Vancouver is Dying

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Vancouver is Dying

Post by rustled »

I found this quite interesting and informative, and thought it was worth sharing as these issues extend into to the Okanagan.

What is happening to the city of Vancouver?

Who is responsible for the surge in violent crime?

And is the introduction of a “safe supply” of toxic drugs, including heroin and cocaine, really the solution the city needs?
Comments are interesting and informative, too.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
spooker

Re: Vancouver is Dying

Post by spooker »

You have to wonder, here's a BC Liberal who got rejected by the BC Liberals ... that's gotta say a lot about his politics
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

well the pc woke crowed got what they wanted ,enjoy it you :cuss:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

spooker wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 3:26 pm You have to wonder, here's a BC Liberal who got rejected by the BC Liberals ... that's gotta say a lot about his politics
A "shoot the messenger" response?

I'd like to hear from people who actually watch the video, too.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

the truth wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 3:38 pm well the pc woke crowed got what they wanted ,enjoy it you :cuss:
Trouble is, it's not just the people who wanted harm reduction strategies instead of rehabilitation who are living with the consequences.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Thanks for posting, I watched it, pretty level headed look at it.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

the truth wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 3:38 pm well the pc woke crowed got what they wanted ,enjoy it you :cuss:
:up: So true.
And all the talk now is exactly the same as Seattle and Portland tried. And is the introduction of a “safe supply” of toxic drugs, including heroin and cocaine, really the solution the city needs. They poured a lot more cash into their problem that we could. Had far more people working for the plan. Built more accommodation than we ever could. Far more services etc. and it has failed miserably.
So, the answer cannot be similar to theirs as so many are still trying to push.
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
spooker

Post by spooker »

rustled wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 3:39 pm
spooker wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 3:26 pm You have to wonder, here's a BC Liberal who got rejected by the BC Liberals ... that's gotta say a lot about his politics
A "shoot the messenger" response?

I'd like to hear from people who actually watch the video, too.
What I saw/heard in the video was how people should fear what is happening ... seems to be a trend to drive engagement
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

gertlush wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 4:22 pm Thanks for posting, I watched it, pretty level headed look at it.
I thought so, too.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

liisgo wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 5:21 pm
:up: So true.
And all the talk now is exactly the same as Seattle and Portland tried. And is the introduction of a “safe supply” of toxic drugs, including heroin and cocaine, really the solution the city needs. They poured a lot more cash into their problem that we could. Had far more people working for the plan. Built more accommodation than we ever could. Far more services etc. and it has failed miserably.
So, the answer cannot be similar to theirs as so many are still trying to push.
Yes, there was a similar documentary about Seattle, with recovered addicts saying the same thing: enabling is not a compassionate response to the problem.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

spooker wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 5:49 pm What I saw/heard in the video was how people should fear what is happening ... seems to be a trend to drive engagement
You didn't watch it.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Your response says a lot about your politics.
As one has said already, attack the messenger. That's all you've got?

How about addressing the message. We all know the NDP are not addressing it, so how about you?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

I'm back, 50 minutes later. That was quite the eye opener, or was it?

Was it basically a summation of a year of Global News at Six?

Or as one person has alluded to, maybe it was nothing more than a slick production by the Liberal Party of BC, using professional actors and plenty of makeup, all with the purpose of defeating the evil NDP?

Watch it and you decide. Because it could be coming to your neighbourhood.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
spooker

Post by spooker »

bb49 wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 8:10 pm
Your response says a lot about your politics.
As one has said already, attack the messenger. That's all you've got?

How about addressing the message. We all know the NDP are not addressing it, so how about you?
As everyone likes to talk about, check the source ... that's usually the first thing I do when I see a link to a source I'm not already familiar with ...

As for the message, it seemed like a lot of spreading the fear, telling about all the bad things that happen, how it used to be so good ... didn't hear a lot of solutions that sounded humane or reasonable ...
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

spooker wrote: Oct 13th, 2022, 5:36 am As everyone likes to talk about, check the source ... that's usually the first thing I do when I see a link to a source I'm not already familiar with ...

As for the message, it seemed like a lot of spreading the fear, telling about all the bad things that happen, how it used to be so good ... didn't hear a lot of solutions that sounded humane or reasonable ...
The message is that legalizing drugs, providing drug paraphernalia, housing drug addicts in solo locking rooms and doing nothing for mental health is why we are here.

But yes, that source it's from means this is all just to scare you, as the mayor of Vancouver puts it "nothing to see here folks, the city is safe".

So carry on, vote NDP, support wet and dry homes, safe injection sites and let's keep caring for the drug addicts struggling with mental health.

Return to “B.C.”