First Peoples of BC

captkirkcanada
Banned

Re: First Peoples of BC

Post by captkirkcanada »

ferri wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 9:41 am
Glacier wrote: May 20th, 2022, 1:19 pm This map is really neat, showing which First Nations belongs where.

Add your own maps and data if you want, but let's not make this thread to argue about any controversial topics around First Nations rights. There are other places to do that.
I love maps like this. This is one I look at usually when I'm reading a book about Natives:

HWaqa9R.jpg

Funny thing is, never once have I thought "The Government did this or that." :135:
well we do know what the trail of tears is and why it happened. we do know why all the bison was almost wiped out, and we also know why residential schools were put in place in north america, all to do with the govt. :smt045
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Thar map estimates a population of 1mil people in 1492 in north america. Sounds like terra nullius to me.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Glacier wrote: May 20th, 2022, 1:19 pm This map is really neat, showing which First Nations belongs where.

Add your own maps and data if you want, but let's not make this thread to argue about any controversial topics around First Nations rights. There are other places to do that.
The First North Americans series by Kathleen O'Neal Gear & W Michael Gear are what got me to look up a map. :D

July 12th I'll get book 27. It's a wonderful series.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XX ... ype=ebooks
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “B.C.”