Vancouver gas stove ban proposed will not happen

Jlabute
Guru

Vancouver gas stove ban proposed will not happen

Post by Jlabute »

I find it quite annoying that a city councilor can refer to a flawed and debunked study to support an agenda for banishing gas stoves and fireplaces in the name of health or green living. They are entitled to their opinions of course. Thankfully this motion was rejected but little green minds are always trying to subvert.

Yet another thing to watch out for is a growing movement to stop clothes washing. Washing machines and dryers. The Biden admin is also proposing washing machines should use much less water.. making them more expensive and out-of-reach for the poor. Today, anything you own that can make your life easier, cleaner, or better, is probably not exempt from climate-kook objections. The left is the only existential threat.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rules.html

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/202 ... ir-clothes
leftist wisdom wrote: I am incredibly hygienic myself, but I'm not a fan of dry cleaning or any cleaning, really.

A Vancouver city councillor’s proposal to ban natural gas hookups in new residential builds will not go ahead as she planned.

Adriane Carr initially put forward a motion to limit features like gas stoves and fireplaces in new homes and condos. In addition to citing the city’s goal of being “net zero” by 2050, she said at the time not using natural gas in homes was much safer for people and the environment.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/vancouv ... al-gas-ban
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
69cutlass
Übergod

Re: Vancouver gas stove ban proposed will not happen

Post by 69cutlass »

They got this thru on a few buildings a few years ago in Vancouver. I remember reading about how the commercial tenants like restaurants in the building were supposed to cook.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

^^^ I can imagine. My oldest son and wife are living in a new Vancouver condo with no A/C. Somehow the future is also supposed to be uncomfortable, more expensive without owning anything, and inconvenient, and we should be happy. Not what I am voting for.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

Jlabute wrote: Jun 4th, 2023, 10:01 am ^^^ I can imagine. My oldest son and wife are living in a new Vancouver condo with no A/C. Somehow the future is also supposed to be uncomfortable, more expensive without owning anything, and inconvenient, and we should be happy. Not what I am voting for.
Most don't vote for it. They just don't understand or care on what their votes are used for
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Adrianne Carr. That says it all.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: Jun 4th, 2023, 11:10 am Adrianne Carr. That says it all.
Knothead from the Green Party.

The stupid never leaves these people.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

So much for affordable living. Over priced electrical energy is going to be the finishing touch on the governments virtue signalling agenda's.

VICTORIA — Almost all new construction in Victoria — from single-family homes to towers — will be required to be “zero carbon” producers by 2025, meaning they can’t be heated with fossil fuels such as natural gas, propane or fuel oil.
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

liisgo wrote: Jun 6th, 2023, 7:22 am VICTORIA — Almost all new construction in Victoria — from single-family homes to towers — will be required to be “zero carbon” producers by 2025, meaning they can’t be heated with fossil fuels such as natural gas, propane or fuel oil.
Hope the government is currently planning as to where to build a few more site C's, or some electrical generation that will produce non weather dependant electricity. (nuclear)

Glad to hear the gas ban in Van didn't get any traction.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Bigbacardi
Übergod

Post by Bigbacardi »

Now BC may be an exception to the rule… how many are aware how almost half of the worlds electricity is generated?
By steam generators burning either coal or nat gas!!!!
Hmmm
Doesn’t seem quite as green when that is brought into the situation…
Remember, you are unique......Just like everybody else...
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

seewood wrote: Jun 6th, 2023, 8:57 am
Hope the government is currently planning as to where to build a few more site C's, or some electrical generation that will produce non weather dependant electricity. (nuclear)

They have no plan. I'm totally serious. No dam will ever be built again in BC... and in fact, they removed a hydro dam on the Shuswap this year (Shuswap Falls) so that Salmon could swim up! They have no plan for electricity expansion at all. The federal government has told Saskatchewan that 70% of the power generation will have to be shut down in 12 years. And Saskatchewan is flat. Also, it takes 15 years to plan and build nuclear plants given all the red tape, so it's going to get ugly.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Glacier wrote: Jun 6th, 2023, 12:42 pm it takes 15 years to plan and build nuclear plants given all the red tape, so it's going to get ugly.
Kinda what I figured. :-X

I suppose the lefities will push for windy solar which will invariably increase our electrical rates then start handing out subsidies to those that cannot absorb increased electrical rates. :-X
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

seewood wrote: Jun 6th, 2023, 1:20 pm

Kinda what I figured. :-X

I suppose the lefities will push for windy solar which will invariably increase our electrical rates then start handing out subsidies to those that cannot absorb increased electrical rates. :-X
The goal of "green energy" is to pretend to support abundant energy but to actually oppose it. See this excellent piece by Alex Epstein... https://energytalkingpoints.com/not-green/
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Glacier wrote: Jun 6th, 2023, 12:42 pm

They have no plan. I'm totally serious. No dam will ever be built again in BC... and in fact, they removed a hydro dam on the Shuswap this year (Shuswap Falls) so that Salmon could swim up! They have no plan for electricity expansion at all. The federal government has told Saskatchewan that 70% of the power generation will have to be shut down in 12 years. And Saskatchewan is flat. Also, it takes 15 years to plan and build nuclear plants given all the red tape, so it's going to get ugly.
Yah, but in the name of virtue, trudeau's new Liberalism party of Canada has a plan. They are going to stop suppling coal, oil and gas to all other countries that plan on still using them because of their common sense in those countries.
Trudeau is gonna send a message to the world and shut down all export of resources to show everyone how to be woke.
It's brilliant, everyone is gonna learn a good lesson from us. We can all stand proud and hungry. :up:
Sarcasim.
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
mullyman
Board Meister

Post by mullyman »

liisgo wrote: Jun 6th, 2023, 7:22 am VICTORIA — Almost all new construction in Victoria — from single-family homes to towers — will be required to be “zero carbon” producers by 2025, meaning they can’t be heated with fossil fuels such as natural gas, propane or fuel oil.

but it did.. my understanding is that new builds are not allowed to use gas..
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

mullyman wrote: Jun 7th, 2023, 6:44 am but it did.. my understanding is that new builds are not allowed to use gas..
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/vancouv ... al-gas-ban

I believe they tried to ban gas but the motion failed.

Perhaps it was for cooking and furnaces only but gas hot water is not allowed?

As a side note, chatted with another dog walker the other day who had an older heat pump in the house when they bought it.
Pump packed it in and was quoted $18,000.00 to replace it. They changed course and hooked up to gas with a high efficiency furnace, gas hot water, gas range for a little less than the new heat pump. Their monthly utilities, gas and electric, are now half of what it was prior.
Electric is great, but for heating things, it is pretty inefficient and expensive.

Why do politicians seem lately to be trying to legislate higher living costs for citizens ??

Return to “B.C.”