15 million worth of free drugs

common_sense_guy
Übergod

15 million worth of free drugs

Post by common_sense_guy »

Four pilot projects in Vancouver and Victoria have received $15 million in federal funding to provide safer drugs for people at risk of dying from overdose.
Maybe a mod can help me find and attack the link.
So there you have it folks, 15 million for free drugs. And nothing's going to happen and nobody's going to be up in arms over rampant over excessive spending to keep drug addicts alive for another couple years. When does the insanity stop? Never it appears. Doesn't 15 million sound like a lot for such a small area?
One bright spot I guess could be a lot of the drug addicts from Kelowna might head down that way knowing they're going to get some free drugs.
How did Society get so off track and how did we as a society allow the politicians to steer that train off track so badly.? And more importantly what can we do now

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/federal-gover ... 05137.html
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: 15 million worth of free drugs

Post by Queen K »

I've said this before, someone high up in the government is profitting off of all the imports of drug supplies from Afghanistan/Pakistan and all the other areas the poppy is grown. They need the addicts to be alive at the end of each day to be end product users the very next day. They need the product to flow, like spice on Dune. No flow, no profits.

Why are troops perpetually in Afghanistan? To prevent the Taliban from exclusively profitting off of the opium extracted and using the funds to blow up schools/churches/enemies and hijacking an entire country friendly to the West.

Trump wanted to pull USA troops out? He didn't understand the grow/harvest/taliban cycle.

Nope, to reduce harm, drugs and their ancillery wet houses, must be provided. Narcon kits and perpetual reviving of the addict must be done to keep the drug products flowing. I often wonder how the numbers of overdose deaths actually harms the supplier or do the pushers just create new end product users as fast as the old ones die.

To reduce harm and make the addict more invisible to the general public, the drugs must be free. Well, not free free, just free to the addict. Not to you and I to the tune of 15 mill.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

And more hard earned money sucked out of the taxpayers to be given out to drug addicts, while these very taxpayers have to fork over even more of their hard earned money to pay for their own prescriptions. :dash:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

This is a better article on the projects . the canadian press is run by rightwing trumpers .

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/g ... 66549.html

i fully support this as it will take the dealers out of the equation and less money will be spent on policing the hard drug trade .
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

You mean just like legalizing Marihuana shut down the illegal growers LOL. Why would anyone but a fool think this would turn out any different as far as the illegal trade would go.

EDIT TO ADD:
Of the "few" people that I know who are marihuana users not one has changed from the supplier they had before legalization.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

Dealers will probably end up getting it from government suppliers then adding fentanyl to it to kick it up a notch the druggies dont want it if it doesnt have maximum potency so nothing will change
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

indianlarry66 wrote:This is a better article on the projects . the canadian press is run by rightwing trumpers .

i fully support this as it will take the dealers out of the equation and less money will be spent on policing the hard drug trade .
Please tell me you don't truly believe you're going to "take the dealers out" and "save money on policing as a result" by supplying drug addicts with pharmaceutical grade drugs. Please. There will be no money saved on policing. Very little if any less overdoses. And it's laughable to think you're going to put a dent in the illegal drug trade.
However what that may do is just make the illegal drugs cheaper. But it's irrational to think you're going to take the Dealer's out by doing that.
I wonder how far that 15 million dollars could have went in those same areas to treat the drug addiction. Could easily figure out how many thousands of dollars to help treat one person for a year. 15 million would go a long way I would say. Instead the government just wants to keep them hooked. And you can bet some government officials somewhere are getting kickbacks. Follow the money
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

Smurf wrote:You mean just like legalizing Marihuana shut down the illegal growers LOL. Why would anyone but a fool think this would turn out any different as far as the illegal trade would go.

EDIT TO ADD:
Of the "few" people that I know who are marihuana users not one has changed from the supplier they had before legalization.

the facts are the blackmarket would take a huge hit , the black market for weed did take a huge hit , because most ppl are buying from the legal stores or growing their own which 4 plants any size is perfectly legal , just like ppl make their own booze and sell it . who cares .

but when it comes to hard drugs we should all care and treat addiction like the medical condition it is instead of a crime .
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

indianlarry66 wrote:This is a better article on the projects . the canadian press is run by rightwing trumpers .

How about we come back here in a year or so a see how the overdoses are doing. I suspect that if they have slowed down it's only because the herd of addicts has been substantially thinned.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup. pretty much
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

bb49 wrote:And more hard earned money sucked out of the taxpayers to be given out to drug addicts, while these very taxpayers have to fork over even more of their hard earned money to pay for their own prescriptions. :dash:
you better believe it.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

We'd be okay with $15 million for cancer treatment, to keep cancer patients alive for another couple of years. But not this.

The life of an addict is worth less than the life of a cancer patient (who presumably is a nice person) but our Government just doesn't seem to understand that.

They do understand that the lives of rich people are worth more than the lives of regular working folk though, so at least there's that.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

JayByrd wrote:We'd be okay with $15 million for cancer treatment, to keep cancer patients alive for another couple of years. But not this.

The life of an addict is worth less than the life of a cancer patient (who presumably is a nice person) but our Government just doesn't seem to understand that.

They do understand that the lives of rich people are worth more than the lives of regular working folk though, so at least there's that.
i see, well i dont smoke or drink so why should i pay towards someones healthcare who does ?
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

indianlarry66 wrote: i see, well i dont smoke or drink so why should i pay towards someones healthcare who does ?
You shouldn't! We should only be taxed for things we personally use or agree with. You submit your list at tax time and are taxed accordingly.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

lol my list would be blank . the thing is i dont mind helping others out when it comes to healthcare . plus if i want my tax money best used then this is the way to go because a dead person is never going to give back while someone who is alive can possibly do just that and more important inspire others to do the same.

Return to “B.C.”