BC Family Awarded 33000 For Wrongfull Eviction

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: BC Family Awarded 33000 For Wrongfull Eviction

Post by JLives »

captkirkcanada wrote: Nov 20th, 2022, 2:53 pm
JLives wrote: Nov 20th, 2022, 2:40 pm

Many will actually. Especially those who value community over self interest.
Ppl that think that way are in for sime big surprises coming up . The renting for retirment fund is coming to a end . Ppl need homes more than they need greedy ppl who use loopholes to cheat other people. Citizens are waking up to the so called lil cheats and they will pay a price . :130:
I hope interest rates rise so high they bankrupt the crap out of these bloodsuckers. And we get back to a sustainable housing market.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

BC Landlord wrote: Nov 20th, 2022, 9:27 am
69cutlass wrote: Nov 20th, 2022, 6:25 am Buyer can request in writing that seller issue eviction for owners use on buyers behalf. It just cannot be a condition of the sale. Basically it's an ask that the property be vacant at closing. That is most likely what happened in the article.
That is true. But it's still unclear to me, what is the purpose of such a request, and the seller serving a 2-months notice (usually effective past the possession), when neither the seller, nor the tenant have any motivations to follow up on that. Seller is gone (deal closed) and the buyer is stuck with an eviction notice, which is often not worth the paper it is written on, and most likely having to resort to arbitration hassle.

Again, the safest way for buyers is, ... DO NOT buy a tenanted property. And for sellers, ... EVICT FIRST for personal use, wait 6 months if necessary, and then put it on the market as vacant.
When buyer asks seller to evict. Possession date is always for after eviction date. Seller is on the hook and is in breach is tenant doesn't move out on time.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

.... yet virtually all products and services are priced to cover costs and profit. But rental can't be. Lol
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

So if being a landlord isn't a job what is a property manager.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

69cutlass wrote: Nov 20th, 2022, 3:36 pm So if being a landlord isn't a job what is a property manager.
Not a landlord.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Even Steven wrote: Nov 20th, 2022, 3:28 pm .... yet virtually all products and services are priced to cover costs and profit. But rental can't be. Lol
It never has been. The big pay off comes when you sell and the rent helps reduce carrying costs. It's only been recently that people became entitled to cover all the costs plus profit. Lazy *bleep*.
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

JLives wrote: Nov 20th, 2022, 3:48 pm
Even Steven wrote: Nov 20th, 2022, 3:28 pm .... yet virtually all products and services are priced to cover costs and profit. But rental can't be. Lol
It never has been. The big pay off comes when you sell and the rent helps reduce carrying costs. It's only been recently that people became entitled to cover all the costs plus profit. Lazy *bleep*.
:up:
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

It never has been.
What do you mean it never has been?

Rentals are a product and services just like anything else.

All products and services are priced to cover all expenses + profit (unless you choose to be a non-profit).

Hence all rentals are priced to cover expenses and profit.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

It seems unlikely the notion it's only recently that rent covered costs while providing profit is based in reality. It seems highly unlikely. It's more likely any property owner who had invested their own downpayment for a rental property, or left the equity in a property they'd once lived in when they moved and rented that property out, has more likely always wanted the rent to cover their cost while providing a profit at the time of sale.

It seems more likely it's only been recently that so many people have proclaimed all renters in every market are entitled to housing deemed "affordable" by our social engineers, that any rent over the socially engineered "affordability" line is "greed", that any landlord charging market rate is "lazy" and "greedy".
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

JLives wrote: Nov 20th, 2022, 3:46 pm
69cutlass wrote: Nov 20th, 2022, 3:36 pm So if being a landlord isn't a job what is a property manager.
Not a landlord.
Most landlords are their own property managers.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

So glad I no longer rent out a home. Selling it was the best thing I ever did. too bad because the renter was getting a deal and took advantage.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

rustled wrote: Nov 20th, 2022, 4:19 pm
It seems unlikely the notion it's only recently that rent covered costs while providing profit is based in reality. It seems highly unlikely. It's more likely any property owner who had invested their own downpayment for a rental property, or left the equity in a property they'd once lived in when they moved and rented that property out, has more likely always wanted the rent to cover their cost while providing a profit at the time of sale.

It seems more likely it's only been recently that so many people have proclaimed all renters in every market are entitled to housing deemed "affordable" by our social engineers, that any rent over the socially engineered "affordability" line is "greed", that any landlord charging market rate is "lazy" and "greedy".
What are you talking about? Have you been alive for the last 20 years? I'm talking about reality here. "It seems to me" lmao. We've actually seen it.
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

rustled wrote: Nov 20th, 2022, 4:19 pm

"market rate" [icon_lol2.gif] that's funny when the Market is over inflated and dismissing the need for rentals that people can actually afford is only increasing the Homeless Rate
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Patron wrote: Nov 20th, 2022, 5:23 pm "market rate" [icon_lol2.gif] that's funny when the Market is over inflated and dismissing the need for rentals that people can actually afford is only increasing the Homeless Rate
You make it sound as if the market is some living entity capable of conspiring against renters, and not being compassionate enough. :200:
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

JLives wrote: Nov 20th, 2022, 3:48 pm It's only been recently that people became entitled to cover all the costs plus profit.
And who do you think "entitled" them to that?

Return to “B.C.”