Should the West separate?

Should the West Separate?

YES
48
55%
NO
39
45%
 
Total votes: 87

User avatar
usquebaugh
Guru
Posts: 8984
Joined: Mar 19th, 2005, 3:17 pm

Re: Should the West separate?

Post by usquebaugh »

dudlee wrote:dudlee wrote:
Do you admit that the 1926 appointment of a Coalition government didn't work and that is why it has never been granted since that time? and that this attempt is both based in lies and deceit?

No. Just because something has failed once, doesn't meant that is necessarily bound to fail again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To follow this way of thinking bath water should be consumed.Not tried for 83 years, should we then go back to horse and buggy or how about ice chests instead of fridges, oh and back then women were not allowed to vote, is that OK ?


Is it okay that Harper & Co. want to make it harder for women to demand equal pay for equal work? Sounds like the Conservatives are the ones trying to roll the clock back to the beginning of the 20th century.
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
User avatar
dudlee
Übergod
Posts: 1338
Joined: Feb 8th, 2008, 1:21 pm

Re: Should the West separate?

Post by dudlee »

dudlee wrote:Hell yes we should separate, just look how iggy says"Oh it's OK for Nfld Reps to vote against it but I bet Western liberal reps aren't?
Nfld is complaining about not getting as much federal money while BC ,Alberta, and Saskatchewan, get nothing. Looks more like Williams is trying to become Duceppe jr. and Iggy thinks it's alright for Nfld to have a protest vote.

Yet another example of how the west is Ignored, or given no value by the centralist politicians
"A lie stated over a long enough period of time, becomes the truth" Adolf Hitler. But I say , "A half truth is a lie and there is always two sides to a story, but only one truth"
sanemind
Fledgling
Posts: 218
Joined: Dec 4th, 2008, 10:33 am

Re: Should the West separate?

Post by sanemind »

YES,IF ONLY TO GET RID OF PEOPLE LIKE lAYTON
User avatar
dudlee
Übergod
Posts: 1338
Joined: Feb 8th, 2008, 1:21 pm

Re: Should the West separate?

Post by dudlee »

Iggy looks like a T-Rex from the side and Harper's the stay puff marshmellowman.Layton looks a bald Nazi, and then there's May the walrus and Duce the doe in the headlights.

What a great selection of selfish power hungry zealots
Last edited by dudlee on Feb 25th, 2009, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A lie stated over a long enough period of time, becomes the truth" Adolf Hitler. But I say , "A half truth is a lie and there is always two sides to a story, but only one truth"
minimouse
Posts: 58
Joined: Jan 30th, 2009, 9:44 am

Re: Should the West separate?

Post by minimouse »

i think western seperation comes by way of the fact that we are supposed to be representational govt, however the population all resides in ON and QUE, and the elections are over before it we can even mark an x. seperate in reality, no we wouldnt have the population. we're just tired of some french guy whining over and over. distinct society my *bleep*, someone explain how they are any different than the chinese, italians, indians that helped build this country
I Think
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10439
Joined: May 29th, 2008, 6:12 pm

Re: Should the West separate?

Post by I Think »

I just happened to be sitting behind a group of Quebequois tourists last night at an event, and heard the expression "Quebec Libre". I asked and was informed that they are ardent separatists. I told them that It was OK with me if they separated as long as they kept harper. I also told them that there are quite a few BC separatists which amazed them. Personally I think that playing the 'separatist card' works beautifully for Quebec, we should use it too. If we start making enough noise about separating, we will get the same kind of grease that Quebec gets.
We're lost but we're making good time.
User avatar
dudlee
Übergod
Posts: 1338
Joined: Feb 8th, 2008, 1:21 pm

Re: Should the West separate?

Post by dudlee »

Let's just separate already, it couldn't be any worse.
"A lie stated over a long enough period of time, becomes the truth" Adolf Hitler. But I say , "A half truth is a lie and there is always two sides to a story, but only one truth"
User avatar
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3922
Joined: Nov 10th, 2008, 1:50 pm

Re: Should the West separate?

Post by Homeownertoo »

I have no problem with separating from ROC, whether just BC or BC and Alberta, or Sask. and Man. The irony, however, is that any separation would almost inevitably take some form of sovereignty-association, just like Levesque wanted.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
User avatar
dudlee
Übergod
Posts: 1338
Joined: Feb 8th, 2008, 1:21 pm

Re: Should the West separate?

Post by dudlee »

minimouse wrote:i think western seperation comes by way of the fact that we are supposed to be representational govt, however the population all resides in ON and QUE, and the elections are over before it we can even mark an x. seperate in reality, no we wouldnt have the population. we're just tired of some french guy whining over and over. distinct society my *bleep*, someone explain how they are any different than the chinese, italians, indians that helped build this country


See I disagree , I can only speak for myself when I state that my decision to vote to separate comes from Decades of liberalism lies and conservative cons . There , presently, is not one party in Ottawa that gives a damn about the west .I personally feel that Trudeau nurtured the separatist movement to justify sending tax dollars to his buddies .I really believe it is fake.Quebec couldn't stand on it's own financially, they just boo hoo and whine because the get what they want. Quebec is Canada's spoiled brat .The bloc should be shut down plain and simple .See the western separatist will involve all the west, unlike quebec which only thinks for themselves .Quebec receives $9 billion worth of transfer payments, or equalization payments while the West receives nothing, the west is Cinderella and quebec is the evil step sisters.
"A lie stated over a long enough period of time, becomes the truth" Adolf Hitler. But I say , "A half truth is a lie and there is always two sides to a story, but only one truth"
User avatar
dudlee
Übergod
Posts: 1338
Joined: Feb 8th, 2008, 1:21 pm

Re: Should the West separate?

