Supply Chain

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Supply Chain

Post by Fancy »

And what about the ones that were stuck? It's not the stores' fault.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Samiam123
Banned

Post by Samiam123 »

Fancy wrote: Nov 19th, 2021, 9:56 am And what about the ones that were stuck? It's not the stores' fault.
Stuck where? Was there some transport truck convention in Hope that I was not aware of? All truckers in all of BC and Alberta were not all stuck in Hope.
Last edited by Samiam123 on Nov 19th, 2021, 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Samiam123 wrote: Nov 19th, 2021, 12:03 pm
Fancy wrote: Nov 19th, 2021, 9:56 am And what about the ones that were stuck? It's not the stores' fault.
Stuck where? Was there some transport truck convention in Hope that I was not aware of? All truckers in all of BC were not all stuck in Hope.
I guessing you are not aware there is a serious shortage of transport truck drivers, hell there is more then enough trucks.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Samiam123
Banned

Post by Samiam123 »

GordonH wrote: Nov 19th, 2021, 12:10 pm
Samiam123 wrote: Nov 19th, 2021, 12:03 pm

Stuck where? Was there some transport truck convention in Hope that I was not aware of? All truckers in all of BC and Alberta were not all stuck in Hope.
I guessing you are not aware there is a serious shortage of transport truck drivers, hell there is more then enough trucks.
Did a bunch of them suddenly quit last week? Walk me through your logic where this sudden additional shortage, which was not there a week ago, came from.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Samiam123 wrote: Nov 19th, 2021, 12:14 pm
GordonH wrote: Nov 19th, 2021, 12:10 pm

Did a bunch of them suddenly quit last week? Walk me through your logic where this sudden additional shortage, which was not there a week ago, came from.
Just take a long look at the backlog of container ships at pretty well every port in North America.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Samiam123 wrote: Nov 19th, 2021, 12:03 pm Stuck where? Was there some transport truck convention in Hope that I was not aware of? All truckers in all of BC and Alberta were not all stuck in Hope.
Try reading the news.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6251759
https://globalnews.ca/news/8377755/truc ... -flooding/
https://globalnews.ca/news/8382421/bc-h ... ers-limbo/
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

You'll see most of the major grocery chains with very well stocked shelves this weekend. Some are likely already in much better shape than they were yesterday. The empty shelves were 100% caused by panic buying, not a shortage of food or supply chain issues. It just takes a day or two to get trucks loaded in Alberta and sent to BC.

There's no need to panic.
Last edited by Jonrox on Nov 19th, 2021, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samiam123
Banned

Post by Samiam123 »

Jonrox wrote: Nov 19th, 2021, 12:33 pm You'll see most of the major grocery chains with very well stocked shelves this weekend. Some are likely already in much better shape than they were yesterday. No need to panic.
As long as they don't allow people to hoard. That was partly to blame as well.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Samiam123 wrote: Nov 19th, 2021, 12:35 pm
Jonrox wrote: Nov 19th, 2021, 12:33 pm You'll see most of the major grocery chains with very well stocked shelves this weekend. Some are likely already in much better shape than they were yesterday. No need to panic.
As long as they don't allow people to hoard. That was partly to blame as well.
Not partly... those shoppers are fully to blame. Supply chain issues didn't factor into the empty shelves at all. The grocery chains just needed some time to be able to react to the irrational behaviour of shoppers.
Samiam123
Banned

Post by Samiam123 »

Fancy wrote: Nov 19th, 2021, 12:23 pm
Samiam123 wrote: Nov 19th, 2021, 12:03 pm Stuck where? Was there some transport truck convention in Hope that I was not aware of? All truckers in all of BC and Alberta were not all stuck in Hope.
Try reading the news.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6251759
https://globalnews.ca/news/8377755/truc ... -flooding/
https://globalnews.ca/news/8382421/bc-h ... ers-limbo/
And? Walking me through your logic. Where were all these truckers stuck exactly. Like, oh I don't know, say the ones in Vancouver getting ready to take their loads to the interior. Not the ones coming back on the return trip. Also, I hear they have roads in the US last time I checked. Maybe I am wrong about that idk. You think maybe, and I'm just spitballing here, they could like go down there in order to get back to Vancouver. Sure, it will take twice as long, but it's another option at least.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Samiam123 wrote: Nov 19th, 2021, 12:39 pm And? Walking me through your logic. Where were all these truckers stuck exactly. Like, oh I don't know, say the ones in Vancouver getting ready to take their loads to the interior. Not the ones coming back on the return trip. Also, I hear they have roads in the US last time I checked. Maybe I am wrong about that idk. You think maybe, and I'm just spitballing here, they could like go down there in order to get back to Vancouver. Sure, it will take twice as long, but it's another option at least.
Was going through the States an option considering the expense of a covid test? Amazing all those truckers didn't think of a route through the U.S.
The trucks travelling through the U.S. will enter B.C. through northwest Washington state.

Questions about how many drivers will travel through the U.S., border waiting times and how relief drivers are provided for those who’ve hit their drive time limits are still being worked out, said Wilson and Chris Nash, president of Alberta Motor Transport Association.
https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... ted-states
Last edited by Fancy on Nov 19th, 2021, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Not all items can transit through the US even if they go in bond. It may not make sense to everyone, but a lot of items can't just be put on a truck, sent into the US, and then come back into Canada almost immediately... even if they're put in bond. There are very strict rules that CFIA and CBSA have to follow when it comes to cross-border shipping... and unfortunately the rules can't instantly be changed just because there's an emergency. There can be issues with phytosanitary certificates, import/export regulations, import/export permits, etc...

The other issue is that even if trucks can be sent in bond, there's a lack of bonded drivers since generally they wouldn't need to be, so not all that many are.

This process is much easier with hard goods than it is with food.
Last edited by Jonrox on Nov 19th, 2021, 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Samiam123
Banned

Post by Samiam123 »

Fancy wrote: Nov 19th, 2021, 12:41 pm
Was going through the States an option considering the expense of a covid test?
They talked about it on the news. They said no passports or vaccine certs were required. At least for regular motorists.

They never said anything about transport truckers other than the fact they were looking into it. I suspect there may some sort of announcement on that soon. I don't think just getting #3 partly opened by this weekend is going to cut it. Maybe you can go find more of those links of yours.
Last edited by Samiam123 on Nov 19th, 2021, 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Samiam123 wrote: Nov 19th, 2021, 9:45 am Why are the shelves still bare? This should have been corrected day 1. They can send trucks through the US, they can bring in stuff from Calgary. I don't understand why they are sitting around waiting (hoping) for existing routes to open. Costco told me they are limiting the amount of medication they are giving out now. That should NEVER be allowed to happen. No way no how. Something like that they could fly in if they had to. People are dropping the ball on how slow they seem to be reacting to the supply chain. No, I don't buy the excuse that it takes time. There is NO excuse for stores having to limit medication. None!
Sounds like you have all the supply chain issues solved from the comfort of your armchair. Good for you. :up:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Samiam123 wrote: Nov 19th, 2021, 12:44 pm Maybe you can go find more of those links of yours.
Not "my" links.

Return to “B.C.”