55%
NO
45%

Total votes: 87

usquebaugh
Guru

Re: Should the West separate?

Post by usquebaugh »

JohnCambell wrote:Your going to form a resonable conclusion on castanet. I hate to break it to you, but I probally don't see more than 20 different names on here at one time. So 20 people out of 10 million voter or so, you might need to gather more stats.

And you were stereo typing. This is your quote. Why is that Conservative voters want to pretend they're not Republican neo-cons and have the gall to pretend they're the equivalent of Obama supporters in the US? That's ridiculous

How do you know people think this way, and even if they do, whats wrong with it? It's their opinion.

Im still wondering how you know 5 million conservative voters.?

I can form a reasonable conclusion right now, based on what you just typed (which isn't stereotyping), although you'll probably say it is. It's too bad that you're not right (except that you're right-winger).

Again, I think it is disturbing Conservatives voters don't seem to see the disconnect between supporting Obama (mind you, not all Conservative voters even support Obama!) and voting for Harper's CPC.

It may be their point of view, and since they're allowed to have their opinion, I'm allowed to believe their opinions show a tremendous lack of logic. There's a serious disparity between Obama's beliefs and Harper's, and yet that disconnect doesn't seem to register in Conservatives' minds.
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
JohnCambell
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JohnCambell »

Well, how about people that vote Liberal, should we go around calling you Cheezy then? You don't have much logic, but your rambling statements that make no sense.
JohnCambell
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JohnCambell »

Careful, your stereotyping again, I am not right wing.

I don't believe in any of the 3 parties. I just don't care to get myself worked up over this. I don't think it makes sense for Politicians to keep complaining at each other, it's kinda of obvious their system is not to perfection.
JohnCambell
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JohnCambell »

I'm allowed to believe their opinions show a tremendous lack of logic, you quoted.

If your not aware. This is what is called ego. This is the very thing that prevents mankind in general from moving forward. Just because somebody has a different opinion than yours, certainly doesn't show they have a lack of logic. It basically just shows they have a different opinion.

What is it that you think everybody should follow your way of thinking? Are you able to solve everybody's problems? If so, please step up.
dudlee
Übergod

Post by dudlee »

usquebaugh wrote:
dudlee wrote:http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=I7bkaMAyZAM&NR=1

Jack Layton canada's own George Bush.

Why do far more Canadians believe Harper's the equivalent of neo-con cousin, George?

Why is that Conservative voters want to pretend they're not Republican neo-cons and have the gall to pretend they're the equivalent of Obama supporters in the US? That's ridiculous. If one really believed in Obama's message of change and hope for American, then one would know that the guy who's responsible for NAFTAgate (namely, Harper) is no supporter of Obama or his policies. He's just ticked that McCain didn't win.

Look I'm not in LOVE with Harper.What I like about him is that he is an economist, not a proffessor of crap like Dion was.I look at the liberals and it's like looking at a bunch of self righteous educated elitests that constantly screw over the West.

I lost all respect for Layton when he started this coalition crap prior to the last election ,thus devaluing the voters voice.

Duceppe is the most consistent leader in Ottawa, he's for Quebec and doesn't care about anyone else.I still do noy see how his party can be classified as a federal party, when it only cares about one province.

Harper could do more, the sitting and waiting tactic can only work for so long.The other parties better start showing more respect for how the WEST voted or there will be action taken , I'm sure of that.
"A lie stated over a long enough period of time, becomes the truth" Adolf Hitler. But I say , "A half truth is a lie and there is always two sides to a story, but only one truth"
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

If Harper's such a great economist, then why did he flunk out of the U of T's economics undergraduate program? Not to mention, why would he repeat McCain's maxim about the fundamentals of the economy being "solid" (as Harper said, I know McCain said "strong").
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

usquebaugh wrote:If Harper's such a great economist, then why did he flunk out of the U of T's economics undergraduate program? Not to mention, why would he repeat McCain's maxim about the fundamentals of the economy being "solid" (as Harper said, I know McCain said "strong").

That question has been answered many times. Do you not read them?

Nabcom
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

dudlee wrote: I'm not in LOVE with Harper. What I like about him is that he is an economist, not a proffessor of crap like Dion was. I look at the liberals and it's like looking at a bunch of self righteous educated elitests that constantly screw over the West.

I lost all respect for Layton when he started this coalition crap prior to the last election ,thus devaluing the voters voice.

Duceppe is the most consistent leader in Ottawa, he's for Quebec and doesn't care about anyone else.I still do noy see how his party can be classified as a federal party, when it only cares about one province.

Harper could do more, the sitting and waiting tactic can only work for so long. The other parties better start showing more respect for how the WEST voted or there will be action taken, I'm sure of that.

Most professors I know are actually very down to earth, and not elitist at all (there are some, but usually they end up in being Deans/Provosts [though, some of them are very fun to party with!]). Anyway, I ended up really liking Dion, because Harper made his attacks personal, rather than based on a sound refutation of Dion's ideas. Also, that commercial of the Puffin pooping on Dion's shoulder just demonstrates the kindergarten mentality of the Conservatives (as I see it).

