Pierre Poilievre's Politics of Inclusion

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Pierre Poilievre's Politics of Inclusion

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Jonrox wrote: Jun 10th, 2024, 12:11 pm
Transportation costs
answer the question - how much climate change did we stop because of the billions that Canadians have already been bilked out of for this stupid tax??? How many forest fires were averted? We hear all the time that "Canada is on fire" etc from the Liberals, so why can't we be told how much of that fire we have avoided thanks to our pockets being picked???
“It doesn’t matter whether you’re black or brown or white or whatever the hell color you are — it doesn’t matter. We are all Americans, and we are going to pull together as Americans!” - Donald J. Trump, soon to be president-elect 2024.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jun 10th, 2024, 12:49 pm
Jonrox wrote: Jun 10th, 2024, 12:11 pm
Transportation costs
answer the question - how much climate change did we stop because of the billions that Canadians have already been bilked out of for this stupid tax??? How many forest fires were averted? We hear all the time that "Canada is on fire" etc from the Liberals, so why can't we be told how much of that fire we have avoided thanks to our pockets being picked???
I don't know the answer to that question. All I said was that transportation costs have plummeted since the pandemic ended and aren't a major contributing factor to the inflation we've experienced.

Freight rates are dependent upon the supply and demand for trucks, ships, and containers... not the cost of fuel.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Jonrox wrote: Jun 10th, 2024, 2:59 pm
I don't know the answer to that question. .
Then the tax should be scrapped immediately, until we can calculate what the return is on this horrid investment.

AXE THE TAX. Go Pierre - Bring it home!
“It doesn’t matter whether you’re black or brown or white or whatever the hell color you are — it doesn’t matter. We are all Americans, and we are going to pull together as Americans!” - Donald J. Trump, soon to be president-elect 2024.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 10th, 2024, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Reason: Response to removed post.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

*removed*
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:-X :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Sigh

Another thread derailed by those claiming to be in favour of a new, improved govt, but in reality, are not.

Niberals are filling their Depends on the poll results. They are sitting on the Titanic as it sinks, but still following their Captain around hoping for a return to insanity.

Why?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Catsumi wrote: Jun 10th, 2024, 7:52 pm Sigh

Another thread derailed by those claiming to be in favour of a new, improved govt, but in reality, are not.

Niberals are filling their Depends on the poll results. They are sitting on the Titanic as it sinks, but still following their Captain around hoping for a return to insanity.

Why?
I'll be voting for PP but I don't believe he should "Axe the tax". It's not going to have the effect he and his followers believe it will and the government can't afford to cut into revenues this severely.

The crashing of freight rate costs didn't lower prices on anything and axing the tax will have much the same effect... almost nothing.
liisgo
Guru

Post by liisgo »

Jonrox wrote: Jun 11th, 2024, 8:02 am
Catsumi wrote: Jun 10th, 2024, 7:52 pm Sigh

Why?
I'll be voting for PP but I don't believe he should "Axe the tax". It's not going to have the effect he and his followers believe it will and the government can't afford to cut into revenues this severely.

The crashing of freight rate costs didn't lower prices on anything and axing the tax will have much the same effect... almost nothing.
This gov. Needs to create revenue through economy, not making billion $$$ mistakes, supporting easier investing. Not taking it from people's pockets. I appreciate you connect the tax as a revenue supply for the Liberals. Definitely not what they tell us
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

liisgo wrote: Jun 11th, 2024, 8:28 am
This gov. Needs to create revenue through economy, not making billion $$$ mistakes, supporting easier investing. Not taking it from people's pockets. I appreciate you connect the tax as a revenue supply for the Liberals. Definitely not what they tell us
Yes, if Justin is to be believed, this tax is "revenue neutral", glad to see that even Justin's fanbois get it that this is a lie.

Here's one way to replace the taxes on fairy tales - cut the $700 million/year being shelled out to the media, and the $1 billion/year being pumped into the CBC to produce moronic programming that no one wants to see or hear. Right there, you're way ahead.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

This is how to answer a question in the house

NDP MP Bonita Zarrillo accuses Pierre Poilievre of "courting incels" and banning abortions.

https://x.com/i/status/1800673246884278367
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

mikest2 wrote: Jun 11th, 2024, 7:09 pm This is how to answer a question in the house

NDP MP Bonita Zarrillo accuses Pierre Poilievre of "courting incels" and banning abortions.

Something wrong with that video. Can't get audio or CC
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Catsumi wrote: Jun 11th, 2024, 8:08 pm
mikest2 wrote: Jun 11th, 2024, 7:09 pm This is how to answer a question in the house

Something wrong with that video. Can't get audio or CC
Mr Poilievre: "No." Sits down and the NDP looney is shut up.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.

Return to “Canada”