Pricey Museum proposed for B.C

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Pricey Museum proposed for B.C

Post by GordonH »

69cutlass wrote: May 21st, 2022, 6:58 am This museum is going to be the fast ferry fiasco all over again.
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it does head in that direction.
Once the current museum is torn down... unfortunately there isn’t a way to reverse it.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
workingclasshero
Fledgling

Post by workingclasshero »

the premier wants to have a legacy for his career in politics.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

workingclasshero wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 3:24 pm the premier wants to have a legacy for his career in politics.
Only BC premier that can actually claim this impo would be W.A.C Bennett:

BC Hydro
BC provincial highways
BC Ferry system
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

GordonH wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 3:44 pm
workingclasshero wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 3:24 pm the premier wants to have a legacy for his career in politics.
Only BC premier that can actually claim this impo would be W.A.C Bennett:

BC Hydro
BC provincial highways
BC Ferry system
:up:
Wacky Bennett, the only BC premier with a true vision.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

69cutlass wrote: May 21st, 2022, 6:58 am This museum is going to be the fast ferry fiasco all over again.
Exactly, could very well be this NDP government's legacy.

Makes me wonder how the NDP came up with this number to build this. How long has this been studied behind closed doors to determine the engineering demands on seismic stability, floor lay out, what is going to be displayed ? Some items I'd think would take some time to come up with a number.
Regardless, I'm cynical that it would ever get built for the announced sum. Either cost over runs or the scope of the project gets reduced to fit in the budget.
With Kevin Falcon declaring he would cancel this build if elected government, I can see a big push now for the NDP to get on with this quickly to get it past the point of no return, regardless of cost.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

With few exceptions, theleft cannot create. They can only destroy.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Glacier wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 7:38 am With few exceptions, theleft cannot create. They can only destroy.
And right wingers create nothing but further division with comments like this. Let's be helpers, not hurters.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
YzzzR1
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by YzzzR1 »

JLives wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 9:11 am
And right wingers create nothing but further division with comments like this. Let's be helpers, not hurters.
Am I the only one that sees the hypocrisy in this statement?
You Can Tune A Piano But You Can't Tuna Fish. REO SpdWgn
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

YzzzR1 wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 9:29 am
JLives wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 9:11 am
Am I the only one that sees the hypocrisy in this statement?
It was purposeful. Interesting that that is the part you choose to focus on and not the comment I'm quoting that does the same thing. Why?
YzzzR1
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by YzzzR1 »

JLives wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 9:40 am
It was purposeful. Interesting that that is the part you choose to focus on and not the comment I'm quoting that does the same thing. Why?
Why? Because I don't care what some people think. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy.
You Can Tune A Piano But You Can't Tuna Fish. REO SpdWgn
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

YzzzR1 wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 9:44 am
Why? Because I don't care what some people think. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy.
I see. You don't care what people think if it's stereotyping or insulting left wingers. But if you bash right wingers it's hypocrisy. Is that about right?
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

YzzzR1 wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 9:44 am

Don't use logic on the left. It will confuse them and make them scream about hate and racism.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Yeup .. The Royal John Horgan Museum of BC
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Glacier wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 7:38 am With few exceptions, theleft cannot create. They can only destroy.
:up: :up:
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

JLives wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 9:11 am And right wingers create nothing but further division with comments like this. Let's be helpers, not hurters.
Well I was talking about infrastructure. But, yes it is a lot more complicated than that. Communists are thought to be far left but they certainly know how to get things built.

I do think that Trudeau is right when he said that he admired China for their ability to run roughshod over regulations and indigenous rights to get projects built. It is certainly true that Trudeau does not like that he has to consult First Nations and deal with protesters when approving roads and pipelines.

Both the left and the right are paralyzed by government regulations to a large degree, but the right seems to focus more on infrastructure and less on arts and culture projects. The effect of this is that when the NDP is in government highway projects tend to get curtailed.

But a huge billion dollar museum upgrade (or should I say "degrade"?) that is certainly something they value.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “B.C.”