Remain in your health region

Remain in your health region

Postby luckyd » May 4th, 2021, 2:08 pm

I am seeing vehicles with plates from other provinces running around town.
I guess they are ignoring the signs at the border.

I went to a lake yesterday to "try to catch fish".
There was a forestry campground there with five trailers.
As I was getting my boat ready, one of the men approached me and asked
if any lakes were actually yielding any results. He said he was from the lower
mainland and there were three of them travelling together. He stated that they
left the coast "BEFORE" the order came out. He asked about a different lake
that also had a forestry campsite.
When I returned from fishing another fellow came over and told me that the group
arrived a couple of days ago and were going from lake to lake with forestry campsites
just so they would not be told to return to the mainland.

I had been told this would happen if they could not book sites, but was surprised to see it.
Obviously the government can come out with orders. with NO WAY TO ENFORCE THEM.

It is understandable why the Okanagan area gets upset with all the people coming through.
luckyd
 
Posts: 10
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 20 posts
Joined: May 2nd, 2015, 6:10 am

Re: Remain in your health region

Postby typhoon44 » May 4th, 2021, 2:13 pm

luckyd wrote:I am seeing vehicles with plates from other provinces running around town.
I guess they are ignoring the signs at the border.

I went to a lake yesterday to "try to catch fish".
There was a forestry campground there with five trailers.
As I was getting my boat ready, one of the men approached me and asked
if any lakes were actually yielding any results. He said he was from the lower
mainland and there were three of them travelling together. He stated that they
left the coast "BEFORE" the order came out. He asked about a different lake
that also had a forestry campsite.
When I returned from fishing another fellow came over and told me that the group
arrived a couple of days ago and were going from lake to lake with forestry campsites
just so they would not be told to return to the mainland.

I had been told this would happen if they could not book sites, but was surprised to see it.
Obviously the government can come out with orders. with NO WAY TO ENFORCE THEM.

It is understandable why the Okanagan area gets upset with all the people coming through.

What do you suggest? Enforcement squads roaming the province arresting people?
typhoon44
Übergod
 
Posts: 1248
Likes: 107 posts
Liked in: 557 posts
Joined: Sep 24th, 2017, 11:23 am

Re: Remain in your health region

Postby OKkayak » May 4th, 2021, 2:36 pm

Meh, better to come up with orders and have the majority of people abide by them vs nothing at all :up:
Last edited by OKkayak on May 4th, 2021, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Conspiracy Theories are a way for idiots to feel like intellectuals."

- David Baddiel

2 people like this post.
User avatar
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11435
Likes: 12657 posts
Liked in: 19518 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 11:10 pm
Location: Sabbatical

Re: Remain in your health region

Postby Even Steven » May 4th, 2021, 2:38 pm

luckyd wrote:It is understandable why the Okanagan area gets upset with all the people coming through.


We're Florida of Canada.
Even Steven
Guru
 
Posts: 5181
Likes: 448 posts
Liked in: 4506 posts
Joined: Mar 24th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Re: Remain in your health region

Postby BC Landlord » May 4th, 2021, 7:04 pm

The last of my worries would be someone camping at forestry places.

3 people like this post.
BC Landlord
Übergod
 
Posts: 1071
Likes: 400 posts
Liked in: 962 posts
Joined: Jul 15th, 2019, 2:18 pm

Re: Remain in your health region

Postby mexi cali » May 4th, 2021, 8:50 pm

BC Landlord wrote:The last of my worries would be someone camping at forestry places.


Sorry, couldn't help it.

"least"
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

4 people like this post.
User avatar
mexi cali
Guru
 
Posts: 7864
Likes: 4927 posts
Liked in: 6730 posts
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 2:48 pm

Re: Remain in your health region

Postby vegas1500 » May 4th, 2021, 10:15 pm

luckyd wrote:I am seeing vehicles with plates from other provinces running around town.
I guess they are ignoring the signs at the border.

I went to a lake yesterday to "try to catch fish".
There was a forestry campground there with five trailers.
As I was getting my boat ready, one of the men approached me and asked
if any lakes were actually yielding any results. He said he was from the lower
mainland and there were three of them travelling together. He stated that they
left the coast "BEFORE" the order came out. He asked about a different lake
that also had a forestry campsite.
When I returned from fishing another fellow came over and told me that the group
arrived a couple of days ago and were going from lake to lake with forestry campsites
just so they would not be told to return to the mainland.

I had been told this would happen if they could not book sites, but was surprised to see it.
Obviously the government can come out with orders. with NO WAY TO ENFORCE THEM.

It is understandable why the Okanagan area gets upset with all the people coming through.


