Tmx Has Caused Delays On itself

captkirkcanada
Banned

Tmx Has Caused Delays On itself

Post by captkirkcanada »

In its submissions, first reported by Burnaby Beacon in early December, Trans Mountain cited its experience with the City of Burnaby frustrating its work by taking too long with permitting. Earlier this year, the CER ruled that Trans Mountain could circumvent a section of Burnaby’s tree bylaw.

Trans Mountain argued the city is similarly arbitrarily bogging down the process to prevent work on the pipeline expansion.

But in his affidavit, first reported by National Observer, Bowcock said the refusal to provide permits on the basis of the fire lanes is about safety.

“As fire chief, I view these requirements as the basic minimum standard for commercial and industrial development projects,” he wrote.

“For developments with a higher level of fire risk, such as a storage site for hydrocarbons, I would prefer to see more robust fire access standards (wider fire lanes and turning radii).”

Bowcock wrote that he was speaking from 15 years of experience “working in all aspects of hydrocarbon facility emergency response and emergency management across North America.”

Trans Mountain is, as part of its pipeline expansion project, looking to add a dozen new tanks, on top of the 12 that already exist.

Because Trans Mountain has its own fire response plan for the tank farm, the Crown corporation argued it didn’t need to rely on Burnaby fire crews.

But Eugene Kung, a staff lawyer with West Coast Environmental Law, noted in an interview earlier this month that it’s “not like a fire is going to respect the property line of Trans Mountain when it’s raging out of control.”

https://burnabybeacon.com/article/tmx-t ... ire-lanes/

Talk about self cucking
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Tmx Has Caused Delays On itself

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

It is well known that the city of Burnaby has done everything in its power, and outside of it, to delay work on TMX.
I do suspect that there is more to this story than what this media outlet is telling us.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

bb49 wrote: Jan 4th, 2022, 3:58 pm It is well known that the city of Burnaby has done everything in its power, and outside of it, to delay work on TMX.
I do suspect that there is more to this story than what this media outlet is telling us.
The bylaws regarding fire safety is public knowledge. it is black or white. compliance or non compliance.Simple
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

More self induced delays that could have real adverse penalties for the project.

The federal Crown corporation building the Trans Mountain Pipeline expansion has been handed a seven-day deadline to answer tough questions about soil stability, drilling method, and environmental impacts after proposing to redrill and reroute part of a 1.5-kilometre tunnel beneath the Fraser River, an iconic salmon-bearing waterway near the Lower Mainland population centre of Coquitlam.

In a notice yesterday to Trans Mountain legal representative Jeremy Barretto of Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP, the Canadian Energy Regulator (CER) gave [PDF] Trans Mountain a January 13 deadline to respond to concerns filed by environmental campaigners, most of them associated with a coalition challenging the redrill request.

In a separate notice, the federal regulator asked [PDF] the company for a “detailed response” to the campaigners’ concerns about the “design and feasibility of the proposed revised route”, as well as the extent of its engagement with Indigenous communities in the area.

Trans Mountain announced in late December that it must redrill 332 metres of the tunnel under construction, shifting the path about eight metres to the east. The announcement cited “mechanical failure” and “drill pipe failed” as TMX’s reasoning for the change. The coalition maintains the problem stems from a lack of soil testing along the route of the crossing, and the use of a drilling method known as horizontal direct drilling (HDD).

“Taken with the other issues at this location—sinkholes that threatened the lives of motorists; the release of a cubic metre of drilling fluid into the river—the announcement [implies] the application of trial and error and refreshes concerns about the risks of this project and its management,” the coalition release states. “In the case of this segment of the 1,150-kilometre new pipeline, the world’s greatest salmon-producing river is at risk.”

https://www.theenergymix.com/2022/01/06 ... -crossing/
Harm Reduction Is Cool
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jan 14th, 2022, 1:07 pm More self induced delays that could have real adverse penalties for the project.
Let's hope there are no adverse penalties. This is an important pipeline and is great for Canada. :up:
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

OMG. There is a small number of people still trying to push anti-TMX rhetoric, so as to rather sell Canada’s oil to the south at a 25% discount. Discounted cost oil will actually increase the use of oil, so by selling our oil at 100% of world market value via TMX, less oil will be demanded. As well without TMX, in effort to get 100% of world price, a steady stream of long tanker trains would restart precariously and exponentially more dangerously follow along the many rivers and municipalities to the coast.
TMX gets Canada oil 100% of world price, contributes more taxes to social programs, FN revenue, reduces demand by not selling south at a deep discount, and keeps the oil out of train wrecks in rivers, by safely and efficiently using an underground steel pipe. If anything, true environmentalists should be supporting TMX!

