Eby to keep spending

SAILINGONE
Board Meister

Eby to keep spending

Post by SAILINGONE »

Eby resolves to keep spending in new year, making most of forecast budget windfall.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/403820 ... t-windfall.

No surprise when the progressive woke WEF globalists are set on the big reset, where you own nothing and you will be happy.
Eby, another Klaus Schwab graduate, is happy, along with blackface and other extreme lefties, who think governments know what is best for the people, by confiscating the fruits of your hard labour.
From the comforts of their home offices they waste your hard earned money, expanding their lucratif gig and hire even more wasteful gatekeepers. who together take most of the loot.
They make sure there is just enough scraps left over, for the totally dependant subjects, to keep begging for more.
Examples what will be the end goal for these marxists are plenty, regimes like china, russia, Venezuela, NK and every other dictatorship will hopeful wake up the silent majority and prevent this from happening in the next election, if it is not to late already.
seewood
Guru

Re: Eby to keep spending

Post by seewood »

And if that spending becomes a yearly expenditure, part of government operations, then, when tax revenue contracts the continual deficits are now the talk of the day. NDP will not cut services so just more tax and spend.
I guess lawyers don't take any basic business courses.

I like the idea of paying down debt then reducing the servicing of the debt .
I am not wealthy but I am rich
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hopefully he doesn’t go spending on any crazy stuff like 1990s ndp did... aka fast-cat BS.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
SAILINGONE
Board Meister

Post by SAILINGONE »

GordonH wrote: Dec 30th, 2022, 11:01 am Hopefully he doesn’t go spending on any crazy stuff like 1990s ndp did... aka fast-cat BS.
The KM Pipeline is another great example of mismanaged, overspend, left-wing activists governments think they can do.
Eby was scared enough to not tarnish the inept ndp ers, so no worries the ndp/liberal clowns will do the easy thing with that $5.5 billion surplus and that is creating more useless government payroll positions @ $130,000.00 per public union payroll position so from the comfort of their home office they can create new mainly social issues that simple can never be solved.
With the biggest industry in BC, next to government waste, is the building industry. This industry as it did in 1982 will cave, losing a lot of government confiscation opportunities, so other confiscation opportunities need to be found, like transfer taxes on homes, vehicles, boats and likely an inheritance tax and taxing gains on selling personal assets, like your house.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

GordonH wrote: Dec 30th, 2022, 11:01 am Hopefully he doesn’t go spending on any crazy stuff like 1990s ndp did... aka fast-cat BS.
He's a left wing lunatic with the keys to our bank - of course he's going to spend every last penny on crazy stuff. And then some.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Dec 30th, 2022, 2:26 pm
He's a left wing lunatic with the keys to our bank - of course he's going to spend every last penny on crazy stuff. And then some.
:up: :up: :up:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

He is going to spend till he is elected out. It's the ndp way. He is trying to buy future votes by spending spending spending. It boils down to are voters outside of the lower mainland smart enough to see past this.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

69cutlass wrote: Dec 30th, 2022, 4:33 pm He is going to spend till he is elected out. It's the ndp way. He is trying to buy future votes by spending spending spending. It boils down to are voters outside of the lower mainland smart enough to see past this.
It's the voters in the lower mainland that put the NDP in power. They are the ones who need to see past the fairytales and BS.
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

Urban Cowboy wrote: Dec 30th, 2022, 4:53 pm
69cutlass wrote: Dec 30th, 2022, 4:33 pm He is going to spend till he is elected out. It's the ndp way. He is trying to buy future votes by spending spending spending. It boils down to are voters outside of the lower mainland smart enough to see past this.
It's the voters in the lower mainland that put the NDP in power. They are the ones who need to see past the fairytales and BS.
Thankfully there are more outside the lower mainland than inside. We all juse need to unite
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

69cutlass wrote: Dec 30th, 2022, 6:12 pm Thankfully there are more outside the lower mainland than inside. We all juse need to unite
I wish that were true, but unfortunately not.

5 million in BC and I thought around 3.5 live in the lower mainland. Another chunk of tax and spenders are on the rock.
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

seewood wrote: Dec 30th, 2022, 6:32 pm
69cutlass wrote: Dec 30th, 2022, 6:12 pm Thankfully there are more outside the lower mainland than inside. We all juse need to unite
I wish that were true, but unfortunately not.

5 million in BC and I thought around 3.5 live in the lower mainland. Another chunk of tax and spenders are on the rock.
Was 2.6mil in 2017 for metro van.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

69cutlass wrote: Dec 30th, 2022, 6:42 pm Was 2.6mil in 2017 for metro van.
I stand corrected. :130:
Population of the lower mainland and Fraser Valley( wonder how long that name will stand) was about 3 mil.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

seewood wrote: Dec 30th, 2022, 7:59 pm
69cutlass wrote: Dec 30th, 2022, 6:42 pm Was 2.6mil in 2017 for metro van.
I stand corrected. :130:
Population of the lower mainland and Fraser Valley( wonder how long that name will stand) was about 3 mil.
Metro Vancouver then add in all the outlying areas, the Island, and we are majorly outnumbered.

The elections are decided in lower mainland not the rest of BC.

2021 Metro Vancouver population is 2.6 million
2021 Fraser Valley population is 295K
2021 Vancouver Island population is 865K

This makes for a total of 3.76 Million in the lower mainland areas while the whole province of BC as of 2021 is just over 5 million population.

So as I said we are outnumbered and almost 4 to 1 at that, anything north of the Fraser Valley.
Last edited by Urban Cowboy on Dec 30th, 2022, 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Good. The elite don't invest unless the conservative governments make projects a P3 or put a toll on something.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Dec 30th, 2022, 8:47 pm Good. The elite don't invest unless the conservative governments make projects a P3 or put a toll on something.
Who exactly are you referring to as "elites"?

Return to “B.C.”