Who cares....go about your own business and let others do what they want. Camping in the bush seems like a pretty good idea these days.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2212
Likes: 6304 posts
Liked in: 3126 posts
Joined: Aug 4th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Re: Remain in your health region

Postby normaM » May 5th, 2021, 8:03 am

Campers, serial killers roaming looking for victims.. either way they were supposed to stay in their own petri dish
You can try and dirty my name, but I'll wear your hate like war paint

3 people like this post.
User avatar
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 25806
Likes: 22805 posts
Liked in: 17558 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2007, 7:28 am

Re: Remain in your health region

Postby 2manyfords » May 5th, 2021, 8:29 am

normaM wrote:Campers, serial killers roaming looking for victims.. either way they were supposed to stay in their own petri dish



Sorry Norma, but I have to disagree. This is bush camping being discussed. Not a farmers market.
Out there, the only reason you would "bump" into someone, is if you chose to. Most visit forestry sites to get away from people, myself included pandemic or not.

So it's really not the same as visiting in town tourist attractions. Let them be... :up:
Some people should just stay self isolated...

vegas1500 likes this post.
2manyfords
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 874
Likes: 694 posts
Liked in: 787 posts
Joined: Aug 29th, 2009, 8:22 am

Re: Remain in your health region

Postby mexi cali » May 5th, 2021, 8:33 am

Let them be, let them be. Let them be oh let them be. Roasting all beef wieners, let them be, eeee.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

3 people like this post.
User avatar
mexi cali
Guru
 
Posts: 7864
Likes: 4927 posts
Liked in: 6730 posts
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 2:48 pm

Re: Remain in your health region

Postby typhoon44 » May 5th, 2021, 8:43 am

Drunk and huddled is the problem. It'll happen in the bush if people are dumb. People that ignore the health restrictions are by definition dumb so are a problem. Unfortunately there's really nothing that can be done. No one is enforcing bush gatherings and it would be unsafe for the average person to try.

Merry likes this post.
typhoon44
Übergod
 
Posts: 1248
Likes: 107 posts
Liked in: 557 posts
Joined: Sep 24th, 2017, 11:23 am

Re: Remain in your health region

Postby 2manyfords » May 5th, 2021, 8:50 am

typhoon44 wrote:Drunk and huddled is the problem. It'll happen in the bush if people are dumb. People that ignore the health restrictions are by definition dumb so are a problem. Unfortunately there's really nothing that can be done. No one is enforcing bush gatherings and it would be unsafe for the average person to try.


Perhaps the CO's need their job description and enforcement re-evaluated?
Doubt they signed up for that.
Seeing as how non-tidal fishing licences are provincial wide, they cant even nail for that.
Some people should just stay self isolated...
2manyfords
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 874
Likes: 694 posts
Liked in: 787 posts
Joined: Aug 29th, 2009, 8:22 am

Re: Remain in your health region

Postby typhoon44 » May 5th, 2021, 8:55 am

2manyfords wrote:
typhoon44 wrote:Drunk and huddled is the problem. It'll happen in the bush if people are dumb. People that ignore the health restrictions are by definition dumb so are a problem. Unfortunately there's really nothing that can be done. No one is enforcing bush gatherings and it would be unsafe for the average person to try.


Perhaps the CO's need their job description and enforcement re-evaluated?
Doubt they signed up for that.
Seeing as how non-tidal fishing licences are provincial wide, they cant even nail for that.

How many COs per 1000sq kms? I'd rather have them focus on Poachers and Polluters. Of course they can nail you for fishing without a licence.
typhoon44
Übergod
 
Posts: 1248
Likes: 107 posts
Liked in: 557 posts
Joined: Sep 24th, 2017, 11:23 am

Re: Remain in your health region

Postby 2manyfords » May 5th, 2021, 11:17 am

typhoon44 wrote:How many COs per 1000sq kms? I'd rather have them focus on Poachers and Polluters. Of course they can nail you for fishing without a licence.


That's kinda what i was getting at.
It would be a waste of resources for them to "police" this particular restriction.
I would love it if they had the resources to crackdown on the bushparties. They are pretty much the only campers in the back country that would cause the problems in the first place, be it littering, huge fires during a ban, makeshift gun ranges, etc...
Some people should just stay self isolated...
2manyfords
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 874
Likes: 694 posts
Liked in: 787 posts
Joined: Aug 29th, 2009, 8:22 am

Re: Remain in your health region

Postby dakoda62 » May 7th, 2021, 6:35 am

If you don't like it, stay home.
dakoda62
Fledgling
 
Posts: 199
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 166 posts
Joined: Aug 2nd, 2008, 9:38 am


Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest