100 UBC students accused of cheating on math midterm

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: 100 UBC students accused of cheating on math midterm

Post by the truth »

how many have cheated over the years-thousands-? but end up with a bs degree on there wall, and end up with a job telling people what they do, i have said it a million times, care full people a piece of paper on a wall means nothing,

one simple example https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5650064
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

I'm wondering if the accused cheaters are ones that have to take math 100 as a prerequisite for further studies that don't require calculus. Others that are going into engineering for example, I do hope take math seriously and didn't cheat. I'd never want to drive on a bridge or live below a dam they designed if they can't do math.

Regardless, really dumb thing to do. Expel and keep that precedent for cheating intact.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
plast63
Fledgling

Post by plast63 »

seewood wrote:I'm wondering if the accused cheaters are ones that have to take math 100 as a prerequisite for further studies that don't require calculus. Others that are going into engineering for example, I do hope take math seriously and didn't cheat. I'd never want to drive on a bridge or live below a dam they designed if they can't do math.

Regardless, really dumb thing to do. Expel and keep that precedent for cheating intact.
+100% support. Excellent post.
Staredintoabyss
Board Meister

Post by Staredintoabyss »

the truth wrote:how many have cheated over the years-thousands-? but end up with a bs degree on there wall, and end up with a job telling people what they do, i have said it a million times, care full people a piece of paper on a wall means nothing,

one simple example https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5650064
I half agree. That piece of paper means they have delved deeply into a specialized field of knowledge. The higher the accreditation the more narrow and focused their studies.

So trust their training, wisdom, and experience on that subject within the right lens: but for everything else trust them nomore than you would anyone else.

Return to “B.C.”