You blame Layton for the coalition, but forget that Harper tried the same thing in September 2004 when he wrote his letter to Adrienne Clarkson, asking her to allow him to form a coalition with Duceppe and Layton. Futhermore, Harper only knew about the coalition talks between Layton and Duceppe by violating the Canadian Criminal Code (Section 181.4). Yes, I know the Conservatives were "accidentally" invited, but the law says that they had to be the intended audience for any recording to be legal. It just stinks to high heaven that there's been no criminal investigation. Also, only dictators (and Nixon!) spy on their political opponents (or, I suppose in a dictatorship, those opponents are dissidents!) and make recordings of their private meetings.

I don't see Harper fighting for all Canada, though, especially not after this most recent budget, with its sexist legislation against a woman's right to receive equal pay for equal work. That's twisted.

As for Layton and the NDP voting against Harper--they're just listening to their constituents, most of whom do not trust Harper. (Hell, there are a lot of people in Ontario who don't trust Flaherty for that matter). Harper has been far too secretive, and his government's refusal to acquiesce to Access to Information requests is disturbing.
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
JohnCambell
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JohnCambell »

Dion was a dud, and that's why he is in the King Dud's seat.
dudlee
Übergod

Post by dudlee »

Nabcom wrote:
usquebaugh wrote:If Harper's such a great economist, then why did he flunk out of the U of T's economics undergraduate program? Not to mention, why would he repeat McCain's maxim about the fundamentals of the economy being "solid" (as Harper said, I know McCain said "strong").

That question has been answered many times. Do you not read them?

Nabcom

Thank you
"A lie stated over a long enough period of time, becomes the truth" Adolf Hitler. But I say , "A half truth is a lie and there is always two sides to a story, but only one truth"
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

JohnCambell wrote:Dion was a dud, and that's why he is in the King Dud's seat.

You didn't think the Conservatives campaign against him was childish? Hmm.
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

dudlee wrote:Thank you

Since you're the one I'm having the discussion with, dudlee, I can wait for the answer (if there is one) to come from you.
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
dudlee
Übergod

Post by dudlee »

You blame Layton for the coalition, but forget that Harper tried the same thing in September 2004 when he wrote his letter to Adrienne Clarkson, asking her to allow him to form a coalition with Duceppe and Layton

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nice try, But this is a lie.He never Signed such an agreement, this was brought up solely because He caught them before they could take over and the fabricated this crap, this fake letter that had no signatures or way of be authenticated. PURE BULL, at it's manipulative political wa-wa finest.

IGGY today set forth a new direction, a direction that discludes the New Dummy Party and the Block-Heads.It will be interesting to see how much Harper sells the west down the river for this time.Basically the Centralists parties have one again.The amount of funding that will come to BC will be a joke, I predict .That WOW, $million dollars announced by Stocky Day to us will never show up till ,it is promised in the next election, where the Liberals will have enough ammo to screw us all again , so in essence, it will never come.

If the Liberals really want to help BC ,why did they do obsolutely nothing about the Pine Beetle?
The answer is because they don'e care about the west.Plain and simple.
dudlee
Übergod

Post by dudlee »

Via my last post.

The liberals didn't help the pine beetle situation because it hurt the unions in the forestry sector, they are union busting in the west and yet they support the auto workers in Ontario. What a shock
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

September 9, 2004

Her Excellency the Right Honourable Adrienne Clarkson,
C.C., C.M.M., C.O.M., C.D.
Governor General
Rideau Hall
1 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A1

Excellency,

As leaders of the opposition parties, we are well aware that, given the
Liberal minority government, you could be asked by the Prime Minister
to dissolve the 38th Parliament at any time should the House of Commons
fail to support some part of the government’s program.

We respectfully point out that the opposition parties, who together
constitute a majority in the House, have been in close consultation. We
believe that, should a request for dissolution arise this should give
you cause, as constitutional practice has determined, to consult the
opposition leaders and consider all of your options before exercising
your constitutional authority.

Your attention to this matter is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Hon. Stephen Harper, P.C., M.P.
Leader of the Opposition
Leader of the Conservative Party of Canada

Gilles Duceppe, M.P.
Leader of the Bloc Quebecois

Jack Layton, M.P.
Leader of the New Democratic Party

Here you are dudlee, since you seem to be in denial. Even the Tories agree that such a letter was written and signed, although they claim it was done in a different spirit. :coffeecanuck:

But opposition members have denied the charges. They fired back with charges of hypocrisy, citing a letter to former governor general Adrienne Clarkson in 2004, signed by then opposition leaders Harper, Gilles Duceppe and Jack Layton that discussed the prospects of dissolving Parliament if the government of Paul Martin, the prime minister, was to be defeated.

The letter stated that the opposition parties, which constituted a majority in the House, have "been in close consultation" and that if Clarkson was asked to dissolve Parliament, she should "consult the opposition leaders and consider all of your options before exercising your constitutional authority."

The Tories counter that that agreement was different because it didn't include a formal coalition.
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?

Return to “Canada”