hope the guys on the original video are not pilots, doctors or something else of merit. Lack of thinking is scary.

Why would you think the boat driver has a lack of thinking? He's not the only one that takes the trailer this way to a place where it can't be driven in by road.
ksnosheeple
Fledgling

Post by ksnosheeple »

vegas1500 wrote:
Anonymous123 wrote:I didn’t quite know if this should be in the humour section or here, but here it is.

Why do you say that? Obviously you don’t understand why this is done, and done quite often.

Is it to wash the grease out of the wheel bearings on the trailer? :biggrin:
ksnosheeple
Fledgling

Post by ksnosheeple »

zoo wrote:This is actually getting a little concerning for man kind in this country. Not just lack of intelligence but how fast people are willing to get on the band wagon of trying to point out someone else's actions and doing. I hope the guys on the original video are not pilots, doctors or something else of merit. Lack of thinking is scary.

Saw this, guy with white hair, first thought - How did Joe Biden get across a closed border? [icon_lol2.gif]
https://twitter.com/BobsLessons/status/ ... 4560534528

Return to “B.C.”