The root of the world environmental problem, is rapid population expansion. That is what needs to be focused on. More population = more resources demand.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Tmx tunnel under the fraser river has collapsed and they cant explain to the regulator .

https://www.stoptmx.ca/press-releases/
Harm Reduction Is Cool
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jan 18th, 2022, 8:01 am Tmx tunnel under the fraser river has collapsed and they cant explain to the regulator .
So, go drill/bore another hole.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jan 18th, 2022, 8:01 am Tmx tunnel under the fraser river has collapsed and they cant explain to the regulator .

Why is that the only site reporting this "collapse"?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

bb49 wrote: Jan 18th, 2022, 2:56 pm

Why is that the only site reporting this "collapse"?
Great question. i don't have an answer. if you find one please post :130:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

I see Libs have suddenly pulled funding on half-finished TMX, yet within just over a year the completed TMX would contribute massive tax and royalty revenues, secure higher world-pricing for Canadian oil, would keep dangerous oil-tanker trains away from waterways and cities, as well as continue to employ over 12,000 workers into next year, plus ongoing employment. A system that with little operating cost will still be safely operable 50-years from now. A half-complete pipe is of no value, and 12b write-off if not completed by some other entity.
(Interesting that the Northern Crossing gas pipeline project was sabotaged, on almost the same day Freeland made the announcement about pulling TMX funding)

Yet at the same time, the Feds are continuing to fund construction of ships that are projected now at over 3-times over budget, with negative revenue when done. Why continue to fund over-budget ships, but not TMX, that was subjected to costly floods, Covid, re-routing, and blockades?
Attachments
7743C33E-0CC7-4C8C-8DC6-575085F348F3.jpeg
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

nepal wrote: Feb 24th, 2022, 2:17 pm .
I see Libs have suddenly pulled funding on half-finished TMX, yet within just over a year the completed TMX would contribute massive tax and royalty revenues, secure higher world-pricing for Canadian oil, would keep dangerous oil-tanker trains away from waterways and cities, as well as continue to employ over 12,000 workers into next year, plus ongoing employment. A system that with little operating cost will still be safely operable 50-years from now. A half-complete pipe is of no value, and 12b write-off if not completed by some other entity.
(Interesting that the Northern Crossing gas pipeline project was sabotaged, on almost the same day Freeland made the announcement about pulling TMX funding)

Yet at the same time, the Feds are continuing to fund construction of ships that are projected now at over 3-times over budget, with negative revenue when done. Why continue to fund over-budget ships, but not TMX, that was subjected to costly floods, Covid, re-routing, and blockades?
Irving.

That’s the name you are looking for. Big financial supporters of, guess who?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Catsumi wrote: Feb 24th, 2022, 5:59 pm

Irving.

That’s the name you are looking for. Big financial supporters of, guess who?
Irving?
Don't they have the largest oil refinery in Canada?

Oh, but to feed it with Canadian oil, that would require a pipeline.

Oh well, keep on buying that foreign crude.

#StandUpToJewishHate
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

oil n gas is not even 10 percent of canadas gross domestic product , it could literly stop tommorow and we wouldnt skip a beat .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

captkirkcanada wrote: Feb 24th, 2022, 8:14 pm
oil n gas is not even 10 percent of canadas gross domestic product , it could literly stop tommorow and we wouldnt skip a beat .
This is literally total garbage. Go and try and harvest 5,000 acres of grain without oil and gas. Good luck starving. How can people be this totally clued out about how our economy works? Why do people want others to starve and suffer, all in the name of a fairy tale? It's just so awful.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “B.C.”