Convoy to Victoria

casey60
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Convoy to Victoria

Post by casey60 »

Convoy Truckers are trumpenized. Large majority of people do not agree with them. What is their aim?
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

casey60 wrote: Mar 15th, 2022, 9:55 am Convoy Truckers are trumpenized. Large majority of people do not agree with them. What is their aim?
All comes down to a whole lot of people are recognizing our countries newly created horrible state of affairs.
People see that this new WOKE, snowflake society under this leader and governments are destroying everything.
A lot of people are not happy with this political correct, scared to offend and hold anyone accountable for their own actions and positioning.
If things were going so good we would be seeing less civil unrest, but the exact opposite is happening.
We have never had a leader define ordinary Canadian citizens as misogynist, women haters, racist, extremists, nazi's before.
In other countries when there is civil unrest, the people, media point the finger at the current leader.
Here they blame everyone else but themselves.
Great position to make for yourself as your never held accountable,,,,,but now,,,civil unrest of its people.
DoDo1975
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by DoDo1975 »

JayByrd wrote: Mar 15th, 2022, 7:54 am The terms wokeism and cancel culture have become so over-used as to be meaningless. They're right up there with calling someone a Karen, and one risks being seen as wildly out of touch when using them.
Yes yes we know. Now that the masses are starting to understand woke and cancel culture and opening their eyes to which side of the political spectrum is responsible for this toxicity; well its time to cancel the words.
I_am_a_Liberal
Übergod

Post by I_am_a_Liberal »

JayByrd wrote: Mar 15th, 2022, 7:54 amThe terms wokeism and cancel culture have become so over-used as to be meaningless. They're right up there with calling someone a Karen, and one risks being seen as wildly out of touch when using them.

And blaming addiction, mental illness and stress on national leadership shows a pretty poor understanding of those concepts and what they're rooted in. I assure you, they've been rampant for generations, regardless who is in charge. Weaponizing these issues to make a political point is in extremely poor taste.
Great points. To go further in regards to the said alleged riposte - it is alarming how many of the negative political problems all seem to be placed at Trudeaus feet. Especially considering that the bad faith politics - is simply a continuation of the former government rolling out the red carpet and precedence to continue on from. As such Trudeau doesn't have to be better. He is simply being consistent. And no - I don't live in the fantasy that Trudeau should be a bastion of moral purity in politics. Who in their right mind would hamstring themselves in such a way? I am supremely confident that the conservative leader front runner Poilievere wouldn't even entertain that idea. And I believe that Charest will be politically experienced enough to seem like he is a saint. But everyone knows that you can't believe a conservative. It's been proven in the last 3 elections.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The truckers' convoys have grown among people who are being left behind by the modern economy. You notice that there are many employers now hiring. Other than flipping burgers, the jobs in the modern economy require some post-secondary training and skills. And the ambition to use them. Most of the folks in the truckers' convoys don't have the skills to succeed today. The world has passed them by. There's nothing here in the 2020s for them. And they're angry and looking for someone to blame. And susceptible to being manipulated.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bob vernon wrote: Mar 16th, 2022, 9:00 pm The truckers' convoys have grown among people who are being left behind by the modern economy.
The irony of this statement should not be ignored by anyone who can do basic math. All peoples who are alive today are involved in the "modern economy", and any elitist fool who says that anyone is being "left behind' by them is truly a brainless fool who is actually being left behind by society, still trying to push nonsensical regressive far Left garbage.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
I_am_a_Liberal
Übergod

Post by I_am_a_Liberal »

The problem with trucking is that since the 80's any profit or benefits favor the bigger companies. Subcontract truckers have been allowing companies to name the final price for 40 years. And the amount for a contract load today doesn't even cover expenses.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

casey60 wrote: Mar 15th, 2022, 9:55 am Convoy Truckers are trumpenized. Large majority of people do not agree with them. What is their aim?
how so, please provide your proof
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Their aim is to feel good about themselves.

We all want community. To connect with like-minded people. This is a fun, exciting way to do that. Like a weekend camping trip, with the bonus of claiming a moral purpose.

Does any of them really imagine happily trucking back home, satisfied with the result of their trip? Of course not.

