Trudeau HAS TO GO.

Re: Trudeau HAS TO GO.

Postby Merry » Sep 14th, 2017, 2:05 am

The following quote explains just exactly what it is that Morneau is trying to achieve
Morneau has three practices he is aiming to change—or eliminate completely. They include:

1.Income sprinkling: whereby business owners split income with family members by way of salary, wages or dividends, to reduce the family’s overall tax burden. The government wants to restrict the ability pay salary or wages or dividends to adult children between the age of 18 to 24. Morneau proposes that a “reasonableness test” will be applied, assessing the adult child’s contribution to the business to really determine whether he should pay the lower business tax rate or a much higher tax rate. “The draft legislation as it stands now largely affects tax on splitting income which is very comprehensive,” says Carl MacArthur, assistant professor at the Faculty of Law at the University of Western Ontario in London, Ont. “This leads me to believe that something will be done on income splitting for small business. The reality is, it’s a difficult argument to make that income sprinkling for small businesses makes good policy. So that [change] will go forward in some form.” The truth is that Liberals portray themselves as the partner of the average tax payer. “That means they want to make the tax system fairer for people going out and earning a paycheque day after day,” says MacArthur. “Focusing on the splitting of income does this.”

2.Changes to passive business income taxation: income earned by a corporation is eligible for a phenomenally attractive tax rate (about 15% total with slight variations from province to province) on the first $500,000 of business income. But if one doesn’t need to use all this money to maintain their lifestyle, they can leave the rest in the corporation to invest in stocks, bonds or mutual funds. For comparison, if you’re a salaried employee in the highest tax bracket you’d be paying a 50% or an even higher marginal tax rate on this income. The government is exploring ways to limit the benefit of leaving excess earnings inside the corporation to grow in a passive investment portfolio.

3.Closing loopholes that allow converting income to capital gains. This is a more complicated tax maneuver that the government aims to tighten up so that income that should be taxed as salary or dividends is not converted to capital gains (which have lower tax rates).

http://www.macleans.ca/economy/money-ec ... loopholes/
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Merry
Guru

Liked in: 3363 posts

Postby Rwede » Sep 20th, 2017, 8:56 am

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

3 people like this post.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4753 posts

Postby Catsumi » Sep 20th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Perhaps I misunderstood the news item I (sort of) listened to recently that stated Bombardier had blushingly pushed aside a further handout from Feds bottomless gift barrel (our money). Was it because they knew they were in for an upcoming trade dispute with USA?

That's the only reason I could come up with as they have never refused cash infusions before to my knowledge.

[icon_lol2.gif]
I can and WILL spray mercaptans all over your ill-considered & vacuous statements.
Don't bring peashooters to a gunfight.

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
Catsumi
Fledgling

Liked in: 135 posts

Postby Merry » Sep 20th, 2017, 1:08 pm

I wonder what would happen if every country that currently subsidizes their aerospace industry suddenly stopped doing it?

It will never happen of course, but it's nice to dream isn't it? A world without corporate welfare - what a revolutionary idea!!!
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Merry
Guru

Postby Omnitheo » Sep 20th, 2017, 1:19 pm

But while corporate subsidies are nothing to be celebrated, government assistance is hardly unusual in the plane-making business. In fact, it’s pretty much par for the course. Boeing, for example, has received some US$13.5 billion in state and local subsidies in the last 15 years—mostly in the form of special tax breaks and other incentives, according to calculations by Good Jobs First, a group that tracks U.S. corporate subsidies. Airbus has similarly received as much as $18 billion in “launch aid” from European governments. “When you look at Bombardier’s competitors, they’ve all received a lot of government help—Boeing, Airbus, Embraer, the Russians, Chinese and Japanese,” says Karl Moore, a professor at McGill University’s Desautels Faculty of Management. “If you want to play in the big leagues in this industry, you’re going to need government support.”

Since this discussion about bombardier subsidies is in a thread called "Trudeau has to go". Can anyone in here say straight faced that Harper would not have done the same? Is it blind ignorance or forgetfulness that ignores the many corporate aid donations made under the conservative government?
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

jimmy4321 likes this post.
Omnitheo
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1931 posts

Postby Merry » Sep 20th, 2017, 1:27 pm

Corporate Welfare under ANY Government is wrong, but it will continue until ALL Governments (in ALL countries) agree to stop doing it. And that's never going to happen.

2 people like this post.
Merry
Guru

Postby sobrohusfat » Sep 21st, 2017, 7:31 pm

goin' goin.jpg
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

3 people like this post.
sobrohusfat
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1314 posts

Postby techrtr » Sep 22nd, 2017, 10:10 am

I was trying to come up with the best word to describe Tru-doh and I think it's Sycophant. If he could figure out a way to apologize to incarcerated sex offenders without alienating mainstream voters, he would.

2 people like this post.
techrtr
Board Meister

Liked in: 564 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Sep 22nd, 2017, 10:16 am

Isn't Canada known for being apologetic? Heck we even have laws around the word sorry given how frequently Canadians use it. I don't know when suddenly it became a negative thing.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1931 posts

Postby techrtr » Sep 22nd, 2017, 10:47 am

Omnitheo wrote:Isn't Canada known for being apologetic? Heck we even have laws around the word sorry given how frequently Canadians use it. I don't know when suddenly it became a negative thing.

Anything can become negative when it's overused. That's all this guy does - apologize for this and that and the other thing. Has he done anything concrete at all during his tenure? Everything he does is to garner votes from another little subset of the population. What's he going to do when he runs out of people to suck up to?

It's kind of old, but it still sums up quite nicely why Justine is such an idiot:

http://www.macleans.ca/news/trudeaus-turn-from-cool-to-laughing-stock/

3 people like this post.
techrtr
Board Meister

Liked in: 564 posts

Postby Gone_Fishin » Sep 22nd, 2017, 10:27 pm

When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. It is only difficult for the others.

It's the same when you are stupid.

2 people like this post.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1962 posts

Postby JLives » Yesterday, 8:01 am

Omnitheo wrote:Isn't Canada known for being apologetic? Heck we even have laws around the word sorry given how frequently Canadians use it. I don't know when suddenly it became a negative thing.

It's not. Recognizing failure, learning from it, and moving forward is a good thing. Some people want us to take on American qualities of country first and that we can do no wrong (unless your last name is Trudeau) and I firmly reject that attitude. There's a country right next to us for those who prefer those qualities.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Omnitheo likes this post.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4824 posts

Postby Gone_Fishin » Yesterday, 4:33 pm

JLives wrote: Recognizing failure

This is failure:

Intelligent people recognized it long ago.
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. It is only difficult for the others.

It's the same when you are stupid.

Catsumi likes this post.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1962 posts

Postby sobrohusfat » Yesterday, 8:00 pm

F U J T.jpg
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

Catsumi likes this post.
sobrohusfat
Lord of the Board