ICBC rebate cheque

squash junky
Fledgling

Re: Whoohoo! I got a cheque

Post by squash junky »

outtawind wrote: Jul 30th, 2021, 1:39 pm

HA!... I TRIPLED your cash haul... .just got mine... $3.00. "Jeepers" (insert your own language there). We have TWO vehicles, three trailers and two boats. THREE DOLLARS. Holy smokin' mcnuggets bat-man! Even ONE of the two vehicles policy is >$1,000 per year. You have, absolutely, GOT TO BE KIDDING ME ICBC. All you can do is sit back and laugh.

Stamps cost 92 cents. The postage needed to send me $3.00 cost 30% of the amount sent. How this train-wreck of a high-as-a-kite, monkey-managed, organization is allowed to exist is beyond all comprehension.

Corruption at its greatest!
:200: no no no icbc does not insure boats :-) If they did I surely would have had 50ct$ more for 2 of those
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

squash junky wrote: Jul 31st, 2021, 6:49 pm :200: no no no icbc does not insure boats :-) If they did I surely would have had 50ct$ more for 2 of those
I guess ICBC could create a policy where anything under ten dollars is credited to your account to be deducted from your next insurance purchase, then someone would say "Ya but what if I move to Alberta I won't need that money in an ICBC account".

To tell you that, ICBC would have to send you a letter, again there's that mailing cost.

If they asked everyone for their email address, there'd be some that would complain that they don't have an email address (yes, they are out there).

ICBC can't win.

Oh, and so the day is not a complete loss, squash junky, I have a gift for you. When you said "If they did I surely would have had 50ct$ more for 2 of those" I gather the "50ct$" was meant to represent "fifty cents".

It's done this way.... "5", "0" (then hold down the <alt key> while entering) "0", "1", "6", "2", making "50¢".
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
squash junky
Fledgling

Post by squash junky »

my5cents wrote: Aug 1st, 2021, 9:33 am
Oh, and so the day is not a complete loss, squash junky, I have a gift for you. When you said "If they did I surely would have had 50ct$ more for 2 of those" I gather the "50ct$" was meant to represent "fifty cents".

It's done this way.... "5", "0" (then hold down the <alt key> while entering) "0", "1", "6", "2", making "50¢".
nah, I just copied yours :130: :biggrin:
¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

squash junky wrote: Aug 2nd, 2021, 10:00 am nah, I just copied yours :130: :biggrin:
¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢
Just trying to help you broaden your horizons. :130:
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
crookedmember
Banned

Re: ICBC rebate cheque

Post by crookedmember »

Just gonna guess here that those of you complaining about tiny refunds didn't have your vehicles insured at the old rates between October 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.

I did, and my 2 refunds are a total of $200 for a car, and $0 for a motorcycle that wasn't insured during the period.

Furthermore, using the calculator at the ICBC site, when I reinsure in October, my insurance will be 38% lower than last year.

I'm not ICBC's biggest fan, but I'm pretty sure they applied these rebates fairly and to everyone.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

crookedmember wrote: Aug 3rd, 2021, 9:21 am Just gonna guess here that those of you complaining about tiny refunds didn't have your vehicles insured at the old rates between October 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.

I did, and my 2 refunds are a total of $200 for a car, and $0 for a motorcycle that wasn't insured during the period.

Furthermore, using the calculator at the ICBC site, when I reinsure in October, my insurance will be 38% lower than last year.

I'm not ICBC's biggest fan, but I'm pretty sure they applied these rebates fairly and to everyone.
Your thinking is worrisome... Here is my take on your mindset...
you give someone $100 for painting your house, it took half the time and half the material to do the job, 80% of the other companies that do that kind of work would give back 35 to 45% back, BUT your painter only gives you $10. That is what ICBC has done :(
Which bring on the other thing I hate about the rebate "roll-out"... we give them money on a specific date "or else, bam INTEREST PAYMENTS!" but ICBC takes their sweet time giving what they owe us.
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
squash junky
Fledgling

Post by squash junky »

crookedmember wrote: Aug 3rd, 2021, 9:21 am Just gonna guess here that those of you complaining about tiny refunds didn't have your vehicles insured at the old rates between October 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
Keep on guessing :-)
with 4 cars, 2 boat trailers, 1 utility trailer... ok, 1 of the cars was not insured in the winter.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

squash junky wrote: Aug 8th, 2021, 6:38 pm
Keep on guessing :-)
with 4 cars, 2 boat trailers, 1 utility trailer... ok, 1 of the cars was not insured in the winter.
All coverage with ICBC ? Optional and basic ?
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

I have 2 vehicles both insured with ICBC for basic and optional coverages. Just received another rebate cheque this week for $193 ($100 for first vehicle, $93 for second). Also, my new insurance rates for the upcoming year for both vehicles went down roughly 35% each.

Still not a fan of ICBC by any means but better in my pocket than in theirs.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

I renewed mine the other day and my payment went from $1314 to $955.
I'm happy with that.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Deposited an ICBC refund cheque for $4.00 today. :biggrin:

Others were larger though and my truck insurance is about $400.00 less this year. :up:
I am not wealthy but I am rich
shec8

Post by shec8 »

my cheque was for$1.00
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

shec8 wrote: Aug 14th, 2021, 7:04 pm my cheque was for$1.00
Donate it to a political party. :biggrin:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Nooby
Übergod

Post by Nooby »

Renewal this year July 31 was considerably less, and we got our (final) rebate of $70.00 last week.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

$40.00, cheque printed July 8, 2021, arrived today!!!

Return to “B.C.”