It seems now that they've shifted gears (ha) and they're going to do their thing in the Vancouver area instead of Victoria. The ferry is expensive, after all.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

JayByrd wrote: Mar 18th, 2022, 8:43 am
Their aim is to feel good about themselves.

We all want community. To connect with like-minded people. This is a fun, exciting way to do that. Like a weekend camping trip, with the bonus of claiming a moral purpose.

Does any of them really imagine happily trucking back home, satisfied with the result of their trip? Of course not.

It seems now that they've shifted gears (ha) and they're going to do their thing in the Vancouver area instead of Victoria. The ferry is expensive, after all.
Because one of them finally checked the map and realized suddenly that Victoria is located on the island? LOL
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

I_am_a_Liberal wrote: Mar 16th, 2022, 12:51 am
JayByrd wrote: Mar 15th, 2022, 7:54 amThe terms wokeism and cancel culture have become so over-used as to be meaningless. They're right up there with calling someone a Karen, and one risks being seen as wildly out of touch when using them.

And blaming addiction, mental illness and stress on national leadership shows a pretty poor understanding of those concepts and what they're rooted in. I assure you, they've been rampant for generations, regardless who is in charge. Weaponizing these issues to make a political point is in extremely poor taste.
Great points. To go further in regards to the said alleged riposte - it is alarming how many of the negative political problems all seem to be placed at Trudeaus feet. Especially considering that the bad faith politics - is simply a continuation of the former government rolling out the red carpet and precedence to continue on from. As such Trudeau doesn't have to be better. He is simply being consistent. And no - I don't live in the fantasy that Trudeau should be a bastion of moral purity in politics. Who in their right mind would hamstring themselves in such a way? I am supremely confident that the conservative leader front runner Poilievere wouldn't even entertain that idea. And I believe that Charest will be politically experienced enough to seem like he is a saint. But everyone knows that you can't believe a conservative. It's been proven in the last 3 elections.
No, I didn't know that we cant trust a conservative.
What a weird statement to have to throw into the end of your rant.
This is exactly why I cannot support any of this new left politics form that we all see.
The constant need for desperately trying to paint a picture against others all while having not a single intelligent conversion about what's happening now, with the present government in power for the last 6 years.
JT lied to us all about promises he made during his campaigns from the past. So we can trust a liar?
Seems maybe this isn't about actually running a country but more of a needed image.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

zoo wrote: Mar 19th, 2022, 11:30 am
No, I didn't know that we cant trust a conservative.
What a weird statement to have to throw into the end of your rant.
This is exactly why I cannot support any of this new left politics form that we all see.
The constant need for desperately trying to paint a picture against others all while having not a single intelligent conversion about what's happening now, with the present government in power for the last 6 years.
JT lied to us all about promises he made during his campaigns from the past. So we can trust a liar?
Seems maybe this isn't about actually running a country but more of a needed image.
It's not the left that are painting the picture of the right, it's the right painting a self portrait and then complains when nobody looks at it. So they paint a new one of themselves but make it even more obtuse and launch a big advertising scheme to draw more attention. AND still everyone ignores them.

So the right starts screaming and causing a disturbance to attract others attention, they continue until somebody tells them to shut up and sit down....then they get mad...... because they are not taken seriously ...

ad infinitum
Bring back the LIKE button.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

In Calgary at the moment and a planned horn honking session was planned for the area the hotel is located.
Quite the fizzle. Lots of cops, cops on horses , by-law and a proclamation where tickets and arrests will be made for infractions.
Trucks were parked where they were allowed and a few American flags and that was about it. Traffic moved along nicely this afternoon when we drove down 12th.
My wife wondered if this lot would get it if she shouted "get a hobby "
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Wife just got back from walking the dogs.
The free dumb lot are occupying two blocks of 1st. Barricaded in by cops, cops with bikes and cops on horses..
She was very good to keep her mouth from blurting out what the majority of Canadians think...
I am not wealthy but I am rich
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Convoy people are just stupid. And the fact that they've fallen onto the conservative side of the fence says a lot about both the convoy people and conservatives.

Return to “B.C.”