ICBC rebate cheque

smoky500
Fledgling

Re: ICBC rebate cheque

Post by smoky500 »

I have 3 vehicles insured, have received 2 cheques so far, the third car is a lease, say GM Financial on registration but has my address, this is the one I haven't gotten yet. Anybody know how lease vehicles are treated?
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

smoky500 wrote:I have 3 vehicles insured, have received 2 cheques so far, the third car is a lease, say GM Financial on registration but has my address, this is the one I haven't gotten yet. Anybody know how lease vehicles are treated?
Got two cheques a few weeks ago.........one cheque had my name and my wifes name on it so I am assuming it was for the lease vehicle in both our names. The other cheque was just in my name BUT I have TWO vehicles in my name........is there another cheque coming?

........again, ICBC puts NO policy info on the cheques so it is anyones guess what is what when multiple vehicles are insured.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

smoky500 wrote:I have 3 vehicles insured, have received 2 cheques so far, the third car is a lease, say GM Financial on registration but has my address, this is the one I haven't gotten yet. Anybody know how lease vehicles are treated?
You'll receive it too.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

$247.00..cashed into account Not sure how they cipher.

$400.00 was what a less pricey vehicle garnered.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We have 3 vehicles and have only received 1 cheque a few weeks ago.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I just got my renewal notice yesterday, and it said my last odometer reading was 3,864,387 kms. Which is strange because my car hasn't hit 40,000 yet. My tires are good for 80K. my car is 8 years old, that means that I would have had to drive 480,000kms/yr since new.
I am having serious doubts about ICBC's ability to do math.
Bring back the LIKE button.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

alanjh595 wrote:I just got my renewal notice yesterday, and it said my last odometer reading was 3,864,387 kms. Which is strange because my car hasn't hit 40,000 yet. My tires are good for 80K. my car is 8 years old, that means that I would have had to drive 480,000kms/yr since new.
?
How does ICBC know your odometer reading ? (or think it knows your reading)
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

alanjh595 wrote:I just got my renewal notice yesterday, and it said my last odometer reading was 3,864,387 kms. Which is strange because my car hasn't hit 40,000 yet.
Because they read the odometer in decimeters. 3,864,387 decimeters = 38,000 kms.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Never been asked for an ODO reading
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I have - last time guy was like ohhhhh you just missed the discount
Thanks TIPS
Hope I get another cheque. Love surprise money
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Discounts and savings
You can lower your insurance costs by qualifying for our discounts and savings. Your years of driving, the number of vehicles you insure, how you protect your vehicle—these factors and more can pay off with savings on your Autoplan premium.

Open all/Close all
​Low-kilometre discount
We offer a 10 % discount for vehicles that are driven less than 5,000 km in a year.

Who would benefit?
The discount may benefit those who do not regularly use their vehicle, for example, those who only drive on evenings and weekends, use public transportation to commute to school or work during the week, or simply have a second vehicle that’s not used very often.

The discount applies to Basic, Extended Third Party Liability and Collision premiums.

Eligibility
The discount is based on the mileage driven over the last 12 months. This is determined by an odometer reading from the previous policy term, and another at the policy’s renewal a year later.

Only annual policies are eligible for the discount (not short-term policies).

There are certain rate classes that are not eligible, such as motorcycles and collector vehicles because their rate classes already reflect low kilometres travelled as most of these vehicles are not used year round. This discount is meant for those who are in rate classes where the majority of the vehicles are driven longer distances.

Talk to your broker if you have questions about your vehicle’s eligibility.

Collecting odometer readings
If you have a vehicle that may qualify for this discount, you need to provide your vehicle’s odometer reading at the time of your renewal or new policy purchase.

How the discount works
The qualifying period for the discount starts when you provide your Autoplan broker with the first vehicle odometer reading.

In a year’s time, at your annual renewal, the odometer reading will need to be provided again to determine if the vehicle was driven less than 5,000 km during the year. If eligible, the discount will then be applied at that time to your renewed policy. If the vehicle was driven 5,000 km or more, it will not be eligible for the discount.

Providing an odometer reading to your broker
To provide the odometer reading, you will need to show your broker one of the following:

a photo of the vehicle odometer taken within the last seven days
a receipt or work order with an odometer reading dated within the last seven days from either a garage, a mechanic, an auto shop or auto dealership
a reading through a service or app which reports vehicle information and diagnostics, generated within the last seven days.
https://www.icbc.com/insurance/costs/Pa ... vings.aspx
Bring back the LIKE button.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Catsumi wrote:Sussex Ins where I renew my ICBC wants proof of odometer readings either by photo or a quick visit to my ride for a lookee-see.

Now that agent knows me for not being a fabricator, she takes my word that I have driven less than the minimum required to keep “pleasure use only” rate in effect.

Still mystified though at the qualification of “N” drivers on the roads as they rip around our streets like their hair is on fire. No driver-training in evidence
The number of kms you drive doesn't affect your "pleasure use only". It determines if you can take advantage of another discount, ICBC calls "Low-kilometre discount", if you drive less than 5,000 km a year it's worth 10% off most coverages (basic, extended third party liability and collision premiums). It's only available to certain rate classes, it not available for motorcycles, and collector vehicles.

Your agent doesn't have a choice on how they check. ICBC have a set criteria. The agent has to declare that have checked, they can't just say, "we know Catsumi and she wouldn't lie".
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
mistyone

Post by mistyone »

They are only giving one check per household folks no matter how many cars. I got one $400+ check for 2 cars.

Also at work we received a single check on our entire BC fleet.

Sorrry.....that second check is just not coming .
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

my5cents wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:I just got my renewal notice yesterday, and it said my last odometer reading was 3,864,387 kms. Which is strange because my car hasn't hit 40,000 yet. My tires are good for 80K. my car is 8 years old, that means that I would have had to drive 480,000kms/yr since new.
?
How does ICBC know your odometer reading ? (or think it knows your reading)
Last time I renewed my insurance (last October) they asked if I drove under 5000 km a year, they then told me if I say yes they will record my odometer and check it again next time I renew to ensure I did drive under 5k.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I had to provide a photo of my trucks odometer. That's how they know.

I am also getting a rebate from BelAir Dirrect. :up:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!

Return to “B.C.”