Post by dudlee »

Just plucked this off the CBC threads , and they wonder why the West Wants To Separate.
==============================================
Ruling renews debate about French
Parti Québécois Leader Pauline Marois tabled an emergency motion after Thursday's ruling, calling on Quebec's provincial legislature to "denounce" the Supreme Court decision, and demanding the premier stand up for the French language.

Marois told the province's assembly she is surprised the Liberals don't have an immediate action plan, given the governing party has expected a ruling in the case since 2007.

Charest said he too was disappointed by the decision, because Bill 104 was an important law designed to prevent parents from using a back door to do something that technically isn't allowed.

The government's response will stress the importance of French as a Quebec value, Charest said.
"A lie stated over a long enough period of time, becomes the truth" Adolf Hitler. But I say , "A half truth is a lie and there is always two sides to a story, but only one truth"
User avatar
Wallybanger
Fledgling
Posts: 109
Joined: Sep 8th, 2005, 6:38 pm

Re: Should the West separate?

Post by Wallybanger »

Hell yes. Cut that eastern baggage loose.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free.
-Johann von Goethe
User avatar
dudlee
Übergod
Posts: 1338
Joined: Feb 8th, 2008, 1:21 pm

Re: Should the West separate?

Post by dudlee »

Well another BS EKO's poll announcing the Liberals are gainning ground , this spring we'll go to the polls because Quebec and Ontario don't like it when they don't run the whole show,

TIME TO LEAVE THE FARCE AND START A NEW.
"A lie stated over a long enough period of time, becomes the truth" Adolf Hitler. But I say , "A half truth is a lie and there is always two sides to a story, but only one truth"
User avatar
kompili
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 11112
Joined: Jul 30th, 2009, 12:10 am

Re: Should the West separate?

Post by kompili »

Sounds like a great idea to separate. First piece of business can we hang Gordon Campbell.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
User avatar
dudlee
Übergod
Posts: 1338
Joined: Feb 8th, 2008, 1:21 pm

Re: Should the West separate?

Post by dudlee »

One reason to Separate.

Subject: About our OAS pension


URGENT ATTENTION About Our OAS pensions Bill C-428 An Act to Amend the Old Age Security Act ( residency requirements)


This bill had first reading in the house on June 18, 2009. When I saw the video on U tube, I heard that it was seconded by Bob Rae. MP Ms Dhalla who introduced the bill represents the riding of Brampton whose population is mainly east Indian. Right now you have to have lived in Canada for 10 years in order to qualify for Old Age Security. She wants the time reduced to 3 years. So you could come here when you are 62 years old, never work or contribute to this county’s tax system etc and qualify for full Old Age Security benefits. Can you believe this. 10 years is a stretch!!



I certainly hope this bill does not get passed and I am thinking it is about time we call our elected MP’s as well as the NDP and Liberal candidates and ask them if they support this bill. This may be one factor to help us determine who get elected in the next election.



I hope this bill doesn't get passed!!!!!!
"A lie stated over a long enough period of time, becomes the truth" Adolf Hitler. But I say , "A half truth is a lie and there is always two sides to a story, but only one truth"
User avatar
dudlee
Übergod
Posts: 1338
Joined: Feb 8th, 2008, 1:21 pm

Re: Should the West separate?

Post by dudlee »

Homeownertoo wrote:I have no problem with separating from ROC, whether just BC or BC and Alberta, or Sask. and Man. The irony, however, is that any separation would almost inevitably take some form of sovereignty-association, just like Levesque wanted.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NAAAAAAAAA. I feel that western Canada is sick and tired of special interest
groups trying to claim that they are being treated unfairly . First order of business will be to pass a bill that basically says "Hey you don't like it here!!!!!!!?. Then get the Hell out " "We're sick and tired of being screwed and we're not gonna take it anymore." and don't bother trying to fill our court system up with frivolous CRAP cases , we'll just dismiss them.

Back to reality , our dollar goes up , our gas price goes down , and our imports get cheaper , and most of all it's "Canadian Farm goods first " BC wood , Alberta , beef and oil , Sask Farm goods , and Manitoba [If they even come] goods as well .Global is fine , but not at the behest of our own Canadian products. And no more selling off of Canada , politicians promoting that philosophy will be HANGED .
"A lie stated over a long enough period of time, becomes the truth" Adolf Hitler. But I say , "A half truth is a lie and there is always two sides to a story, but only one truth"

Return to “Canada”