Lets go camping in BC, because we have to, and then.......

seewood
Guru

Re: Lets go camping in BC, because we have to, and then.....

Post by seewood »

remember, two sides to every story.
Me thinks if the wood is going to pellets, the stumpage would be .25 a cubic meter. This would indicate the wood for the most part is cull.
Cedar sawlog stumpage may be upwards of $40 or $50 a cubic meter, too much to be ground up and made to pellets.
Interior cedar for the most part is junk , hollow and limby.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

seewood wrote:remember, two sides to every story.
Me thinks if the wood is going to pellets, the stumpage would be .25 a cubic meter. This would indicate the wood for the most part is cull.
Cedar sawlog stumpage may be upwards of $40 or $50 a cubic meter, too much to be ground up and made to pellets.
Interior cedar for the most part is junk , hollow and limby.

Those pellet mills get environmental tax breaks for turning "recycled waste wood" into something useful.

800 year old old growth trees and interior rainforests are not "waste wood" and are obviously worth more to our planet than what you can get out of it if you turned it into woodpellets.

Like I said, it's shameful.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Zoso wrote:
mexi cali wrote:I would suspect that it has to do with the contracts attached to the park wardens or caretakers, whichever is more accurate. They would have a distinct end date.

It's a little like Big White. There have been many years where the snow was spectacular in April but they closed on their original date regardless because the staff were all moving on to different destinations as per their agreement at the start of the season.

I figured it had to do with the mountain not getting any new money rolling in and shutting off the overhead of dealing with seasons pass holders. I’ve been going there for 35 years and always assumed that.

The best camping is after the labor day long weekend. Red plates mostly gone .

Actually it has more to do with their work force which covers the ski season here, but then returns to Australia for the beginning of that season. The owners of Big White have hills here and in Australia.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “B.C.”