B.C. Pulls Russian Liquor

Keepingit4real
Fledgling

B.C. Pulls Russian Liquor

Post by Keepingit4real »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/361203 ... in-Ukraine

Unless this was a sanction order, why? It only punishes local consumers and retailer.

Retailers have already paid “Russia” for any product delivered or en-route.
The real squeeze on Russia is not not REORDER. Why pull product you paid for?
Might as well ask all consumers to pour out their vodka at home.
But it looks good in the news. “we are helping”
How?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: B.C. Pulls Russian Liquor

Post by Catsumi »

^^^^. Well nailed. :up:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Keepingit4real wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 11:43 pm https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/361203 ... in-Ukraine

Unless this was a sanction order, why? It only punishes local consumers and retailer.

How?
why would anyone purchase products from a melomaniac nutcase like putin? canada makes vodka better than russian horse :cuss: . i look at it as a way to promote canada made alcohol instead of russian swill that tastes like kerosene :smt045
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

captkirkcanada wrote: Feb 26th, 2022, 9:22 am
Keepingit4real wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 11:43 pm https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/361203 ... in-Ukraine

How?
why would anyone purchase products from a melomaniac nutcase like putin? canada makes vodka better than russian horse :cuss: . i look at it as a way to promote canada made alcohol instead of russian swill that tastes like kerosene :smt045
Megalomaniac. And yes he is.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

How?
Why not leave the product on the shelf and let the consumer decide?

As for Russian swill, you were probably buying the cheapest vodka on the shelf.
No different then cheap Canadian swill, or cheap Mexican swill.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

How?
Correct.
And you know what the LDB will do with the products that they pull off the shelves, products already paid for?
Down the drain. Every drop, because the supplier can't be forced to take them back.

Money down the drain.

Best to have cut off purchasing and left the product on the shelf until it was gone.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

I laughed when I read this story. Typical knee-jerk reaction from a company who wants to pretend they care. Virtue signalling at its finest. I'm pretty sure Putin isn't the one they're making and selling the Vodka personally so all they're doing is hurting some other Russian business person.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

common_sense_guy wrote: Feb 26th, 2022, 9:58 am I laughed when I read this story. Typical knee-jerk reaction from a company who wants to pretend they care. Virtue signalling at its finest. I'm pretty sure Putin isn't the one they're making and selling the Vodka personally so all they're doing is hurting some other Russian business person.
that's the point, same as sanctions, to put heat on the population to react negative against the leader, in this case putin. i think it will work, because if it doesnt , the russian ppl will be lumped in with all of history's bad guys . i'm pretty sure they want to avoid living like ppl in north korea do. :smt045
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
RUEZ
Fledgling

Post by RUEZ »

How?
Part of it is out of respect and solidarity with Ukrainian people. Canada has a lot of descendants living here
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

RUEZ wrote: Feb 26th, 2022, 10:54 am Part of it is out of respect and solidarity with Ukrainian people. Canada has a lot of descendants living here
I would think most of this is exactly that, support for the Ukrainian people living here and abroad.

The few bottles of Russian vodka I hope they pour down the drain is a pittance( $$) to what the LCB brings in per day.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

How?

:smt045 https://www.bcspirits.com/blog/2020/4/22/viking-vodka
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

captkirkcanada wrote: Feb 26th, 2022, 10:18 am
common_sense_guy wrote: Feb 26th, 2022, 9:58 am I laughed when I read this story. Typical knee-jerk reaction from a company who wants to pretend they care. Virtue signalling at its finest. I'm pretty sure Putin isn't the one they're making and selling the Vodka personally so all they're doing is hurting some other Russian business person.
that's the point, same as sanctions, to put heat on the population to react negative against the leader, in this case putin. i think it will work, because if it doesnt , the russian ppl will be lumped in with all of history's bad guys . i'm pretty sure they want to avoid living like ppl in north korea do. :smt045
exactly..........
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Your argument is completely laughable. This is my opinion. If you think putting pressure on somebody just trying to make a living in Russia is going to put any pressure on Putin then you really have no grasp of who he is or what his regime is about. This is a leader who has no qualms about killing his own people. The people of Russia do not have any influence on what Putin wants to do. Trust me on that one
I just thought of another point I would make to you to better illustrate the uselessness of this move and prove it's only social justice virtue signalling. So all these other leaders and people of power that are calling Trudeau a tyrant for what he did with the emergencies Act, do you think if those countries did similar things to our winegrowers here in BC, do you think that would have any sway on an egotistical person like Trudeau.? Yes them boycotting our wine industry or our fruit industry would really make Trudeau think twice wouldn't it. LOL. I'll answer that for you. No. It'll only hurt the members of the community that are trying to make a living and have absolutely no effect on the person in power. So knowing that are you really doing anything to help besides virtue signalling. Again that's a no
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

So I'm happy you showed your true colours. You seem to be the type of person who will lump innocent people in with their egomaniac leaders for something their leader has done and is out of their control.
I don't know where to begin to explain how morally wrong this is. By your logic you then must think all German people deserve to get painted with the same brush as Hitler.. if you had a family member that did something horrific , would you like to be lumped into the same category as them? would that then be justified in your eyes to shame you for something that was out of your control. Guilty By Association does nothing. It's wrong morally
YzzzR1
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by YzzzR1 »

common_sense_guy wrote: Feb 26th, 2022, 11:53 am
So I'm happy you showed your true colours. You seem to be the type of person who will lump innocent people in with their egomaniac leaders for something their leader has done and is out of their control.
I don't know where to begin to explain how morally wrong this is. By your logic you then must think all German people deserve to get painted with the same brush as Hitler.. if you had a family member that did something horrific , would you like to be lumped into the same category as them? would that then be justified in your eyes to shame you for something that was out of your control. Guilty By Association does nothing. It's wrong morally
It's all that the little petty people have in their arsenal. I guess anything to make themselves seem like their misguided opinions has any merit.
You Can Tune A Piano But You Can't Tuna Fish. REO SpdWgn

Return to “B.C.”